“Bad nights stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Tyler
Manly, Iowa
“Bad nights stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The motel looked good.....lobby very clean and welcoming.....we were assigned a room in the back, felt very unsafe...due to being put in the middle of local workers that stayed there, and also
Young people that were partying right outside our room half the night.....our car Alarm went off
Several times because the child that was with the couple next to us was pulling on the car handles.
Beer cans in front of our car the next morning. I was up for two hrs keeping an eye on the situation. Could have called management, but was worried about damage being done to vehicle
If I did. I did talk with management the next morning.....also whoever cleans these rooms have
No idea how to clean....baseboards had an inch of crud around them....not good
Maintenance! Would never stay here again. Remember though....not ALL America's best value
Inns are like this....just depends on management, and whether or not they take pride in what
They manage.......it's totally a reflection on management and their common sense.

Room Tip: Always tell them you expect a quiet clean room in a safe area of motel......like out in front view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
abviresponse, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Dianne,

We deeply regret that you had a bad night's stay. It is unfortunate that you did not call the front desk and request the noise issue be addressed or even requested another room. We understand your fears about retaliation if you did make a complaint about the noise. However, we cannot take action about misbehavior of other guest if we are not informed at the time.
We have instructed housekeeping to pay closer attention to the base boards of the rooms.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Frederick, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

While this is an older property, it is refurbished, very clean and had a very acommodating staff. The suite was perfect for a weekend get away to tour the City of Roses and was a good value. Hannah Dawg found the grounds well maintained and enjoyed exploring the lawn. Convenient to downtown and other Tyler points of interest. Will stay there next time I visit Tyler.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the beautiful city of Tyler.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The staff was very pleasant.The room was clean and the rate for a king was 58.00.Room had small fridge microwave,coffee pot and 27 in TV.Danish were good next morning.Only about 20 miles to Canton and 5 miles to Cracker Barrel.I was there on Friday night and not crowded at all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Terry,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate knowing what we are doing right in addition to critical remarks on the areas we need to improve on. We hope to see you again.
Bossier City, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

HORRIBLE PLACE TO STAY! My family and I decided to stay at this hotel based on their website. We get into the room, no towels, coffee, washcloths or condiment packets were in the room. The comforter on the bed was full of cigarette burns and we were in a non-smoking room!! We had to call up and go get the things missing from the room. THEN, the next morning, we were looking forward to the nice, hot breakfast promised on the website...eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy...we get into the breakfast room and there are frozen waffles, a tray of danishes, a couple of bags of bagels and cold cereal. We noticed that there ONCE was biscuits and gravy, but when brought to the front desk clerk's attention, she said that when they run out, they do not put anymore out. Ok, breakfast is from 6:30-9:30 and this is at 8:00! When we asked the lady in the breakfast room (which later we find out is the owner) for more milk for the cereal, she was downright rude!! Then upon check out, when I asked to speak with the owner, the front desk clerk had a horrible attitude with me!!!! When I talked to the "owner" she said that she apologizes for the inconvenience, but there was nothing she could do...that the "website" hasn't been correct for two years since they were a "Best Western". I WILL NEVER stay at another America's Best again due to the rudeness of the hotel owner and the hotel front desk clerk this morning. I was told that the website would be changed so that it wouldn't cause confusion in the future...guess what? I just looked and it still says the same thing!!!! NO RECOMMENDATION FROM ME!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
MotelTyler, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

• The owner and the people running the website, were contacted concerning having the website properly reflect what would be found at the establishment.

• Housekeeping received extra training in having the rooms properly supplied before releasing them as ready for occupancy.

• The owner and the front desk clerk received extra training in the courteous manner in which they, as our representatives, are to treat our valued guests.

• The owner received extra training in seeing that a proper breakfast is supplied, that is one that properly reflects what is advertised.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown. I think you will be very pleased.

texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I stayed at this motel while working a 13 week assignment. At $1,600 a month I expected good service. the owner was going through a tragic period in her personal life and she took it out on me by chewing me out/ yelling at me out over this or that - that I "demanded too much" when my air conditioner or fridge did not work right. They also rent out little conference rooms to church groups.... the owner would confide in me that she did not like the particular race groups that rented the rooms because they left a mess. Go figure - The owners are foreigners and they slander Americans.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

• The owner received additional training in the courteous manner in which she, as our representative, is to treat our valued guests. This also included talking negatively about other guests.

• The owner received additional training in what actions to take when one of our valued guests has a problem with a piece of equipment in the room assigned to them not functioning properly.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown. I think you will be greatly pleased.

dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

My sister chose this hotel for me and I am so very glad she did. Although this is an older hotel it is very clean and well-maintained. My room was spacious and clean. Because I was there for about 2 weeks I was very glad of the availability of a washer and dryer at the hotel for guest use. While the breakfast was in harmony with the overall value of the hotel and I did enjoy my breakfast in the dining room, others might prefer to have breakfast at one of the many restaurants or fast food places located nearby. The staff was truly great and accomodating and quick to respond if there was a problem. I truly appreciated the call from management when there proved to be a plumbing problem in which the water needed to be turned off to repair the problem. When I stated that I was just about to step into the shower, Mr. Patel was very kind and accomodating to delay the turning off of the water while I was given the time needed to care for my personal cleanliness. Hotel management was quick to ask if I had everything I needed and to make sure that I was safe and comfortable. Had it been warm I would have enjoyed using the swimming pool, and I did appreciate getting to use the computer with high-speed internet. Mr. and Mrs, Patel are energetic, industrious, and effecient in maintaining the upkeep and cleanliness of the hotel and they and their staff are friendly and efficient in serving their guests. Americas Best Value Inn & Suites in Tyler, TX may not be the place for trendy young jetsetters, but for value-conscious people who want a clean, comfortable, quiet, and safe place to stay, this is the place. Not only did I enjoy my stay and sincerely hope to have opportunity to stay here again, I have already highly recommended this hotel to my family, friends, and customers.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Comment:
I was a guest at 2828 West NW Loop 323 Tyler, TX 75702. I am very upset with the customer service I have gotten from the manager. A few days ago a few items were stollen from my work truck. Some tools and a cooler a few hundred dollars worth of stuff and tools. I told the manager thinking he may take action as a good manager would do, but he did NOTHING!So I stayed a couple of nights thinking it may be safe now, but was I wrong. This morning 9-19-2009 I went outside and there were more things missing from my truck not to mention a ladder that cost 400 dollars.I am very upset and disappointed with the inn. I called and they told me there is nothing they could do about it even with the fact that they have camera's. Needless to say I will tell my story to everyone that will hear me including the 100 customers I see on a daily basis and the hundreds of friends and family I have on facebook and myspace. I may have been paying a value rate but I ended up having to pay as if I stayed at a 5 star hotel. This is atrocity and infuriating. At a time when security and comfort is the most desired quality, your inn provided me with none and the negligence and poor customer service your manager provided me with was insulting. I have learned my lesson and I will tell everyone I know so they may be spared the troubles and headaches your company has caused me and my workers. I am starting to believe it may have been the staff from the inn since the manager seems to be neglectful in looking over the "security camera's" if there actually is any. That may be a fluk as well. A lie to boost sales.Huh, bad, very bad!!
Julio Kretzmeier

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it didn’t turn out to be the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

• The manager and security staff received additional training concerning the proper steps to be taken when one of our valued guests reports a theft of their property. We also talked about what could be done to better prevent thefts on the hotel property.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that

Hotel Manager.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown? Share your experiences!