“Clean and comfortable, good value” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   115 S Jack Kultgen Expressway, Waco, TX 76706 (Formerly Lexington Inn)   |
Ranked #20 of 25 hotels in Waco
Houston, Texas
“Clean and comfortable, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our family stayed for one night on a road-trip through Waco. Since it was an overnight stay, we weren't looking for many amenities. The room was clean and comfortable, nicely appointed and roomy enough for two adults and a child to move about easily and relax. We had a coffee machine, micro and small fridge in room. The included breakfast was simple, pastry, cereal, fruit, etc. but plentiful, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The gentleman at the front desk even pulled out an article from the morning paper on a recently reopened theme park when he saw us browsing pamphlets on local attractions. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel that is a step above.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We came into town for one night to watch the Bears shock K-State, and this place was everything we were looking for, yet not as expensive as the other places nearby. Our room had a microwave and fridge, and they served a really good (and free) breakfast of fruit, cereal, pigs in a blanket, and self-cook waffles. If you need a place near campus at a reasonable rate, stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hayward, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I visit the Waco area 2-3 times per year and used to stay at other mid-priced hotels in Waco. I now stay here each visit and have for the last 2+ years. The hotel is comfy and the staff goes out of their way to help. I've had zero issues with early arrival as well. After driving 22 hours to get to Waco the last thing I want is BS at 11AM telling me come back at 3. We had an issue recently (last week) of an important item forgotten in the room after we checked out and the manager herself assisted in letting us back in the room hours later to retrieve the item....looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while at a conference in Waco. I reserved the room for 2 nights but was able to leave for home earlier than expected. I asked the front desk if there would be a penalty for checking out after just 1 night. I was told no, I would be charged for just 1 night. On check out, the clerk was unable to refund the charge for the second night but assured me that if I called the manager I would get the refund the next day. The manager refused to refund the charge. I will never use this facility again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The title says it all. While the front desk was very nice, the people we met in the parking lot and around the hotel were very sketchy. Our first room had an awful smell and I was afraid to go into the bathroom because things seemed to be growing in there. We requested a different room and our second room, while significantly better than the first, had dead bugs all over the floor. They really need to invest in some good housekeepers. While i can handle dated rooms and appliances, I do expect cleanliness. It is unsettling to leave a place and honestly be worried about critters coming home with you in your stuff or catching a weird infection.

Stayed September 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Reserved a room two weeks in advance and got a discount, or so I thought. Called ahead of time and asked if checking in early would cost me more money and was told it wouldn't. So I arrived with a printed recipt of my reservation that I had made on the hotels website and was greated with hostility by the owner. He never once looked at my reservation and insited on charging me full price and an early check in fee. After getting in his face he caved on the rate but not on the early check-in fee. After another contentious exchange he finally gave in and relented on the early check-in fee. The total leangth of time wasted negotiating a price which should have been set by the reservation lasted about 15 minutes. I will never stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!