“It is what it is ” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Visalia
“It is what it is ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The room accomadated what we needed which was 3 beds. It needed another bathroom. Room smelled nice with all the glade plug in. The hallway reeked of smoke from the smoking rooms. Noise from people upstairs and view of parking lot. Breakfast was well, it is what it is. The hotel is your typical 2 star hotel.

Stayed April 2014
Melissa F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Visalia,

I am so glad that the two bedroom suite was able to meet your needs. We have only three of that room type on property and I am sincerely sorry that yours was located on the ground floor which is a mixed floor (smoking and nonsmoking). I did check your stay date and the other two were occupied by multi-night guests so it would therefore have been impossible to put you on a different floor. I am sorry about the hallway smoke odor but am hopeful that you did not have ot spend too much time in the hall.

After reviewing the log books I was unable to find any indication that you made us aware of the noise issue. Although I cannot speak for all hotels, please never hesitate to make us aware of noise issues during your stay so that we can address them. A quick phone call can often resolve such issues.

I do hope that you will try us again in the future and I wish you safe journeys!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Waco, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Tyler ,the room was clean and the bed perfect. Breakfast avalible everyday.Good orange juice and hot coffee.Located where it is easy to get in and out of parking lot.Grocery stores close by as is many eating joints within walking distance.I recommend any one coming to Tyler ,Texas Best Western good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melissa F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Donnie T,

If this is the same Donnie T I'm thinking of I am not surprised that you love us because we sure do love having you as our guest! But if not, then keep staying with us - we have lots of "regulars" and there is always room for a few more (until we run out of rooms of course). We look forward to your next visit Donnie.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

First of all, thank you SO much for making the rooms large enough for families. It's SO hard to find a hotel with room for five people. Is my family really that big? I didn't think that having three kids would make it so hard to find a hotel room!
The two bedroom suite is SO nice. If your baby or toddler needs to nap, you can still let your older kids play in the front area! It's so nice to have this option at a non-resort type hotel and for such a FABULOUS PRICE!!!
My kids would want me to mention that there are three televisions - so each of them got their own tv. They were all watching the same show on Disney Jr at the same time at one point. It was painful for me, but exciting for them.
The parking lot has lots of space and is very safe.
I got to breakfast late, like two minutes before they closed, because I wasn't paying attention to the breakfast hours and had exercised earlier. The breakfast server got me a hard boiled egg from the back when she saw that I was looking in the empty bowl. That was really nice of her. Technically, they were still open for breakfast, but we travel a lot to hotels in this class range and I don't know many other places that would have done that for us.
The exercise room is really nice and clean. All of the equipment worked well.
The staff was polite to me and to my well-behaved/gorgeous/perfect children.
Vending machines are on each floor, not just on the bottom floor. Thank you!
Ice machines are on each floor, not just on the bottom floor. Thank you!
The hotel is in the BEST location. It's a five minute walk on a sidewalk to CHUY'S, which we love. If you don't like some of the best TexMex around, you pass Sonic and Panera on the way there. There is also a Walgreens on the corner, which is always super handy when traveling.
Across the street and down the road is a WalMart, clothes shopping, etc. It's a great locale.
Honestly, the only bummer was that one of my children is asthmatic and the non-smoking room we were in was right next to a smoking room. Next time, I'll ask to be on the non-smoking floor.
We loved our stay and will stay here EVERY time that we're in Tyler again.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the non-smoking FLOOR, not just a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear sarahbyu1,

All I can say is WOW - thank you for that amazing review! We have only three of those two-bedroom suites on property and I am sorry that the only one we had for you was near a smoking room. I wish we had more of those suites because they are very popular and like you mentioned make a real difference for families. I hope we get to see you again in the future!
Warren, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Tyler, Texas is a good place to visit and the Best Western Southpark Inn and uites is a very good hotel to stay in. The appearance of the hotel and room is very good; the service was excellent. The only problem was the beds, they came straight from !!!!!!. I did not sleep well my entire stay at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Dorris C,

I am so sorry that the new beds weren't comfortable for you. We replaced every mattress on our property over the winter months (our slow time of the year) so I have no doubt that they still have that "brand new feel" that some people do find not to their liking. I do regret that it troubled you. I am glad to see that so many other things about your stay were great though.
Center
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

In Tyler for my daughter's dance competition. The hotel is located approx. 2 blocks from the Mall, is right across the street from a Wal Greens and there are great restaurants within minutes to the hotel. Also, Wal-Mart is approx 1 mile from hotel. We had a King Suite and the most impressive thing for me was the 2 TVs. My daughter could watch Nick all day and I could surf channels. The breakfast is awesome with a great variety with hot meats, eggs, waffles, toast, biscuits, gravy, cereal, etc. Very Very nice and this is my 2nd stay at this hotel and will stay in the future when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear VonBerry,

Thank you for the great review. That extra TV in the suites certainly can be useful, especially with traveling with kids. I hope she did well at the competition!
arlington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and it was not bad. It is close to where I have to be and has all of the other amenities around it. Pretty easy to get in and out of, as far as traffic. Only complaint is that is has not improved any since the last time that I stayed there. You would have thought that at least some improvements would have been done. I didn't try to eat breakfast because fifteen people where down at the same time and there was no room. How about converting the arrival area in the mornings by putting in a couple of tables? Pretty easy answer whenever the hotel is booked. I will probably keep this as a backup hotel for next time I am out there for business. They also offer a bonus on rewards, but don't give you a card to put them on. Nice promo, right?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melissa F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Garry W,

I do regret that we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay with us. I was a bit surprised by your comments about improvements however. We had many changes to our guest rooms in 2013 including new carpet, furniture, bedding, artwork and more. We also changed the lobby furniture, breakfast area flooring, and expanded the business center. While Best Western Plus Brand Standards prevent us from placing breakfast seating in the lobby, our breakfast area does have seating for 34. I am glad to see that you might be with us again in the future; but if not I do hope you find a property that meets your needs even if it can't be us.
San Antonio, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel over 30 nights. I have been using this Hotel for over a year. Anytime I am traveling to Tyler, Texas, I always book my reservation with this Best Western. The fact that I have stayed here for this long should speak volumes as to how GREAT this Hotel and the Staff are. However, I have learned that there are some people that will find just about anything to "complain" about - including a COMPLIMENTARY breakfast! Seriously!! It's FREE for goodness sakes! And it is DELICIOUS!! But if you are not satisfied, feel free to go elsewhere and get the SAME food and pay over $15.00 for it - bon appetite!!! As far as animals - yes, there are some people that travel with their pets, so let me say that at NO TIME have I ever heard barking, or seen any "doggy mess" ANYWHERE! That includes the grounds outside!! The owners have taken responsibility for their pets and I applaud them!! The fact that this is a "pet friendly" Hotel is a CREDIT to the Staff members at this Hotel!! Personally, I feel better around people who do love animals - it shows compassion and understanding for the people who love their animals and want their animals to accompany them on trips. I am HONORED to stay at this Best Western - I hope you don't change a thing because you "set the bar very high" and are a CREDIT to the city of Tyler, Texas!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Tricia M,

Like your reviews, you always bring a smile to my face when I see that you are with us again. True, no hotel can be "one-size-fits-all" but it is such a joy when a great hotel and a great guest make that "perfect fit" connection. I am thankful that we can be that for you, and you for us.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!