“Clean, Friendly” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   115 S Jack Kultgen Expressway, Waco, TX 76706 (Formerly Lexington Inn)   |
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Waco
DFW, TX
“Clean, Friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Needed to make a last minute trip to Waco. Busy weekend at Baylor, so rooms were in short supply. We would not usually stay in a motel, so this does effect my opinion.
The room was very clean. No dust, cobwebs, or mold. The staff was exceptionally friendly and accomodating.
The decor is very dated. The beds are comfortable enough, with very clean linens. The noise level is a bit high, but the AC helps drown it out.
Parking is limited. We went out to dinner and upon our return, had to park on the adjacent street. The street is part of the motel's property, so we were told not to worry about tickets or vandalism. I was still a little stressed about car damage of some sort.
Breakfast was gone before we arrived in the breakfast area, at 8:30 (on Saturday morning), so I can't comment on the quality.
I would stay here again, if it were necessary, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Room Tip: No elevator. you will have to take luggage up stairs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

This motel was clean enough, I suppose, but ragged. The lobby looks nice and the motel was probably very nice at one time, but now is in dire need of refurbishing. There were no bed bugs and that's the best thing I can say. When I turned back the bed, I could not tell if the sheets were clean. They didn't look dirty, but rumpled--maybe they were not folded after having been washed (that is what I was hoping). The pool looked clean enough, but the lounge chairs were dirty and needed to be replaced. I would not have used one at all. Pool is also right by the interstate and so very noisy. There were a couple of good reviews and that is the only reason I booked this motel. It was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
rubenreyes, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
I am very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay I have looked into the issues that you mentioned and my staff has taken care of them and I personaly will make ceratin that they will never happen again.

Roger

Travelers are raving about these Waco hotels

Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Expedia recommended this hotel as walking distance to Baylor....and cheap! Now I know why cheap! I do want to say the office staff (Linda and Melanie) were great! Nice and welcoming! When we checked in Melanie offered a map that was very helpful for surrounding Waco & supplied directions to Target! My daughter & I needed to be close to Baylor-Expedia said "walking distance great:..so I booked....Walking ACROSS a HUGE HIGHWAY was not our cup of tea so we drove to Baylor! A/C great but LOUD..bed had huge dip in the middle, no blow dryer, the bottom sheet kept popping off the ends of the bed...ick....,when I called the office, they could not hear me on the phone so I had to yell...everything was just OLD! Everytime I turned on the lights I expected to see bugs, but I never did,,,thank GOD! Honestly we were afraid..didnt sleep well for 3 nights! , no ice on 1st floor so had to walk and get it from the office-however Melanie did advise of this problem as we were checking in. We didnt venture out after dark..scary looking people roaming around..We did end up laughing about all this because what else can you do! However I will not stay there ever again and I WILL spend more to feel safe.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank melissalay
I am very sorry to read that your stay was less than a perfect experience, I have resolved the issues that you mentioned and hope that you give me another opertunity to show that I know the meaning of good customer service.

Roger
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

This place is ideal for Baylor homecoming and other events. It is very safe, the rooms are comfortable, and it is a close distance to the school. Will definitely be staying here in the future!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

I moved from HI to Waco TX in October 2010 and have been staying at this hotel for 3 months because it was near my new job and I sold my vehicle in HI. It is a great location. Baylor University is across the highway within walking distance and downtown Waco is just a few blocks away. I love all the staff here and they are always available to assist you. The rooms are large and very clean with refrigerators and microwaves. I have always felt safe here which was important when moving to a new town. They have weekly and monthly rates. Staying here has given me the opportunity to learn about the town. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank kehea
abviwaco1053, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
I am so glad to hear that you felt safe during your stay, and want to thank you for posting such a great comment on behalf of our hotel. We hope that you visit us regularly, and we enjoyed having you as a guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I have been here for about 6 weeks and will be staying at least one more. The staff here has been excellent, especially the management. We have been staying in their upgraded apartment that has two rooms a HUGE kitchen and full living room. It is great for the family visiting who will need the space or for the family in my situation with a burned house or out of a place to live. The other rooms are great as well. The value is great in money and it is quiet at night. top it off with being right next to Cameron Park, and across the street from baylor and the bear trail, you wont find a better location to save big bucks. Food is also within walking distance in any direction. I would recomend the services here to anyone who asked. It is by far the best hotel we have stayed at in our situation. (plus you can keep your puppies or kitties for a small fee...they are priceless anyway.)

Thanks

Jarred W.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ineedurname
Wow Thank you very much for your great comments I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I also hope that you were able to find a new home, I understand how terrible it is to lose your home. If you find yourself in the area, please stop by and visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

My extended stay here has been very comfortable. The rooms are clean and the staff tends to my every need. I would highly recommend this place to anyone trying to find a room in this area. Judy, Roger and Debora thanks for making my stay here a pleasurable experience, keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Vincents411
Thank You very much for your kind words, we all enjoyed having you stay with us and can not wait to see you again.