“Nice Rooms and nice price....for the Victoria area” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Victoria
corpus christi
“Nice Rooms and nice price....for the Victoria area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I came into town to visit my friends family right before Christmas. After shopping aroung for a hotel for the night, I found a nice gentleman (Jared) who was able to get me into his hotel fro a price that I thought was very fair. Most of the hotels in the area were just under $200.00 per night for the stay. Jared was able to get me into his hotel at his AAA rate for my stay. He was very knowledgable on the hotel and its ammenaties and whle i was checking in, he asked me if i wanted a beer or some wine!!!! To my surprise, he notified me that Best Western is the only hotel that offers its guest a happy hour , where you can get a couple of beers or wine, or sodas. They evn have fresh-popped popcorn and snacks availible for their guests in the lobby. He was also intrested in finding out what type of hotels that I ypicly stay at when i travel and insisted that i sign up for their rewards program. I did, and he welcomed me with a rewards member goodie bag that included water and some cookies. All for free! And what a nice sleep i had.... Nice bed, clean room, and they have a really nice breakfast with around 40 different items. Only thing i wish i could have done is get into the hot tub, but if was too windy and chilly outside for that. Hats off to Best Western in Victoria. I will be back!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Thought I was staying at one of the better hotels in town for the price. Room had a bad smell. Was told about a complimentary happy hour but when we ask for a glass of wine, front desk person was too busy to serve us. You would think for $180 you would get better value and service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Normally my trips to Victoria include me staying at the Hampton across the road for some reason my companies travel booked me at the Best Western. It was only 1 night and very enjoyable from beginning to end. It started with accommodating an early check in due to business to a very friendly staff including the housekeepers. I would definitely come back and stay when visiting Victoria.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were moving from one home to another and needed 3 days at a hotel to have time for the transition. We were very comfortable at the Best Western Plus. The bed was comfortable. The first day, I wanted nothing but rest. The Housekeeping staff were very respectful of not knocking or forcing their timing on getting into the room. They do offer breakfast. We had no problems with room being clean. They had free wifi for us to use. Not a Hilton, but no complaints about our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Medicine Hat, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We've stayed here several years ago and the hotel was top notch. We found on this trip that the hotel maintenance was slipping. We had two phones in our room, neither of which worked. Manager was very helpful and moved us to a suite. Unfortunately, the desk phone in the suite didn't work either. The ceiling above the desk was covered with cob webs. The rooms did not reflect the normal cleanliness one expects in a Best Wester Plus hotel. The desk clerk and the manager were very helpful. Excellent continental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Normally stay at Hampton Inns but were sold out. The Best Western was adequate. The rooms had a musty smell and lacking in cleanliness. The breakfast was good and really liked the coffee maker. Not a good value.

• Stayed May 2012
Victoria, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My wife recently had surgery and we had to stay a week at this hotel. When I made my reservation the receptionist told me the price was $101.00 a night. When I checked out the following week they charged me 153.00 a night. This motel know's oilfield workers are in their area and making huge profits off of them. I waited 3 day's for the manager to call me and discuss this issue, finally I drove back and manager stayed in office and wouldn't even l get out to look me in the eyes. Pretty sorry management. The room's was'nt the best I stayed in, and for that much money I would have stayed at a better motel. This is typical price gouging motel due to the oilfield workers. Wonder what their rates where before we got there. Never again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.