“Good music fair food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Good music fair food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

When I am asked to pay a cover charge to get in and $34 and change for a steak and side I expect a lot more than this place delivered. Now don't get me totally wrong; they cooked it to order. Rare just the way I like it. Menu said seasoned and cooked to order but I guess they forgot to season mine. Not even salt and pepper. My side of potato gratin needed another 20 or 30 minutes in the oven and a lot less flour in the sauce. If not for the music and company it would have been a waste of an evening. Will I return? Not likely and certainly not to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Houston
“Good place to relax outside.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Food was good. Service was good. Would like to try another place next time. Would go back in the future if in town.

Visited November 2012
Wimberley
“Overpriced, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We went there for diner with big group; many choices, lot of sea food. I had a red fish plate, serving was small portion or a moderate price, but my husband had a big steak. Very salty meal. Our family eat there night before and commented that music was very laud and they couldn't hear each others. Service was ok.

Visited October 2012
Fairfield, Texas
“A little of New Orleans feel on the square”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I ate there twice at lunch in one week while working at KLTV Channel 7 across the square. Loved sitting on the patio in the shade people watching the lunch crowd and listening to great blues music on the sound system.
I had the pork chops with dressing and sauteed squash. The portions were so large that I took half back to the station. The squash was cut in large quarters and was nicely seasoned (not bland).
Free wifi was available and I was not rushed out, they let me set up and work for almost 2 hours although they were busy.
I can't wait to go back one evening and watch the live music on the New Orleans style patio. Very friendly staff.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tyler, Texas
“Rick's on the square "Great Entertainment" but drinks are weak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is great place to go listen live music and dance. Only complaint mixed drinks are high and weak, weak ,weak. I think you guys need to do better on the drinks! They also charge your credit card $25 several times through the night to make sure you can pay for all the weak drinks. Still waiting for my $50.00 pre authorization to go back on my debit card it has been 4 days and still waiting! We ordered the calamari it was way over cooked and very salty! Worst calamari I have ever had.. I do recommend the OYSTERS MEDITERRANEAN they are wonderful! I think over priced for half dozen!

I would recommend Rick's for entertainment!

• Visited August 2012