“Nice place to stay if your on a budget" Typical College Town Motel'” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Tyler

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Tyler to your Saves list
Motel 6 Tyler
3236 Gentry Parkway, U.S. 69 at Loop 323, Tyler, TX 75702   |
Ranked #26 of 32 hotels in Tyler
DFW TX
“Nice place to stay if your on a budget" Typical College Town Motel'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We went to the renassiance fair and stay recently. The rooms were clean and nice considering it had not been renovated in awhile. Staff was friendly. The only thing I can say was bad was the noise. Typical college town college with college kids running making noise late hours of the night. If you stay on the side of the office not as noisy. For the price it was a nice place to stay. You do need to lock your doors.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Needville, TXS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

i checked in for a week, stayed 2 hours...and they would not refund my money! I could not sit on the furniture, tried the shower and noticed black grout instead of white. Ashtray turned upside down saying "no smoking"....Nasty!!! And I am not picky! I slept in my car at Wal Mart till I could find another room the next day. It was safer and cleaner! Thanks Wal Mart!!!! Motel 6 sent me a coupon for a free night, won't ever use it. Didn't even print it!

• Liked — Not a darn thing
  • Disliked — Dirt!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

Not a lot of options when you are evacuating due to a hurricane but a clean room is not a lot to ask. The carpet was filthy, dead bugs in the shower, sheets/linen was so nasty i went and bought new. There was burn areas in the mattresses, and this was suppose to be a non smoking room. I also found a crack pipe under the bed. When I took it to the front desk, I was told that they must have missed it when they vacuumed then told it got pushed under the bed while cleaning. Was told by management that they often have to call the police to this motel. Peolple outside all during the night, drinking and partying. When I returned home, I contacted corp. They were apologetic and gave me a free night stay. Needless to say, it will not be at Motel 6 in Tyler, TX.

• Liked — Not a damn thing
  • Disliked — drug activity
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

Absolutely disgusting, questioned whether bedding was clean, rug was filthy, bathroom floor had papers on it, bugs in the room. I was afraid to sleep in the beds for fear that I would get a disease. I have contacted motel 6 to register a complaint. I am awaiting a reply from them. I am a pretty good sport, just need a place to lay my head, no fanciness necessary, but, truly, this motel should be shut down.

• Liked — People at the front desk were nice
  • Disliked — Filthy, also upon arriving, guests were hanging over banister looking at you
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Grapevine, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2007

What a disaster - one night felt like one month. The non-smoking room was bleach-infested and the noise into the wee hours was disturbing at least. It was about the most "uneasy" nights of sleep we have ever had in years - even when ill. I guess we can at least be assured the towels were clean - I hope?

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Do you have an hour?
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Tyler? Share your experiences!