“First time in Texas” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Stirling
“First time in Texas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while visiting friends in Tyler. We spent 2 days at the start of the week and one day at the end in this hotel I had read a lot of comments about the renovations which would be taking place. Apart from the canopy over the front entrance being improved, I didn't see much activity and certainly no disruption to our stay. However, I would say that the room we stayed in at the start of the week could do with a new door as there was a big gap between it and the door frame. As a priority club member, we were given a room on the 8th floor with access to the Club Lounge, although we did not use it.
The front desk staff were very friendly and the buffet breakfast was very good as was the servers.
When we returned at the end of the week, we were upgraded to a suite, again on the 8th floor, and we found this very comfortable.
When we return to Tyler, we will definitely stay at this hotel as it is very convenient for restaurants and shops.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I was excited to see that your first time in Texas was a pleasant one staying at our hotel. I was also glad to see that you were not inconvenienced by the renovations going on. It is not always easy to keep the work that is going on away from the guests view and comfort. You did mention the doors and yes they are on the plans to get all new doors on our guest rooms. Thank you for your kind words on our staff and food quality. We may not be the "newest" hotel in town but our food quality and customer service certainly makes up for the new and shiny aspects Come back and see us soon. You know the phrase "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could"

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This Holiday Inn was disappointing. We were stuck in a far corner of the building (240's) where the halls smelled moldy & nauseating. There was no ice machine on the 2nd. floor. The elevators were only the south end of bldg. & we were on the far north end--a long way for 2 in their 60's to be carrying luggage & clothes on hangers. The shower in the next room sounded exactly like a jet aircraft taking off. So it was difficult to sleep-- let alone read or rest or listen to the TV. The desk clerks & the housekeeping staff were very friendly & polite.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for your reveiw on Trip Advisor. I apologize that you were unhappy with the location of your room. We would of been happy to move you to a closer location near the lobby. I appreciate the fact that you recognized our staff. They are very dedicated to their job of making our guests feel welcome. We are currently renovation our hotel and have yet to get to some of the concerns you mentioned. Please come back and see us when we are completed. Just ask for a room in the tower upon your return.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here for one night while on the road to Austin,TX. Hotel is clean, rooms are a decent breakfast was an additional charge but it was worth it with a fresh omelet station and servers.i normally stay at the Hampton inn when on the road and I wish I hadn't veered off and at the Holiday Inn, they just don't compare.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Since our Holiday Inn is a full service, we do not have the complimentary breakfast as in the Hamptons and Holiday Inn Expresses. I was glad to see that you did enjoy our Chef Prepared breakfast and hope you try us again when in Tyler.
Edwardsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was recently in Tyler for what I expected to be a one day trip - my flight back to Dallas was cancelled at the last minute, no rental cars were available, and there were no flights until the next day. The airline set me up at the Holiday Inn Express but I had no clothes, hadn't eaten since lunch and was beyond stressed about being stranded. When I arrived at the hotel late that night, the staff wasn't able to find the reservation the airline had made for me and of course, the Tyler airport was already closed. At this point I was so exhausted and frustrated I was almost in tears. From there, the staff jumped into action - Geo at the front desk treated me like I was his best friend who had a bad day and just needed some friends to help. He called his manager to get approval to give me the room, called the Hotel Restaurant to make sure they stayed open a few minutes later so I could get some food.... Terry from the restaurant personally brought my food to my room and Geo even called a few minutes later just to make sure I had everything I needed. The shuttle driver offered to take me to Target so I could get some clothes.... everyone was trying to help. Nothing that had happened to me that day had been their fault but they went over and beyond to try and do what they could to make things better. Seriously the best experience I have ever had at a hotel and cannot say how much I appreciate their acts of kindness!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Rhonda for your kind words both on Trip Advisor and on the phone. Our staff was so excited to hear how much you appreicated the efforts they make to insure our guests are well taken care of upon their arrival. I hope you get back to Tyler soon in your travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Holiday Inn on south broadway was a great place to stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Even with the recent remodeling the rooms were very clean. Great location with plenty to do in the area. I would definitely be staying again and would encourage otgers to stay there as well.

• Stayed August 2013
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel. We are in middle of a complete renovation and are anxious to see the end result. I hope you come back and see us soon and also the new look.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was perfert. The front desk, Stephanie Eudy and Jennifer Heitz, greeted us from the beginning and made my family feel at home. We asked for local attractions and they printed up a list of ideas and directions. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfast bufffet was really messy so we didnt eat there, but all in all...great trip!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding out staff. Stephanie and Jennifer are a great asset to our hotel and I will pass along your comments to them. Please come back and see us agian soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business and I have to say the people that work here make it worth the stay. From the minute you walk in the door there is someone to great you. The staff is so friendly and helpful. They have recently remodeled all the rooms and they are very nice. I had great internet in my room, the lobby and the restaurant. I really enjoy the breakfast buffet in the morning, it is well worth the money. This time I arrived late at night and was hungry. The gal at the desk showed me the little snack area and I was able to find several things to cure my hunger pangs. I will always stay here because this hotel knows great service and shows it every time I stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and clean, and have good internet.