“Huge Dissapointment” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Dallas, Texas
“Huge Dissapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Have reading the reviews, I was really excited. But wow was I surprised at how much of a let down this place was, especially for a Platinum Elite Member.

Pros:
Good Value
Close to major resteraunts and mall
Nice staff

Cons:
Room was DISGUESTING. Stains on floor, trash on bathroom floor, spiders out of ac unit
Staff was friendly but was a mess checking in and out. Was put on club level but was told at check in that I had been taken out of room because of a mishap and out in a disgusting room. During check out, was told that I was being charged for 20 rooms for a conference I wasn't in town for! 20 rooms?! Seriously?! I am traveling by myself. Totally unprofessional.

I am dissapoibted to say I will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your comnents regarding your stay with us. I want to apologize for the miscommunication upon check in. As a PC member the free upgrade is upon availability only and unfortunately we were not able to accomdate due to high occupancy. I have looked over your history from time of arrival to check out and was unable to understand how you were mistaken for being with a group. I would like to discuss this with you further if you wish to do so. Again, thank you for your comments.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Longview, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

They try hard here but the older building and decor holds this property back. The rooms are clean but small. The bathrooms are clean but tiny.
I do appreciate that the front desk staff recognized my Priority Club status as well as giving me an extended late check out time. Thanks!

Room Tip: If you eat breakfast here let the chef cook your eggs, don't get the pre-cooked scrambled.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear tomthbomb,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club Gold member and for leaving us a feedback. Please allow us to apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of our property and the room accommodations you had. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The room was very over priced , the lounge was closed !! When called and checked I'm asked about dinner and drink were told It closed at 9 . Was not opened. Room was at best a 79 a night room . Bed were old and hard ! Not a holiday inn room !!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Aaron2219,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very welcoming staff . In a very clean Lobby. There was a luggage cart as you walked in the door . The parking lot was full because of the car club did have a little trouble parking I had a trailer with me but parked the trailer on the grass hooked to the truck with the truck in the parking spot (no one had anything to say about it) I did not want to take away from car show. There was security walking every where.

Room Tip: We add 2 rooms and we found both of them to be very clean nice size flat screen televisions and very...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

From experiencing a LOT of hotels over the years—and writing a lot of reviews on them—I’ve come to realize that most of us have our own expectations upon arrival. I try to limit my expectations—and simply allow the experience to speak for itself. Here it is:
Facility: large, obviously well-kept, and clearly almost finished with entire make-over; lots of parking, plus pool; good restaurant.
Price: VERY reasonable.
Rooms [we used two “king” rooms]: very clean, well-appointed, roomy, quiet, and with all the amenities, including excellent beds and large TV.
Staff: very helpful from start to finish [special thanks to Jennifer].
Wi-Fi: fast and consistent.
Area: in the center of about anything we’d want or need [endless stores and restaurants, theaters, gas stations, fun stuff, attractions, etc.].
Overall: I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending it to friends and family…or returning there myself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Two words: Ribeye Steak! This is a nice hotel. Clean Comfortable Rooms. Small fitness center but, provides access to local athletic club for hotel guests. The Restaurant is FANTASTIC. Not your ordinary Hotel Food. Ribeye Steak was one of the best I have ever had. Made to order Breakfast was terrific. This is a huge hotel - lots of room for meetings, events, etc. Pool area is beautiful.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is very quiet with wide hallways. Top Floors are very safe with access from eleva...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is a little tired and showing signs of age, and it looks nicer from the outside than it does on the inside. The rooms are just average, and don't have full black-out blinds (at least mine didn't) which is a problem if like me you are sensitive to sunlight waking you up in the mornings. I had stayed the two previous nights at the nearby Courtyard Marriott, and while that's a little more expensive I would say it's the better option.

3 stars was a generous rating, I would give it more like 2.5.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway? Share your experiences!