“Ok place to stay for one night” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1601 West Southwest Loop 323, Tyler, TX 75701-8533   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Tyler
Fort Worth, Texas
“Ok place to stay for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I stayed at the La Quinta on the Loop 323 for a family reunion. It is an OK place to stay for only one night. It smelled bad and bugs flew out of the A/C. The breakfast area was very small and crowded.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
houston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

not worth the money. the room smelled of strong disinfectant like it was covering a strong smell. at over $100 many better options than this . it was noisy late at night . the in room microwave did not work and the breakfast was very limited

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel was fairly close to everything we wanted to do in town. The only thing we were disappointed in was the housekeeping staff. Our room was not cleaned on second day. The trash was emptied & new towels were put out, put the sink & tub were not cleaned and our beds were not made. Otherwise, we had a good experience here & received good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We checked into the musky smelling room 7/19 and reported wet floor under the AC. It wasn't until this morning early the repair man came to check it out. No other rooms available!
Only three packages of coffee in room asked for more and given two. Is there a coffee shortage?
Only three towels in room!
Our second room smelled like smoke. We asked for non smoking.
The manager of this LQ has no leadership ability what's so ever. Rooms are in bad shape.
I don't know why I typed this all in most of the time LQ will not respond to it. However, I'm hoping that someone else reads this and does not stop. Staying in a tent in the park would be better.
We were here for the Texas Little League Championship. I hope no one gets sick form the musky room.
Don't stay here!

Room Tip: Stay in a tent much better room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Round Rock, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is an older La Quinta that is in need of being replaced. Rooms are not as clean as they could be; better or more thorough maid service would be helpful. The only reason I stay at this particular hotel is because it is the only one in Tyler, and I want to earn points with La Quinta

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

North Richland Hills, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

There was a mix up on my reservation so I called them because they charged my card $90 for a room i hadn't checked into yet, the lady couldn't find me at first then she finally did and she told me that my reservation was for last weekend not this coming up weekend and they charged my card for not showing up and them holding the room you would think they would at least be willing to make this right and apply the charges twoards this coming weekend or whenever but NO they wont do anything RIDICULOUS!!!! DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CARD INFORMATION UNTIL YOU CHECK IN!!!!!! This is the most horrible way to make$ off people especially charging $90 for a hotel room that wasn't checked into you could at least charge half since there was no one in the room taking up your electricity or using the water or eating your food NO ONE WAS IN THE ROOM IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THIS COMING WEEKEND IT WAS BOOKED ALMOST A MONTH AGO AND I RECEIVED NOTHING REMINDING ME OF MY RESERVATION BEFORE THE APPT!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I had to make a last minute trip to Tyler Texas because a family member is in the hospital there, we've stayed at La Quinta's all over Texas and this one is BY FAR THE WORST EVER. I was traveling with my disabled mother and 2 sons and a small pomeranian. The initial room we were given wasn't handicap assessable and the door was bent in such a way that when it was closed and latched the bottom corner was bent open so you were able to see outside. You could fit your foot through it. Since the room wasn't handicap assessable (that was what I reserved) we were given a new room. The room itself is ok. HOWEVER- the toilet doesn't flush and the air conditioner leaks outside leaving a THICK GREEN slime on the ground which is NOT ideal for a handicap person (not to mention young children) to maneuver around. There was enough time for my kids to take a quick swim and the pool was clean and well maintained. We were there 15-20 minutes when a group of 5 people came in with a cooler. They began to get in the pool with BEER and CIGARETTES! They women kept ashing in the water and I was so grossed out. I made the boys get out and I went to the office to ask if that was allowed. Apparently it is. The front desk told me that they couldn't control what the guests did?? She then went on to say that it was "worse" the night before. REALLY??!! I was really disappointed. I KNOW we will not be back to this La Quinta. This is an older one- it is actually one of the first designs of La Quinta but I was okay with it being dated. I was NOT okay with the filth and lack of care for the property. Not to mention the fact that some guests are consuming alcohol and smoking (and ashing) in the pool where a "FAMILY" environment is encouraged. What a joke

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Tyler? Share your experiences!