“AWFUL SERVICE!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Waco
Dallas
“AWFUL SERVICE!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

This hotel was so awful!! The rooms were nasty the service was terrible. The staff was rude!

• Liked — LEAVING!!!
  • Stayed August 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
maximummax, Public relations manager at Super 8 Waco University, responded to this review, February 19, 2009
The staff has been well trained, the service has been improved and additional comfort has been added to make the customer's stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

I knew it was a busy weekend in Waco with Baylor Premier, tennis match and rodeo competition, most other hotels were booked so I was happy to get this room. My confirmation said it was a King room, upon check in it was a queen and had been made into a handicap room so the bathroom was HUGE but the bedroom tiny. I went to the desk to ask about the sitation and was told that my confirmation was probably from Expedia so it was wrong, I showed them that my confirmation was from Super 8 website, so then they said they must have sent the confirmation before checking availability??????? Then why call it a confirmation. Then they said they didn't have any other rooms- pretty much tough luck. No apologies or telling me that they were sorry. OK, so the room was small, smelled bad even though it said it was a non-smoking room, and it was so close to I35 and the frontage road that we could hear the noise like we were standing on the hwy. The airconditioner would not stay on-tried to find a fan button to block the noice, resorted to the bathroom fan but we still heard traffic all night. The sheets were not big enough for the bed, they couldn't be tucked under and kept bunching up. It was a long miserable night. There were tennis team kids staying here and I am sure they enjoyed the facilites just fine but next time I am in Waco I will be willing to pay more for better customer service and a better night sleep.

• Liked — close to Baylor campus
  • Disliked — Bad attitude of front desk, noise from the freeway
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
maximummax, public relations manager at Super 8 Waco University, responded to this review, February 19, 2009
we really apologise to the customer and offer 50% discount on their next stay at our super8
Tulsa, OK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2007

This hotel looks very nice from the outside. Inside it's a little stale & smokey in the hallways. My "non-smoking" room smelled smokey. I don't know if they just mislabeled the room or if someone smoked right before me but I wanted to move. Front desk said they didn't have any other non-smoking rooms. I'm not real fussy, but the front desk wouldn't adjust my bill without "management approval" who of course, was not in.

Location is excellent on IH 35. Breakfast was ok. Room was a little small, but it's a Super 8 & ok for $55. Needless to say I will not be returning. Neighboring hotels are a little more expensive but I think I'll give the La Quinta or EconoLodge a try the next time...don't know much about either though.

• Stayed March 2007
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2007

My stay with Super8 was a very nice experience...the lady at the front desk was very polite and helpful. Housekeeping was good and the morning breakfast was very filling.
i do intend to stay here in future.

Stayed March 2007
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2006

The room had the smell of urine and cigarettes very strong in non-smoking room. Very poor TV reception. The showerhead was broken. I ask the front desk for some tape, any kind of tape even scotch tape which was setting on the desk to try to repair it myself. The young lady was not responsive to my problem (NO SHOWER FOR ME). Even if the shower was working the water was only luke warm.. Along about 12 midnight a loud rock music from some where in the hotel woke us up. It only lasted about 15 min. The breakfast buffet consisted of bagels, toast, coffee (no Coffee in room) and watered down juice. The room had no iron or hair dryer. I am a frequent traveler. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — High Speed Internet
  • Disliked — Showerhead was broken.
  • Tips/Secrets — Absolutely No extras here. Good rate not a good value considering the problems.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

We stayed there on June 18 and the frontdesk guy at check-in was super friendly! The room was average though. They were full that night and we were given a wheel chair facility room so that means the bathroom looked like a gym one. There was only a shower with no bath tub so we ended up flooding the bathroom floor. The room looked a bit worn out as well. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2005

Over three weeks ago a group of club members from all over Texas made reservations for the 5th of November 2005, at the Super 8 Motel in Waco Texas. We could not get a block of room so each individual had to take care of their on reservations, here were 21 of us. Today, October the 18th some of our group got a call from the Motel stating that their reservations had been cancelled. FEMA had requested more rooms than they had available. The rest of us were not notified... The reason we had made reservations there in the first place was because they had space available for all of us to be together. As a side note there is a big football game scheduled to be in town that week end so space is hard to come by. Luckly one of our members lives in Waco and was able to find a motel that could accomidate all of us..
When I called to cancel my reservations, I requested a cancellation confirmation and was told they did not have confirmation numbers for cancellations. Less than an hour later another member called me to make sure I had gotten my new reservations made, and cancelled the ones at Super 8. He had gotten a cancellation verification. I firmly believe those people don't have a clue how to do business and will never get any more of mine.

Been to Super 8 Waco University? Share your experiences!