“Hasn't Failed Me Yet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 167 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Hasn't Failed Me Yet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I enjoy Jason's Deli in Victoria...I have now since I first moved to the area 5 years ago. Their wrapinis are delicious. The food is fresh. The salad bar has "almost" everything on it - with red pepper hummus and feta cheese, it is nearly perfect. The past few visits, the chocolate mousse on the bar has been runny and on my most recent visit, it was runny and almost empty and the employee didn't have any made and told us it would take approx 10 minutes to make more. Also, the olive oil bottle has been empty on 3 of the more recent visits however my past visit redeemed my belief that the empty olive oil was perpetual. They had a brand new bottle out! Employees have been marginal, especially the cashiers. The prep staff have been excellent and very attentive, as have the staff who bring our food. For the pricing of the food, I would work on staff training but this could simply be a regional issue versus a restaurant issue. The food, however, is very good...and that is why I come to Jason's Deli.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“Well Average is about all I can say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

The salad bar was little to talk about but the soup was good. this is nothing but a lunch place but the place could use a good cleaning and its staff SHOULD NOT WEAR APRONS IN THE JOHN AND RETURN TO WORK!!!!

Visited January 2012
Trinidad, Colorado
“Great lunch, popular spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Plenty of variety - we had carnivores and vegans in our group and we could all agree on Jason's Deli when discussing lunch options. Prices reasonable, and the food was good.

Visited October 2011
“Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Good food, good service. Love the soups and the chicken salad is awesome.

Visited November 2011
Victoria, Texas
“Great restaurant I grew up with in Beaumont, TX”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I love Jason's Deli, having grown up in the town of it's birth! This particular location does not hold a candle to the original in Beaumont, TX, but does fulfill my hankering for deli food.

The service here is a bit on the slow side and management is far from exceptional. Anyone who complains about Jason's needs to visit the original location!

I have found that service in Victoria comes slower and with far less enthusiasm. People here live in a bubble, separate from the outside world. If you eat here or anywhere else in Victoria; just lower your expectations!

• Visited June 2011