“Excellent for price” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 32 hotels in Tyler
“Excellent for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Friendly staff and overall clean. Didn't have any problems with my room. Only complication was the service and wait time at the front desk. I ended up being double charged for my room. Once this was adjusted it was a great stay both nights.

• Stayed March 2013
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I was happy to hear that the billing issue was resolved quickly. We appreciate our guests and hope you stay again when you are in the area.

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Branson West, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

When we arrived there was a very large grouphecking in. The front desk personnel handled our check-in without missing a beat. It was fast and efficient and we were in our room in no time. The hotel is well maintained and spotless. The rooms are well appointed and the linens and mattresses excellent. The shower was also excellent. The internet worked perfectly and was adequate for all my online tasks. Joyce, who runs the Hospitality Room was outstanding and the hotel is lucky to have such a wonderful person working in their intrest. The cable TV has the better busness and news channels. This is a very nice hotel and I would recommend your stay when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for recognizing our hotel and staff members. We are happy to know that our efforts are paying off and our guests are happy when they stay with us. We are undergoing a multimillion dollar renovation and are anxious to get to the completion date. I was happy to see you enjoyed the sleeping rooms that have just been renovated. Come back and see us again when you are in our area.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Have reading the reviews, I was really excited. But wow was I surprised at how much of a let down this place was, especially for a Platinum Elite Member.

Pros:
Good Value
Close to major resteraunts and mall
Nice staff

Cons:
Room was DISGUESTING. Stains on floor, trash on bathroom floor, spiders out of ac unit
Staff was friendly but was a mess checking in and out. Was put on club level but was told at check in that I had been taken out of room because of a mishap and out in a disgusting room. During check out, was told that I was being charged for 20 rooms for a conference I wasn't in town for! 20 rooms?! Seriously?! I am traveling by myself. Totally unprofessional.

I am dissapoibted to say I will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your comnents regarding your stay with us. I want to apologize for the miscommunication upon check in. As a PC member the free upgrade is upon availability only and unfortunately we were not able to accomdate due to high occupancy. I have looked over your history from time of arrival to check out and was unable to understand how you were mistaken for being with a group. I would like to discuss this with you further if you wish to do so. Again, thank you for your comments.
Longview, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

They try hard here but the older building and decor holds this property back. The rooms are clean but small. The bathrooms are clean but tiny.
I do appreciate that the front desk staff recognized my Priority Club status as well as giving me an extended late check out time. Thanks!

Room Tip: If you eat breakfast here let the chef cook your eggs, don't get the pre-cooked scrambled.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear tomthbomb,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club Gold member and for leaving us a feedback. Please allow us to apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of our property and the room accommodations you had. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The room was very over priced , the lounge was closed !! When called and checked I'm asked about dinner and drink were told It closed at 9 . Was not opened. Room was at best a 79 a night room . Bed were old and hard ! Not a holiday inn room !!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Aaron2219,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very welcoming staff . In a very clean Lobby. There was a luggage cart as you walked in the door . The parking lot was full because of the car club did have a little trouble parking I had a trailer with me but parked the trailer on the grass hooked to the truck with the truck in the parking spot (no one had anything to say about it) I did not want to take away from car show. There was security walking every where.

Room Tip: We add 2 rooms and we found both of them to be very clean nice size flat screen televisions and very...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

From experiencing a LOT of hotels over the years—and writing a lot of reviews on them—I’ve come to realize that most of us have our own expectations upon arrival. I try to limit my expectations—and simply allow the experience to speak for itself. Here it is:
Facility: large, obviously well-kept, and clearly almost finished with entire make-over; lots of parking, plus pool; good restaurant.
Price: VERY reasonable.
Rooms [we used two “king” rooms]: very clean, well-appointed, roomy, quiet, and with all the amenities, including excellent beds and large TV.
Staff: very helpful from start to finish [special thanks to Jennifer].
Wi-Fi: fast and consistent.
Area: in the center of about anything we’d want or need [endless stores and restaurants, theaters, gas stations, fun stuff, attractions, etc.].
Overall: I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending it to friends and family…or returning there myself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway? Share your experiences!