“Okay...but not as good as first visit” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Gilmer, Texas
“Okay...but not as good as first visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Margaritas were great, waiter was a doll and service was good. Lobster tacos had 3 small pieces of meat each and for $19.95 I expected a little better. My friend ordered a burrito that was so big it would have fed the three of us. Setting is okay but could use a refreshing. I think it will be a while before I try again to see if things improve.

Visited February 2014

Natchez, Mississippi
“Great private party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My first visit here was for a private anniversary party in the wine cellar, and it was great! The service was excellent, especially Eric. The food was delicious. I had carne asada, and it was perfectly cooked. The building has a lot of steps and levels, and may not be accommodating to some. I hope I can go back on another trip to Tyler.

Tyler, Texas
“Not sure what all the fuss us about”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have been here 3 times, not of my own choosing! Each time i come in hoping it will be better that the last time, yet each time it is worse. Not sure how they get the rave reviews they get. This time i ordered their nachos. You would think being in Tyler Texas, tex mex capital of the world they could get this right!
Not sure what their menu is trying to be what i do know is they have some work to do

Quitman, Texas
“Great atmosphere, slow service, good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our meal at Villa Montez. The atmosphere is quite nice for a romantic evening. We started with drinks and they were average, nothing to complain about, just average and they took a bit to get there. We ordered an appetizer of some type of fried wrap with jalapeno jelly, which was quite good, but again, took a while to get. We shared a bowl of the coconut soup, which was quite different but very good and a huge portion with lots of chicken in it. For dinner my wife ordered a special which was salmon and I ordered the filet. This was when we really had to wait. A table of 6 came in after we sat down and we ordered before them, yet they were done eating by the time we got our entrees. While we were in no hurry, it was an excessive wait. The entrees were average. The salmon good, but the thickest part was not quite cooked all the way. The filet was cooked nicely, but did not have much flavor, nor did the rice or vegetables. It was served on some type of red beans, which again was ok, but nothing to write home about.

We were in the restaurant for over an hour and a half. Finally I had to let the waiter know that we had to go to get the check. Even then it took a bit to get it processed.

Overall, it was fine, but not what we were expecting, especially for the cost. We probably will not return.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Top notch food in a unique setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Excellent dinner and service. Everything we ordered from appetizers (chino Latino rolls), entree and desserts were fabulous.
Service was excellent. Decent selection of wines by the glass.
Highly recommended.