“Easy off, easy on” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Tyler
Post Falls, Idaho
“Easy off, easy on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife and I spent two days at the Tyler La Quinta. We have been staying at La Quinta Inn's for about three years when we have a choice. They have all been very clean and the staff at the front desk very helpful. I like the fact I can get a cup of coffee at two in the morning. The breakfast was very good at this location, hot and fresh with lots of choices.

I would recommend this location to anyone needing a quiet nights sleep near the interstate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for one night due to proximity to my meeting. The toilet was filthy as the underside of the seat and edges of the bowl had not been cleaned. Bed was uncomfortable. Carpet was filthy and worn. Wi-fi did not work (no password needed so that wasn't the issue). Lots of street/truck noise. Heater was loud and woke me up every time it went on. I didn't expect much given the price, but this was unacceptable.

• Stayed February 2014
Rusk, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have stayed there twice because the bed was so comfortable. The building itself needs a lot of attention. The breakfast is nothing to brag about but does fill the void. There is no workout center and for the price you can find a hotel that does have one. The rooms were clean. The desk attendants were very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Sulphur, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta for Thanksgiving for one night. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was not anything to write home about but satisfactory. For the price we will probably stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We arrived to check into our hotel a little after 3, the check in time and was told our room was not available. Surprising enough several people who arrived after us were offered rooms. Even when I told the counter lady that we were dependent on the 3 check in due to a wedding, she said there was nothing she could do. About 30 mins later we got our keys. Once we got to the room, the bathroom had mildew and the sheets had stains. Other than that just needs some updating. Bed was decent. We missed breakfast, buy looks like the only hot thing was waffles. For the price we paid should of spent another $20 and stayed in a nicer place.

• Stayed November 2013
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I first called the res call ctr and got a rate for a sr. Then I called the property itself and got same discount, but for $5 cheaper! Day of dep I called to cancel call ctr res., but it never went through!!
We had 2 dogs, so I guess we were put in the 'pet' section. There must be a spring that runs through the place, mom almost slipped getting across the runoff in parking lot.....it was slimy!
The room was pretty, the beds were made nicely, carpets looked good and no odors! Nice tv. Dresser is old, maid didn't ck the freezer. Micro was fine. Went to tub room, it was old. As I sat there, I looked at the door and it was really in need of a cleaning! No draw fan. The sink area was old as well. My mattress was an old pillow top and you could feel the metal that goes around the top edge, it made a creaking sound when I sat on it. It was still comfy for sleeping. There were 3 square pillows on the beds, which I thought was odd. They were just old pillows made to look square, and the pillow cases had holes! B'fast was over a bit early, 9a, missed that. Safe neighborhood. Quiet

Room Tip: Don't stay behind greek restaurant, kind of busy in the morning.