“Great place to Sleep” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
nacogdoches, United States
“Great place to Sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We only needed a room for one night but it was a good night! I slept well and they fed us a good hot breakfast the next morning. Staff was very friendly and our room as nice and clean. Upon initial entry of our room there was a slight musty smell but it went away nearly immediately after we turned the A/C on. We will stay there again when we go back to Tyler.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melissa F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Emily C,

Your review was lovely and thank you for sharing your thoughts about us. I am sorry you had to experience the mustiness - it is constant battle for us East Texans due to the high humidity. I am glad to see that it cleared up quickly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lexington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

In June 2014, we enjoyed two three-day stays at Best Western Plus in Tyler. It never disappoints us. We've enjoyed our previous stays and expect to continue our good relationship with this hotel, which is very conveniently located on South Broadway at Rieck Road. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Our rooms are attractive and clean and in good condition. It's a comfortable hotel where we always feel relaxed and secure. As a runner, I especially enjoy the location. There are pretty neighborhoods nearby that are great for running and walking. And, there is an extraordinary running and walking trail close by. Very attractive. I recommend this hotel, absolutely.

Room Tip: We've always stayed on third floor during our occasional visits since 2006. I prefer staying on...
Dear Kevin C,

Thank you very much for the great review. I agree that our location is outstanding as it puts us so close to so many wonderful things in Tyler (including the Rose Rudman trail which I do hope you took advantage of when running). Let us know the next time you will be coming our way - as long as we have a room, so do you!
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

One of the best Best Westerns I have stayed at. New (looking) facility. The staff is friendly . I did not eat breakfast this time but I am sure it would have been good. Stayed here on a mini-buddy golf trip. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Dana S,

Thank you for your recommendation and I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I also hope that you had a great time golfing.
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you need to be in Tyler, this is a very nice place to park. Unfortunately, Tyler is about 13 miles from I-20, so it's a schlepp into town if you're just passing through, but there isn't much on I-20 nearby where you can eat in a half-way decent restaurant and get a drink or a beer at the end of a long day of driving. There's an Applebee's and Olive Garden right across the street from this BW and an Asian grill next to it.This BW is spotless, not at all shopworn like some, spacious quiet rooms and very pleasant and helpful staff. The internet wasn't perfect, but we were in an end room (nice and quiet). The breakfast was hot with the usual options. We've stayed at BW's across the country, and this is definitely the best. Who knew!

Room Tip: Rooms on the end are quiet, but you may sacrifice good wi-fi.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Melissa F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Barbara B,

I am so very thankful for such a great review and I am so glad that you found us. True, we are a bit of a jaunt from Interstate Highway 20, but we have a great location in Tyler as you mentioned. I am certain that now that you know where we are you will visit us again the next time your journeys bring you our way.
shreveport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was very pleased with the hotel, staff was great and all my needs were met. Breakfast was good cleanliness of hotel above expectations all our needs were met. room was great it was a suite that accommodated 3 adults and 2 children with room to spare. I even saw one of the employees loading and unloading a older person that needed some help. Will stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melissa F, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Brenda G,

I am so glad to see that you and grandkids had a great time during your stay with us. So happy to know that we were able to be exactly what you needed during your family time!
Zwolle, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed one night and was very impressed with the hotel. Rooms were exceptionally clean, spacious, and attractive. Kids enjoyed the pool. Staff was friendly and helpful. Although the front desk clerk was working as quick and efficient as possible, checking in took a long time due to 5 guests arriving at the same time. Would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melissa F, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Danena R,

We appreciate the kind words and are happy that enjoyed your time with us. I am sorry to see that a "registration rush" caused a delay at check-in for you but it is good to know that our desk staff handled the situation as quickly as possible. I do hope you visit us again.
San Antonio, TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Couldn't have been any better. The property was neat, clean, and attractive. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were professional and helpful. Breakfast was good, and laid out for easy access to various foods. Would definitely recommend it to family and friends.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melissa F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Linda B,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am always so thankful when we have earned high praise from our guests and we intend to do everything in our power to be the best hotel we can be. I hope we can be here for you again on your next journey to Tyler.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!