I stayed for two nights at the Holiday inn Express in Victoria while in town for business. I enjoyed my stay, but I have to say that if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel you'll need to stay somewhere other than Victoria. This little HIX was more expensive than the Intercontinental Buckhead in Atlanta! And, no - it didn't offer anything special. It still had the same pillows, same amenities, and same cinnamon rolls.
I did find it a little strange that in a hotel where I was told "We can charge this much because we stay at 100% capacity," that in spite of the guaranteed crowd there were only about eight tables in the breakfast area. There was plenty of room to add more without crowding the space. I found a table, but I witnessed several people struggling to find a place to sit. I can only imagine what it was like on a busy weekend morning.
One thing to note for future travelers. This hotel is off of a very busy road. Previous reviewers said to get to it from the side road but when I was there the side road was blocked off to through traffic because of the construction on the new hotel next door. I found it easier to go up the road and make a u-turn.
All in all, this was a solid, comfortable Holiday Inn Express. The staff were well-trained, the room was spotless, and the common areas were well-kept. My stay was quite pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victoria invites guests to experience the charm of South Texas. Ideally situated in the heart of one of the oldest cities in Texas, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Victoria offers you easy access to the Victoria Regional Airport, the University of Houston-Victoria and Victoria College. Within four miles of our friendly South Texas Crossroads accommodations, travelers can enjoy an afternoon visiting the Riverside Park and Zoo, shopping at Victoria Mall or boating at Coleto Creek Lake. The nearby historic district of Victoria offers a variety of shops, restaurants and businesses, which are a short distance from our Victoria, Texas hotel. Business travelers can appreciate that Dow Chemical, BP, Equistar, Tyco Plastics and Invista-Dupont are in close proximity to our convenient Victoria hotel. DeTar Hospital, Citizens Hospital and Victoria College are close to us. Located just four miles away, the esteemed Colony Creek Golf Course is a great place to spend an afternoon with co-workers. During your say, we hope you will enjoy our Victoria hotel's excellent amenities. With a modern approach to comfort, the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast and free high-speed Internet access, as well as an outdoor pool and spa, a 24-hour business center, a fitness center and an on-site laundry services. Whether you plan to visit for business or pleasure, be sure to explore our Victoria, Texas hotel's exceptional rates and book your rooms today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Victoria
- Victoria Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Victoria