“Good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been eating the BBQ here for nearly 20 years. It is very good, if not great. The sides are generally tasty and the establishment is clean. I have used them for catering and they are always attentive and provide good value. In Victoria, this is an upright place to get your BBQ fix.

Visited June 2012

60% Recommend
Austin, Texas
“One of the better places to eat in Victoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I ate here several times during my 6 weeks in Victoria and never had a problem with the staff or the food. The brisket was great, sausage was great, ribs are great and sides are great. Staff was always hello and yes sir to me. Even ask if i wanted the channel changed on the TV if i was the only one in the dining room. I didn't think there price per lb was more out of line than anything around me in Austin or San Antonio. Plus beef prices are outrageous right now anyways. Plus everyone is price gouging in Victoria because of the oil and gas presence in the area.

Give them a try i think you'll enjoy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Lavaca, TX
“Best BBQ in Victoria”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Above average Texas BBQ, and the best available in Victoria. The brisket and pork ribs are very good. Outstanding selection of side orders and dessert cobblers. Uncle Mutt's also does a great job of catering, if BBQ is what you want to serve.

Visited May 2012
Victoria, Texas
“great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Not only good BBQ. but has some of the best sides you will find in town. if you like your brisket very juicy and tender just ask for the moist end of the brisket.

Visited May 2012
Victoria, Texas
“horrible tourist trap - WATCH OUT for price gouging!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I went there once, grabbing a pound to go. I was charged full price for a pound of fat - we couldn't even eat it. On a business trip 3 weeks later, happened back in, a bit more caution was taken on my part. I informed the slicer that I had brisket only once before, and it was there, three weeks ago. I was not pleased with what I opened up from that togo order, telling her that we couldn't even eat the "brisket". She said that was too bad, and there is nothing she could do about that....

I asked about the cuts (three different types) and the prices, finishing my story that I was new to brisket, and that, like I said (before she interrupted me) I would like to learn about what type of brisket I should ask for. I saw a cut I wanted, watched a lady slice it and tell me that it's $10. 49 a pound. Then I get charged more, and for the second time I get MORE than a pound. I did not want more than a pound, and when I said something to the cashier and also asked about the price I was back talked to!

The attitudes here and the bait and switch mentality make me vow to never go back. The charged more for a (extra) lean cut of normal brisket, have a horrible attitude, and sell you more than you ask for. And the brisket was as good as corned beef from the grocery store.

• Visited April 2012