“Wonderful Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Waco B&B and Inns
Mansfield, TX
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My sister and I enjoyed our stay in "Emily's room" very much! The room is beautiful and very comfortable. I love the yellow and blue decor! We so enjoyed our delicious breakfasts and the conversation around the table with the other guests and with Becky. Since my husband and I are huge Baylor backers and Bear fans, I will definitely be bringing him to the Cotton Palace on our next trip to Waco. I hope we get to meet Dutch next time! Thanks for a wonderful retreat from the everyday hustle and bustle, and Sic 'em Bears!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Glad you and your sister had a wonderful time in Waco! Hope to see you this coming fall at some Baylor games. Would love to have you and your husband stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I needed a short getaway and we were overwhelmingly impressed by the friendliness, the good food, and the comfortable room at the Cotton Palace. We met some nice folks from around Texas and beyond too. We will be back in the future for certain.

Room Tip: The Amanda Room was nice.
Arlington, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at a fair number of B&B's over the past 12 years (our choice over the chains when we it works to do so). The Cotton Palace was truly a highlight of them. Clean, pleasant, fun, attractive -- so many adjectives come to mind in addition to elegant, but homey. It was a great home-away-from-home for us with the decor, books, jetted tub, and Dutch. As a career academic myself (starting my 45th year of college service), it was a joy to talk to Dutch Schroeder about teaching, Baylor, baseball, and so forth. The food was very good and properly filling. Parking was more than adequate and The Cotton Palace was convenient to several places we wanted to see. We look forward to our next stay there!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay! Dad does love visiting with the guests and sharing life experiences. Breakfast is always something special with Dutch at the table! Hope you'll get back to Waco soon and enjoy all the wonderful events and venues that make Waco so special.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Me and my fiancee stayed here when we came to town for our family reunion and it was so amazing, it was nice to get away from all the activity after a long day. It was peace full and very clean. We stayed 2 nights, The breakfasts were amazing and we enjoyed wonderful conversation with Dutch Schroeder (his daughters own and run the place). I really do look forward to visiting again!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We selected the "Matt 's Attic" room for our stay at the Cotton Palace. It was cozy and comfortable. After a good night's sleep,breakfast was plentiful and tasty. We were warmly greeted by Becky upon our late arrival. And Dutch was friendly and kind at breakfast. My daughter was visiting Baylor. The Cotton Palace is very convenient to the campus. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TheCottonPalace, Owner at The Cotton Palace, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We wish your daughter "good luck" in finding the perfect fit college for her. Of course, we love Baylor and are thrilled that it is one of the universities on her list.
The Colony, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

When my friend informed me that she had booked us a room at a bed and breakfast in Waco for a middle of the week visit (she lives in Austin and I north of Dallas, Waco is about half way) I was excited since I had never stayed at a B&B. The Cotton Palace was just as the name proclaims it is a absolute palace! The house is beautiful, the rooms were gorgeous and so comfortable, the breakfast was delicious. Just when I thought it could not get any better, I meet Dutch, he is the real deal, delightful, funny, inteligent, sweet and a wealth of knowledge about the history Waco and Texas. I will be going back, actually I'm already looking foreward to our next visit. I can't comment on other B&Bs but as for The Cotton Palace it is by far the best experience I've had at any hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
So glad your first experience was a good one! We love getting to introduce our guests to the "B & B experience" and to Waco!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

The Cotton Palace offered amazing hospitality! The rooms were gorgeous and the gourmet breakfast delicious! However, nothing surpassed the conversations with Becky and Dutch. I would highly recommend The Cotton Palace for a fabulous stay in Waco!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to The Cotton Palace? Share your experiences!