“What a fantastic surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Victoria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“What a fantastic surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I don't stay at Holiday Inn Express too much. I prefer their Staybridge brand because I like having a kitchen. However I recently visited Victoria and couldn't find a suite hotel there, so based on TripAdvisor reviews, I stayed here. What a great decision!

This hotel appears to be very new. The room was good sized. The bathroom was very nicely laid out. I really liked the vanity in the bathroom.

But my number 1 reason for loving this hotel: Tempurpedic beds!! I've always wanted to try one of these, and now I finally had the chance. What a pleasure to sleep on! I wish more hotels had them.

The Internet connectivity was pretty fast here. I did not check out the pool or business center, but if they're as nice as the rooms, they'll be great!

Can't go wrong here!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

We usually stay at another hotel in Victoria while visiting relaives. But since Trip advisor rated the HI Express #1, we thought we would give it a shot. The room was fine, Breakfast was good but I had to finght to not have a penalty imposed. They came through in the end but it was less than pleasant. I tried to book through Trip advisor but couldn't get what I wanted so I called the hotel. It appears that the Trip advisor did go through (I did not get a confirmation number) and it seems that there was a huge penalty if you cancelled the reservation. We had booked 3 rooms (thanks to Alfred) and then our children decieded not to use those rooms so I cancelled many days in advance. Well apparently if you book online, there is a penalty. So beware of this. Since I didn't think I had booked online, I didn't think we should have a penalty. Everything turned out in the end so all good. As I said that the hotel is good. Very quiet....beds are good, etc.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Oconomowoc, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

This Holiday Inn Express was one of the nicest we have stayed in....and we agree with other responses....the beds were THE MOST COMFORTABLE ever! Pool looked nice, but we did not get to use it....(we wanted to go in the a.m but were told it didn't open until 10 a.m...so we had to pass.) Breakfast was same as other Express locations, but this one did not have those great little cinnamon rolls, which was a minor disappointment. Otherwise, they offered rolls, breads, omelets, biscuits/gravy/sausage, cereals, etc. The room was nice, clean and very quiet. Location was easy to find, and within driving distance of several nice restaurants and shopping. Came back later one evening and they had cookies out; another time we were offered a 'snack bag' of water and chips. Nice little touches.
They also had those great shower heads that you can set to get a great water massage, too! As a matter of fact, we stayed one night, and then went back a few nights later!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

This is a very nice hotel, some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast was great. All in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

What a surprise and lovely experience at this hotel. Came to town for a wedding. Our room, a king suite, was spacious, beautifully decorated, very very clean and so comfortable. The bed was heavenly. Flat screen TV was a bonus. The pool was small but very pleasant, front desk staff very helpful (they found us food delivery to our room at 9:45 on a Sunday night - a miracle! - after a 10 hour drive. Fitness and business centers small but excellent. Breakfast fresh. We just can't say enough about this hotel - bravo to the management and staff!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

we were on a road trip to south padre island, texas and stopped in victoria for the night. the hotel looked brand new. the room we had was clean. the bed was very comfortable. the best beds of our vacation. location is close to a lot of choices for dinner, mall, stores and gas. the front desk attendant Ken was very friendly upon check-in. a pleasure to deal with after a long day of driving. the morning hot breakfast was excellent. if we are ever in this area again we be staying at this holiday inn express.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

This is the best holiday inn express i have seen yet. The staff was so friendly and polite. They have tempurpedic mattresses which are very confortable. The breakfast was tasty too. I will definitly be bringing my family back!! keep up the great work =)

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Victoria? Share your experiences!