We recently stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn South and loved our stay. The excellent tripadvisor reviews and the indoor pool helped us to choose this location over others. The great reviews were correct - this place is wonderful! Check-in was easy and efficient. The decor of the hotel and room were lovely and modern.
We had a king suite which was spacious and had a fold-out couch. During the morning and evenings, it was great to have a place to sit and relax, but not be right next to/bumping up against the bed. There was plenty of closet space for those that need to stay several days or even a week. We really liked having the kitchenette by the front door as it was tucked away from the bed area. The mini-refrigerator was a decent size, able to hold lots of beverages and even some leftovers without being stuffed. The free popcorn and the microwave was a nice bonus for our kids.
As far as bedding - this is perhaps one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on in years and years - if not ever. I had the best night of sleep I've had in quite a while.
The room includes a HUGE 42" plasma flat screen tv that can rotate on its stand to show at the bed area or all the way to the other side of the room to the sofa area. The small table and 2 chairs were nice to be able to do a little laptop work.
Downstairs you'll find the indoor pool and whirlpool/hottub. My kids really LOVED the pool and they said it was really warm, room temp or better. It wasn't a small pool either, more medium, which was nice as there wasn't the crowding that I've seen in some small indoor pools when multiple guests come into the pool at the same time.
For breakfast, they had a continental plus selection. The first morning, there were biscuits and gravy, southwest egg omeletes, sausage patties, and potatoes. The second morning, biscuits and gravy again, scrambled eggs, potatoes, and breakfast pizza with egg/cheese/bacon on a bagel. You could make waffles if you wanted of take advantage of the pastries, cereals, breads, juice, or coffees. Good selection for most people. I also liked that they had the local newspaper in addition to the USAToday as we could see the local sports for Baylor and happenings around town.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to return to this lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Waco hotel provides easy access to the Cameron Park Zoo, the Old Suspension Bridge over the Brazos River and Lake Waco. Baylor University and numerous Waco companies are just a short drive away.Make yourself at home in one of our 123 guest rooms and suites featuring king-sized or queen-sized beds, free internet, and complimentary breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Waco South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South Hotel Waco
- Hampton Inn Waco
- Waco Hampton Inn