I've stayed at this hotel a few times over the past 3-4 years and always felt it was a good option for the money and location. However, this past trip it was moving beyond shabby into the ick factor. My room, which was not very up to date, also had a faintly unpleasant smell--not quite sour or mildewy but almost. The tub tap leaked, and the shower head was inadequate.
On the plus side, the bed was comfortable, the room was nicely dark and the A/C was very good, almost too good. I set it on 78 degrees F and slept a little too cool.
The staff was, as it has always been when I've stayed there, very welcoming.
I was on one of the two concierge floors and had a complimentary breakfast in the concierge lounge the next morning which included scrambled eggs and bacon. That was a nice perk.
I was using points for this stay, and from now on this hotel will probably be on my "only if I can't afford someplace newer" list.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway Hotel Tyler
- Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway Hotel
- Holiday Inn Tyler
- Holiday Inn Select Tyler
- Tyler Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn South Broadway is Tyler's largest full service hotel and is the business traveler's first choice when choosing a hotel in Tyler. Winner of a "Best of 2009" award by Texas Meetings + Events Magazine, it is easy to see why we are the meeting planners first choice as well. Families love us because kids eat and stay free in our hotel! Pets are welcome too! Check out our Holiday Inn hospitality soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.