“Okay motorway stop” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lone Star Inn & Suites

You added Lone Star Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Lone Star Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1907 US Hwy 59 N, Victoria, TX 77905 (Formerly Corder Family Inns)   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Victoria
Chicago, Illinois
“Okay motorway stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I have stoped there for a short sleep on my way to south Texas.

The outside of this motel looked nice and pretty new. Negotiate your room rate, it went from 89$ to 70$.

The room was adequate. Bedding was clean and okay. The rest of the room was so so.. Don't look behind the night stands or under the bed as it has not been hoovered for a long while. Good TV channels selection. McDonalds and big convenience store right next door. Very convenient access from the motorway.

Free wifi connection that worked okay.

"Hot Breakfast" is included with the room but it is absolutely disgusting. Pre cooked scrambled egg with some unidentifiable meet. Toasts and bagels were okay. Coffee absolutely terrible.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Lonestarinnvictoria, Webmaster at Lone Star Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Lone Star Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the access from the motorway was very convenient for you.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Lone Star Inn & Suites. We take our reviews seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mobile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I never would have stayed here if not for the fact that we could not get hotel reservations for three consecutive nights ANYWHERE in Victoria when calling a week in advance. Victoria is my home town and I have been going back to visit for many years. Therefore, I was puzzled by the high occupancy rate. I learned that this is due to construction of a large Caterpillar plant and shale gas drilling. So one night was booked at one hotel and two night at Lone Star Inn. The receptionist was very professional, efficient and friendly. When we walked up to our room, there were all these beautiful hybrid tea roses in front, which are difficult to grow in the heat and humidity of coastal Texas. The room was clean and spacious. There was a mini-frig and a microwave; also the room had a writing table and eating table, besides a good selection of channels on cable TV. And every thing worked and looked good, so we were happy, especially since the rate (about $90) was on the lower end of all twenty hotels I checked out. The only negative is Lone Star Inn is not centrally located. It is on the loop to the East of the city. This made only about a 7 minute extra drive for us because my family lives in East Victoria.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

This is not a very good motel. It is too far from any good eating places and the check in person was surly(I hate that after a long day of driving.)

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
LoneStarVictoriaTX, Manager at Lone Star Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
We have restaurant information at the front desk as well as city maps for the guests, we are minutes away from casual dining establishments as well as fast food establishments.
Norfolk, Ne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed even after reading the bad reviews.
1) The walls in the bathroom were not clean - stains of something ran down the wall were beside the toilet, shower, and behind the door.
2) The tub had a used bar of soap with the last guest's hair stuck to it, and the tub looked like it had not been washed out or wiped down.
3) The bed linens had stains on them and the pillows were the thinest pillows I have ever seen.
4) The room did have an iron, but the ironing board was minature, about 3' off the floor.
5) The internet DID NOT WORK - wireless or wired - The password would not work. The desk said they had been having problems and needed to get the internet people out.
6) Parking lot is "tight" unless you have a compact car.
7) The walls seem pretty thin. We could hear the guy next door coughing up spitum all night.
8) This place is pretty much for construction workers, not familys.
9) The owners are adding a new addition that has kitchenettes - which means MORE construction workers.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Lonestarinnvictoria, Webmaster at Lone Star Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2011

Thank you for choosing Lone Star Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps was taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Management was approached about finding a way to best take advantage of the area available for parking in order to get the best use of it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Lone Star Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Sterlington, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

I needed a place to crash for the night and this property worked just fine. Its not the ritz but it was clean and everything worked including the internet. The breakfast was good.

Location is away from town but a convience store and Micky D's is next door.

I would not want to stay here very long but for the night it was just fine.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Lone Star Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, I’ll pass the complement along to our breakfast staff members, I know they’ll be pleased.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Lone Star Inn & Suites. I think you will be very pleased.

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

I checked in at June 20th and came out today on June 22nd. Payed with Expedia.com First off, the location is easy to find, however the parking lot is too small and your all bundled up against other vehicles. I've learned alot from hotels is that don't get a hotel that has rooms on the outside. You want rooms within the building itself so it'll be more quiet that way.

People were loud, some sat outside the room. Why I don't know when people should stay inside the room itself. Seems to me that people don't use what they pay for. People look at you from above like an owl why I don't know. The walls are too thin and the AC is always too cold and making a clicking noise every 30 seconds.

The bathroom is always cold regardless. Not enough towels to start off with as well. I ran out and the front desk wanted to me retrieve them. Why couldn't they just bring me towels to my room instead? My card key didn't work so I had to get another one. Another time it didn't work again and an janitor had to use his own card to get myself inside the hotel!! The front desk woman told me that the card won't work with cell phones near by.

I booked a king size bed and guess what? They lied. It's really two mattresses together on the bottom with on bigger mattress above the two smaller mattresses making it look like a king size bed. Don't be deceived! Another thing is that they have a pest problem. I found a spider on the wall which looked poisonous so I killed it. We had flies and ants which bit my girlfriend.

And no door leading to the sink. Which I dislike. Of course there's a door to the bathroom but not to the sink. My advice to you all is to avoid this hotel by any means necessary. Go to the ones on Navarro street instead. At least there're more comfortable. I will never come here again, that's for sure! How is this hotel rated 2 and a half stars is overrated. More like a half a star hotel. I guarantee, you will regret it.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for choosing Lone Star Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The management staff received extra training regarding their responsibility to courteously remind our valued guests to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

2) The management received extra training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests. They were also helped to find a method in which to improve the use of the card keys.

3) The housekeeping staff received extra training in the amount of towels and other supplies with which to equip the rooms.

4) Maintenance was notified of the insects which you found in the room assigned to you and instructed to eliminate them. They were also instructed to see to it that the air conditioner in that room is made to work properly.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

I checked in and connected my laptop to their high speed ethernet connection. I could not connect. I called the front desk. The clerk called back & said that she checked the connection and that it was good. I asked if I could try connecting in another room. She gave me the key to the room next door. First try, bingo, connection. So I moved all my stuff to the new room. The A/C was working well, keeping the room extremely cool, but it was making a loud clicking noise... over & over, all night long.The next morning I went to the front desk and explained. The day clerk said he would have it looked at. I came back to my room in the afternoon & the noise still was there. I went to the office and told yet another desk clerk who came to my room, observed the noise, and said he'd be right back. After about 20 minutes I went back to work. When I got back around 6 PM, the noise was still there. I was so tired, I laid down and took a nap. In about a half an hour a maintenance guy knocked on my door. He came in & looked at the A/C unit. He sadi that the solid state controls card was bad and he didn't have another. A while later the front desk called and offered a $5 discount for my inconvenience. Five Dollars! I work in this area but I will NOT be back to the Corder Family Inn. Enough is enough.

Stayed June 2006

Thank you for choosing Lone Star Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

1) Management was consulted about some sort of discount, such as a discount for another stay that could be given when a guest experiences some sort of serious inconvenience.

2) Maintenance was instructed to see to it that both the internet connection and the A/C in the room assigned to you are repaired.

Been to Lone Star Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!