“Great Service, bad bed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 hotels in Waco
Coppell, Texas
“Great Service, bad bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice clean hotel. Front desk personnel and male breakfast attendant were all very friendly, and helped make our stay great.
But, our bed was very uncomfortable, it sagged big time in the middle.
We would probably stay here again, but would definetly ask about the bed first.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
DuaneI, General Manager at Comfort Suites Baylor North, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
William S,
We are glad you stayed with us. We strive to provide outstanding customer service, I am happy that you noticed. We are currently in the middle of a remodel and expect to complete the remodel in the next 60 days. One of our high priorities is to change the beds. Next time you visit us you should have a much better experience. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to the next time.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Booked online for two nights Great price! Everything was so Clean,we loved the the King Room it was big and spacious. The staff was very friendly! Location was ok. Just few mins to stores and restaurants, mall etc..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DuaneI, General Manager at Comfort Suites Baylor North, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Mayrakl,
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. We try daily to make our hotel look new again. It is so hard with the remodel underway. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to seeing you next time you come through Waco. Have a wonderful day.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was encouraged by all the five-star review here on TripAdvisor to book my room via Priceline, as had the previous reviewer Cortney. The first thing you notice is that, yes, the building is undergoing renovation. So right now, do not stay there if you want to use the pool; it's out of order. That was fine by me, as all I needed were a safe place to stay, free Wi-Fi, and a nice breakfast in the morning. All those happened.

The first room [a suite, which includes a sofa, king-size bed and kitchenette-ish area] looked very nice, but I was disappointed the closer I looked at it: It was clearly not recently, or just inadequately, cleaned. The room did smell a little stale, in retrospect. What was disappointing was the live silverfish I had to squish in the bathtub and the dead one on the floor, as well as the dead fruit flies and other spots underneath the pillows on the bed. I have not seen that before. Also, the walls were bizarrely dirty. I promptly asked for and received another room, which was much cleaner, although I did find a large toenail clipping on the floor.

There will be some noise from the construction, though most of what I noticed seemed to come from the room above me.

Hoping that most rooms are like the latter one I stayed in, I rate this four -- and not three -- stars.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DuaneI, General Manager at Comfort Suites Baylor North, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. Renovating a hotel is very challenging. We are doing our best to have a quality hotel and at the same time make the hotel better. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

My second favorite place to stay while in Waco on business. Very quick and easy check in. The rooms are very spacious with large flat screen Sharp Aquos TV. Mini bar with sink and small fridge. Very clean with all modern amenities. Formerly a Radisson now an independant property. For the money the value is unbeatable. Hopefully it will stay this way and they will keep up the property. I stay in 15-18 hotel rooms per month on business so i recognize good service and great value. This property has both. Just monitor reviews as sometimes independants get run down quick. Let's hope that is not the case here. As of writing this review i strongly encourage you stay at this hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Baylor North, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Biztravler,
Thank you for your wonderful words. When a manager focuses on customer service then reading a review like your post means the employees have bought into the importance of serving the guest. I have a bit of news for you. We will be converting into a Comfort Suite in the coming months. However, we will be here with the same phone number and the same smiling staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again, you have made my day.
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past couple of years. Sometimes the hotel staff changes, but the service never does. This past week I was traveling to Waco and with everything I had going on, I forgot to make hotel reservations until the night before I left. When I called to make the reservation the man at the front desk said the hotel was booked for the night I needed; however, there MIGHT be a room opening up (he wouldn't know until the next morning). Well, I called several times that next morning as I was waiting for planes. I also called around noon when we arrived in Waco--no vacancy yet. I was desperate to find a room. When I called back at 2pm to see if anyone had checked out, the lady at the front desk happily said "Mrs. P, we have your room booked and ready for you!" I was thrilled! The rooms are always clean, staff is so friendly, and the free continental breakfast is always good too!

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in have been the same--clean, quiet, and comfortable. You can manage your o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We try each day to make out guests feel at home. We are glad to see you each time you come back and appreciate your loyalty. Have a great day, we’ll see you soon.
Coweta, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

After riding a motorcycle all day through Dallas from Corpus Christ, i felt like I was getting the royal treatment. It was late when we rolled into Waco, and desperate for a swimming pool. The attendant said he could keep it open, so we headed over. It was initially out of our price range, but TOTALLY worth the $20-$30 more than the cheap local places. The pool had waterfalls to massage your shoulders and temp was just right. The room itself was huge! King bed with 6+pillows and a down comforter! Most comfortable sleep I have EVER had in a hotel, and I travel a lot. We got the cheapest room they had and it even came with in-room kitchenette, large desk, fold out couch, and separate sink/shower/toilet. Very spacious and a great value for paying more than I expected for a room that night, so totally worth it! Don't even consider another in town (because we tried) and this place is brand new and beautiful!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
DuaneI, General Manager at Comfort Suites Baylor North, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
It was indeed a pleasure having you in our hotel. We think our hotel is one of the hidden gems of Central Texas and we are glad you agree. Thank you so much for letting others know about your experience. See you again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Great hotel! Wonderful beds! Clean and comfy. The best thing I can say is anything you need, the staff handles quickly, and with pleasure. They have a great manager I had the pleasure of meeting. Duane Ide has only been here a short time, but his passion for this hotel, and his wonderful staff shows! Thank you, sir, we enjoyed our stay immensely. You added a personal touch to our stay that is rare indeed. I highly recommend this hotel when you have Waco, Texas in your plans. Make it a point to meet Mr Ide, and it's a sure bet that you will be a repeat customer . Thanks for everything, y'all!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We try to make you feel like you are at your home away from home when you are at our hotel. We enjoyed having you as part of our family for a night. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Comfort Suites Baylor North? Share your experiences!