“Nice for truck, trailer & dog” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Waco
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1504 Interstate Hwy 35 North, Waco, TX 76705   |
Ranked #18 of 25 hotels in Waco
Stillwater, Oklahoma
“Nice for truck, trailer & dog”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Needed a cheap room with large parking lot that was pet friendly and this fit the bill. Mary at the front desk was very nice at check in, even had a treat bag for the dog. They have a large lot next to the hotel which was great since we were pulling a 40ft rv. Only complaint is I found small ants on the vanity in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
UNIVERSITY CITY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We didn't stay long. In fact, we arrived and left in a span of 20 minutes.

Our room was at the end of the building, next to the stairwell, and at the dark end of the parking lot. Since it was well in to the evening, and we were in an unknown town, at the dark end of the hotel and parking lot, I told my wife to wait in the van with the kids while I checked the room out. When I opened the door, the room smelled of a vacuum bag that hadn't been changed in a long, long time.

The room looked okay, so the family piled out of the van and started getting familiar with the room. My four year-old daughter thought the place looked a little dirty, and my two year-old son screamed when he found a roach in the night stand. I was about to plug in the TV when I noticed the inch-deep dust pile behind the dresser. That's when I heard my son scream about the roach he had found.

My wife looked in the nightstand to verify his discovery. Sure enough, it was a roach. She said, "We're outta here. When there's one, there are a whole bunch more". So, we turned in our keys and drove away-quickly.

While looking for another hotel, we noticed that the quality and price of the hotels in the area when down towards the south end of the strip. This hotel was near the lower end of the group. We ended up staying (and sleeping peacefully) at the Fairfield Inn a half mile or so up the street at the nicer grouping of hotels.

I should note that the Fairfield Inn had postings all over their parking lot about keeping valuables out of sight or to take them into the hotel with you. They also lock their front entrance after 10 or 11pm for security purposes. We didn't have any problems or hear of any trouble during the night, but who knows if we ended up staying at the previous hotel.

Unless you are looking for a place to party, steer clear of Days Inn Waco.

I haven't had a chance to check our credit card statement, but I am expecting our $75 back.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel are probably better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nacogdoches, Texas, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

OK. There were ants in room 108...the bathroom and bed. They were none stinging ants. I think the hotel has had water damage maybe in the past, so the ants have found a way in and are looking for sugar. We killed what we saw; they were not a problem. Don't leave food in the room if you stay here. We stayed two days; very convenient for the Heritage Craft Festival. Service was good. So if you're country like me, the ants are not that big of a deal.

• Stayed November 2012
WINNIPEG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Passing through Waco on way to Mission, TX. Had picked up a coupon book along the way and there was a coupon for your hotel.
Everything was very good. Really enjoyed the breakfast - especially the hard-boiled eggs and the instant flavored oatmeal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Waco? Share your experiences!