“Like home except relaxing =)” 5 of 5 stars

1910 Austin Ave., Waco, TX 76701   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Waco B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Honolulu
“Like home except relaxing =)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was in town for a few days for business but also had my children with me so wanted a place that was comfortable for them to stay at while I was out working. This B & B was perfect with such a beautifully manicured yard for them to play outside. Becky was like warm sunshine always greeting with a smile and making sure all was going great. We have some food sensitivities and she was careful to prepare our breakfast with our health in mind, that was very much appreciated. Absolutely loved out stay and will stay here if we are ever in the area again!!

Room Tip: Matt's Attic was perfect for us as we had a couple children as well as my work assistant. My as...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sherman, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was our first time to stay at a B&B, and we were not disappointed! The Cotton Palace is a beautiful place, and the rooms are wonderful! We stayed in Emily's room, which was lovely. I also peeked into Erin's Suite while I was there (the door was open and the guests had not arrived, so I couldn't help myself), and it looks very lovely, as well. The common areas of the house are equally as nice, and the front porch is just what you would expect in a grand old home like this. Gorgeous! We enjoyed a glass of wine on the front porch in the evening, and the street was quiet and peaceful. You can tell that Becky has really put in a lot of time and effort to get everything in tip top shape. As lovely as the house itself is, I think the best part was breakfast. The stuffed French Toast was amazing! And we really enjoyed the conversation with Dutch - he is a character!

Unfortunately, we could only stay one night, but if we ever do have another occasion to stay in Waco, we will absolutely stay at The Cotton Palace again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
So glad you enjoyed the front porch! I love sitting out there, too! So glad your first experience at a B & B turned out so well. Would love to see you again at the breakfast table!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were in town for one day for a class, and Becky made us feel perfectly at home. Comfortable room, great breakfast, and the friendliest hostess you could wish for. Sunset cocktails at 1424 also recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Pros: Everything you want in a B&B. Clean, tidy, well-appointed, relaxing, with great breakfasts. Texas friendly! If there are other positive adjectives you can think of to describe your favorite B&B, they also belong in this list.

Cons: If you are looking for the impersonal experience of a hotel, this might not be for you.

Who am I? A breakfast snob. I have been to many B&Bs with supposedly good or great breakfasts. But whether it is bad coffee, overcooked eggs, or just general cooking mediocrity, something always disappoints. Not so at the Cotton Palace! Every aspect was excellent and well prepared. There were even bowls full of actually ripe, sweet fruit.

The other aspect of this B&B is that the proprietor, Becky, is an excellent conversationalist who can easily bring everybody at the breakfast table into the conversation. So you will get to hear some stories and maybe share a few of your own.

Whitewright, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was one of our favorite B&B's to date! We were treated like family, yet honored guests... the best of both worlds. From the moment we arrived, to the moment we left, we felt so at home and welcome. The house is lovely, the breakfast delicious, the bed so restful and the conversation at breakfast was a pleasure.

We hope to return, during the fall and this time, we hope to meet "Dutch"... I have a feeling that the breakfast conversations will be even more lively!

Thanks to Becky and her son for making us so comfy, while we were there!

Scott and Linda

Room Tip: Just look them over on the website. We chose ours at random, but everyone we met there loved theirs...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the compliment! My wonderful guests make this business so much fun! Would love to have you return and visit with Dutch over breakfast - I told him he missed a great time at the breakfast table the morning you were here.
Mansfield, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My sister and I enjoyed our stay in "Emily's room" very much! The room is beautiful and very comfortable. I love the yellow and blue decor! We so enjoyed our delicious breakfasts and the conversation around the table with the other guests and with Becky. Since my husband and I are huge Baylor backers and Bear fans, I will definitely be bringing him to the Cotton Palace on our next trip to Waco. I hope we get to meet Dutch next time! Thanks for a wonderful retreat from the everyday hustle and bustle, and Sic 'em Bears!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Glad you and your sister had a wonderful time in Waco! Hope to see you this coming fall at some Baylor games. Would love to have you and your husband stay with us.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I needed a short getaway and we were overwhelmingly impressed by the friendliness, the good food, and the comfortable room at the Cotton Palace. We met some nice folks from around Texas and beyond too. We will be back in the future for certain.

Room Tip: The Amanda Room was nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cotton Palace? Share your experiences!