“OMG” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Schertz, Texas
“OMG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

The best philly we've had ever!! Absolutely delicious. The smaller kids had the chicken strips which were moist and the crust yummy. My oldest son, husband and I each had the classic philly and it was fantastic. Plenty of meat, the bun was perfect. I would have liked more cheese but it was good. Ordered fries on the side and those were perfect. Just salty enough without being real greasy. We took our order to go so the sandwiches were wrapped in foil and stayed hot until I got them home. We'll be back...don't forget the wooden nickels...that alone is worth going again. How many places give you an incentive to come again? Completely worth stopping by if you want a great sandwich.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Antonio Texas
“Outstanding Philly Cheesesteaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We retired in UC roughly 10 yrs ago. We have seen many restaurants come and go. We've become gunshy of trying a new place until they have been open about three months. My husband will crawl on his knees to experience the kind of sandwiches he has had in PA on business trips over the years. He decided he wanted to give them a try. He was in serous crush after the first time. By the third time he was in love :) The onions and peppers are always perfect. Never dripping tons of flavorless grease like some places. The large is way, way too much sandwich for me. 1/2 is more than enough. This place is busy, busy busy during the week at lunchtime. We try to stick to the evenings to avoid lots of hungry guys trying to scarf and get back to work. The service is always excellent. Tables and floors are immaculate. My Granddaughter thinks their hot dogs are better even than ZDT's.. LOL from a 9 yr old that's big stuff. Have been many times and will return many more. My husband hoards his wooden nickels and loves the generous deal when he cashes in. A sandwich, drink and fries.

• Visited April 2012
SAN ANTONIO
“Real Philly in Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My wife and I are from Penna now living in San Antonio Texas and heard about this place and we stopped. The owners are from Philadelphia and they know how to make a cheese steak. we have been there a few time and this time my wife had a chicken and cheese and I had the cheese steak of course. They also sell Tastykake's. The only negative is that the owner is a Phillies fan and us Brave's fans are not excited about that.
The food is great and his rolls come from Philadelphia and this makes the sandwich's taste like home.

• Visited February 2012
Converse, Texas
“Surprisingly Good Sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I was driving through Universal City, Texas and saw the sign for Youz Guyz sandwich shop. It is not unusual to see sandwich shops outside of Philly claiming to make the 'real' thing. I wanted to get something different for my family for dinner so we stopped in. There were only a couple of people there which didn't make me feel like this would be anything more than an average sandwich. The Philly was great (I had them add some sweet and hot Italian red peppers to the sandwiches. I also ordered some of their 100% all-beef hot dogs for the kids with grilled bell peppers and onions.

The food is great quality and the price reasonable. Don't miss this place it's the real deal. Don't forget your wooden nickel!

• Visited January 2012