“Better than Expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Uvalde
Dallas
“Better than Expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

For this priced motel it could rate a 4 but for the uninformed a 3 is more informative. Although the rooms were small (it is a budget place to stay) it was clean, everything worked, staff friendly, but breakfast was the typical of a lower priced place to stay. We passed on it and opted for The Kettle next door whose food was OK. The pool looked OK but we did not try it. A buddy and I were on a motorcycle trip so all we really wanted was a place that was clean to sleep. This was better. This was my second trip through Uvalde. If one looked at the map a person would never expect much here as it appears in the middle of nowhere. Given that, the town is impressive with its services. The location is good for finding but behind the back part may appear a little "rough" but really OK. US 90 in front of this motel is very busy so be careful leaving. I'll stay there again even with my wife if in Uvalde again.

Room Tip: Just because a room is high price doesn't make it good. Some of the less expensive rooms are a g...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Noemi C, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Uvalde, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear about your experience with us, and hope to see you again soon!

Have a great day!

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We helped move our son and daughter-in-law to Uvalde, and stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. We did not plan to stay at a budget hotel after such a long drive from California, but there was some sort of oil boom and America's Best Value Inn was the only motel available.

It was as expected for a budget motel. Mostly clean, mostly comfortable. The only negative I can say is that on check out day, I had 3 calls "reminding" me what the check out time was ... starting at 7 a.m.! I kept assuring staff that I KNEW when check out was, I would DEFINITELY be there by 11 a.m. The last "reminder" was a knock on my door at 10 a.m. I found this slightly irritating at best. A reminder at 10:30 a.m. would be appropriate, however, you can assume, as management, that your guests can read and are adults - one reminder should be enough.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! First of all, I am so sorry for the inconvenience. We have since made the necessary changes to ensure this doesn't happen again. I hope you and your family will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Thanks again,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I made reservations 2 weeks prior for some family coming in from out of town. On the day of their arrival I went to pay for the room. The manager did not want to give me the key until my family actually arrived even though I had already paid for the room. She was extremely rude even though I wasn't. I got a refund and I will never stay there or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012
Noemi C, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Uvalde, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
First of all, thank you for your review! We are always looking for ways to improve and I appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. We are working towards making your stay with us as comfortable as possible, and hope to prove that if you choose to stay with us in the future.

Thanks again!

Cotulla, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We went to Uvalde for a family wedding and booked our room online; big mistake. I went by what I saw online and thought it didn't look too bad. Never again will I do that. Overall the room looked clean. We should have gone by our gut instinct when we saw the beds almost touching the floor. It felt like we were on the box spring only, very uncomfortable. Each bed only had two pillows, which wouldn't have bothered us if the pillow had fluff in them. We had to fold the pillows in half to feel it there. I was going to complain, but I checked online first and saw other hotels were full so I didn't bother. My sister and her family stayed at the Holiday Inn for almost the same price and their room was beautiful. :(

Room Tip: ask for a room with a comfortable bed
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. We have since replaced beds and TV's to make our rooms as comfortable as possible. I hope you will consider giving us another chance next time you are in Uvalde.

Thanks again!

Wichita Falls, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I paid for a single room, they gave me a room with two beds and asked me to only use one? Am I paying for a bed or a room? The first bed I turned over had huge stains on the sheets, was the last person also asked to only use one bed ? If that's the case then I should only be charged for half a room. This was not my first stay at this hotel and I expected to have better service. I am so disappointed and will not be staying there again. I am a frequent visitor to the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
rubenreyes, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Uvalde, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay I have taken steps to make sure that this never hapens again. I hope that you give us another opertunity to show you the true quality of customer service.

Central Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Nothing special. It's consistent. Clean and inexpensive.

• Stayed May 2010
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you soon.

Uvalde, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

I stayed here 2 nights. On the first night the clerk ask me how old I was. I am 33 and look like a teen so she said it was a compliment. I got offended a lil b/c I felt like what she was really implying was that I look to young to be getting a room. The toilet was broken and I had to keep putting my hand in the tank to flush it. I fixed it by the way. On the second night, we had family and friends coming in and out to visit including their children and we were asked to register the children, who werent going to stay with us by the way. Then they were calling our room everytime someone came in our door and said we needed to pay for another adult or get another room. They threatened to call the Uvalde Police Dept if we wernt out in 10 min or pay for another adult and we would not get a refund if we decided to leave. They also said they have a 11p visitor curfew time which isnt written anywhere on the Hotel Notice or the receipt. They said they can make up rules as they go. Needless to say our kids stayed at a friends and we ended up paying way to much for 3 adults to stay in a 2bed room for 1 night with another broken toilet on Labor Day weekend!! And for the topper "I am writing this review using their WIFI!! I will never stay here again and I vow to tell everyone about my experience!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay; I have talked to my staff regarding your concerns, and have placed new guidelines in place to make certain that this never happens again. I hope that you give us the opportunity again, and look forward to serving you.

Naomi

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Uvalde? Share your experiences!