“very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Victoria/North/Mall Area

You added Super 8 Victoria/North/Mall Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Victoria/North/Mall Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8001 Zac Lentz Parkway (Loop 463), US 77 & Zac Lentz Pkwy, Victoria, TX 77904   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Victoria
VICTORIA
“very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

we were pleased with our one night stay. Location was ideal. Desk staff was friendly and informative.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Pete P, General Manager at Super 8 Victoria/North/Mall Area, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for your warm comments. We're glad you had a pleasant stay with us; yes, we strive to ensure we're constantly serving our guests during their entire stay. Again, thanks for your feedback - we look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Having to find a hotel after 5 p.m. one working day, I went to the web and found a Super 8 in Victoria, Texas. The website said $77, but it was late, and I just called the hotel. I secured a reservation and arrived there around 8 p.m. The clerk was friendly and was helping two people at once. She took and returned my credit card, handed me my room card, and then said "second" floor. I asked for the elevators, having baggage, and she said there was not an elevator. I pulled my way to a neat, clean, austere room. I had not problem with the room. In the morning, checking out I was given a bill for $179 plus tax. I complained about the price in a nice way to what turned out to be a rude, dismissive woman. She did not even attempt to discuss the price with me. As I questioned, the louder and angrier she became. I will never return there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Super 8 Victoria/North/Mall Area, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your response. I have recently taken over this hotel, and as such, want to ensure we are responsive to our guest's feedback - going forward, we will be prompt in our responses to our guests.

The rate that you paid was a walk in (due to no reservation being made). The hotels in this area happened to be at full occupancy the day you arrived. Correct, we would've honored the reservation rate (as you've identified) had a reservation been made.

We're glad you enjoyed the room, and hope to see you again the next time you've in the Victoria area.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

They charged my debit card an additional $1880.32 on top of the one night's stay. According to my bank, the transaction happened 6 hours after I checked out. I spent half a day on the phone with my bank and the motel to clear things up with my bank. Although they credited by debit account $1880.32, I asked for a full refund and they rudely denied my request. A manager never answered my phone calls, nor returned my e-mail, and I was never given a reason for the unauthorized charge. I am considering filing a police report at this point. Because I am not convinced that the unauthorized charges were not malicious and intentional theft. The motel is in terrible condition and clearly not worth $129 for a double. The breakfast is horrible, and they actually charged me $2 for a toothbrush. Completely dissatisfied.

Room Tip: Please Do Not Stay at this Motel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

The amount being referred to is purely an authorization prescribed by card holder's bank. Yes, the charge you've identified at the bottom of the paragraph is accurate; at that time, the rate was competitive for this market. Also, since your stay, we have remodeling our lobby and rooms, and will continue to make further property improvements.

Again, apologies on the delayed response; we hope you will give us another chance the next time you've in the Victoria area.
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

After reading negative reviews of other hotels in Victoria, Texas, Decided to try Super 8 (near the mall not the one on Hwy 59 North) and the experience was wonderful. The room was large and very clean. The staff was very helpful in giving local information on shopping and restaurants. The continental breakfast included breakfast tacos! And the price is great. It is also well located near the mall and other shopping areas. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Yes, we seek to provide a clean and comfortable stay with great value.

Again, apologies on the delayed response; we look forward to your next stay with us the next time you're in the Victoria area.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

Looked and felt like a new hotel. Beds were fine. About the best I can say for this stay. The problem we faced was an plugged toilet. Man came in with a plunger to get the toilet fixed and threw down a few towels to soak up the overflow. No offer was made to allow us to change rooms. No further cleaning was offered. We had to asked for some disinfectant and ended up cleaning the bathroom floor ourselves.

• Stayed February 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

We always seek to be responsive and resolution based when matters arise. In conjunction, since your stay, we have made significant lobby and room improvements.

Again, apologies on the delayed response; we hope you will give us another chance the next time you're in the Victoria area.
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

After reading some negative reviews of other hotels in Victoria, Texas, I decided to try Super 8 (near the mall not the one on Hwy 59 North) and the experience was wonderful. The room was large, new and very clean. The staff was very helpful in giving local information on shopping and restaurants. The continental breakfast included breakfast tacos! And the price was around $60 for the 3 of us! It is also well located near the mall and other shopping areas. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2005

We are grateful for your generous comments. We continue to build on what you experienced always considering that value that we seek to provide our guests.

Again, apologies on the delayed response; we are looking forward to your next stay with us the next time you're in the Victoria area.

Been to Super 8 Victoria/North/Mall Area? Share your experiences!