“A very nice stay, but be prepared for the bill!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Victoria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“A very nice stay, but be prepared for the bill!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed for two nights at the Holiday inn Express in Victoria while in town for business. I enjoyed my stay, but I have to say that if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel you'll need to stay somewhere other than Victoria. This little HIX was more expensive than the Intercontinental Buckhead in Atlanta! And, no - it didn't offer anything special. It still had the same pillows, same amenities, and same cinnamon rolls.

I did find it a little strange that in a hotel where I was told "We can charge this much because we stay at 100% capacity," that in spite of the guaranteed crowd there were only about eight tables in the breakfast area. There was plenty of room to add more without crowding the space. I found a table, but I witnessed several people struggling to find a place to sit. I can only imagine what it was like on a busy weekend morning.

One thing to note for future travelers. This hotel is off of a very busy road. Previous reviewers said to get to it from the side road but when I was there the side road was blocked off to through traffic because of the construction on the new hotel next door. I found it easier to go up the road and make a u-turn.

All in all, this was a solid, comfortable Holiday Inn Express. The staff were well-trained, the room was spotless, and the common areas were well-kept. My stay was quite pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for a friend's wedding a few weekends ago and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. IMy advice would be to ask for a room on the 3rd (top) floor because the people above us were stomping around until after midnight one night. It's not the quietest place in general so bring your ear plugs. But we'd stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

It's still easy to see why it gets high marks. The entire facility is bright and spacious, from the lobby to the hallways to the rooms... even the bathrooms. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed with comfortable beds, and the bathrooms are large enough that you can move around freely. They serve a good breakfast with daily variety.

I don't think any room has a good view... vacant lots, old buildings, new construction. And if you're traveling south, you have to make a left across a very busy street at an uncontrolled inersection to get to the hotel. (Take the back way.) But it's still a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you're coming down Navarro (77) from the north, turn east on the Zac Lentz (463) service road...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Love the TempurPedic beds! Super comfortable! Almost didn't get up in time to have their yummy breakfast. Staff is very friendly. I also liked the fact that they listened to my special requests and honored them. Pool is sparkling clean.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool. You won't be able to stay away from the pool, though!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night while we were in town visiting family. Overall we had a good stay. The room was very clean and quite. The beds are tempurpedic and sleep really well. The front desk guy was nice during check in and check out. They serve a hot breakfast which is nice because a lot of places only serve cold items for their free continental breakfast. I had eggs, biscuits, gravy and a cinnamon roll. All were good. Overall a good stay with no complaints.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Arrived at appox. 15 minutes after check-in. Didn't have to wait long and received information on room. We went up to room - 2 queen suite - smaller than expected and a/c wasn't the best but overall decent. Small refrigerator, good size bathroom, temperpedic mattresses on beds. No sheets for the pull-out which was used! Pillows are smaller than standard size on the + side - engraved with SOFT, MEDIUM, FIRM. Wi-fi worked well. Continental breakfast next day - eggs too salty and unfortunately, pankcake/waffle maker didn't work. Check-out was a breeze, no over-charges or anything! I would stay again or might try another place. Port-a-crib was questionable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Victoria, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Karen G,

Thank you for staying with us, and providing feedback.

I'm sorry there were some issues with your room and the breakfast facilities, but pleased you enjoyed your overall time with us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Trinidad, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I had two stays in two consecutive weeks at this hotel in October '11. The room was just fine, very clean, comfortable bed. Wi-fi and TV worked well, bathroom amenities standard. Desk help varied. I had an oxygen unit delivered to the hotel, but when I arrived my first week, the clerk had no idea what I was asking for. After looking around, he found it in a storage closet. The following week the clerk actually reminded me that I had a unit waiting for me. The morning breakfast buffet was not the best I've had. they had little omelettes every 2-3 days, and they were really terrible. But there was plenty of other fare to select and it was pretty standard -- cold cereal, fruit, toast, pastries, etc, etc... The elevator in this hotel is painfully slow. The second week I actually used the stairway, as it was closer to my room and I could be out the side door of the hotel before the elevator could have been summoned to my 3rd floor room. The hotel is in a poor location, on a side street of the main Navarette St. It was a little difficult to find the first time (arrived after dark), and after that the heavy traffic on Navarette makes it difficult to make the left turn onto Huvar St where the hotel is located. But their are plenty of restaurants, shopping centers, a mall in the near vicinity of the hotel.
I thought the hotel was overpriced, but there is a shortage of decent lodging in Victoria, and they are competitive with similar quality hotels. Thank goodness for expense accounts...

Overall my stays were comfortable, I found good breakfast restaurants nearby (IHOP, Denny's), and I learned to get around OK. Next trip I'll probably try a different hotel that's a little easier to access, but I'd stay at the Holiday Inn Express again if I needed to.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Victoria? Share your experiences!