“Stanley's Bar B Q” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 265 Restaurants in Tyler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Stanley's is the oldest operating mom and pop BBQ joint in Tyler, serving up true, pit smoked BBQ for over 50 years. Come try our perfect brisket, baby back ribs, turkey, fresh sausage, and pulled pork in a fun and family friendly atmosphere! Stanley's offers some other selections such as fish tacos and even has vegetarian items. Also be sure to try our two most popular sandwiches - The Mother Clucker and Brother-in-law. We have a newly renovated, covered, and enclosed patio where you can catch a great touring band on Friday night. The patio is also now equipped with a full-bar that features Texas spirits, draft beer, and a nice selection of bourbons. We take pride to produce all our barbecue and sides fresh each day, so we occasionally sell out due to heavy and unanticipated guest traffic. Call ahead if you want to make sure we have something you're looking for! We also offer catering services for your next event. Be kind and have fun!
Mena, Arkansas
“Stanley's Bar B Q”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I accidently stumbled on Stanleys on a trip through Tyler Texas. Wow, this has to be one of the best bbq restaurants that I have ever ate in. It is a classic bbq joint, order at the counter and it is brought to you when ready. There is inside and outside covered seating. Outside is great in the fall or spring but summer in Tyler makes this an oven midday. Great restaurant and on that I definately will go back to when in Tyler.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lindale
“We've had much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The reviews were a let down. Went their for lunch and totally disappointed. I had ribs which were kinda dry and my wife had the BBQ sandwich with a lot of grizzle Rib Masters is far better

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Centennial
“Addictively, amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

On a recent business trip, we happened to pass this unique looking place and decided to stop in and try it out. We ordered ribs with all the sides (potato salad, coleslaw and beans) and took a gamble on the Texas Tacos, made with brisket, for only $1 on special. We went out to the covered deck and found a friendly bartender who told us Shiner Bock drafts were only $2. We ordered a couple and waited for our food to arrive. Minutes later we were looking at mouthwatering plates of yummy smelling food.

The first bite of Texas taco had my mouth doing a happy dance and wondering where these little jewels had been all my life. When I picked up the first rib and the meat almost fell off of it, I knew I was in for the treat of my life.

This seriously was the BEST BBQ I have ever had in my life. Ever! I love living in Denver, but this place almost made me want to move to Tyler, TX.

Visited February 2013
The Colony, Texas
“Best brisket ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I love BBQ, and this was some of the best I have had. Get the 4 meat platter, that way u can try most of the meats. Brisket was amazing! Ribs were close to perfection. Sausage and pulled pork were good. The brother in law was perfect. Will be my new fav stop when I am in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tyler, Texas
“my favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

this is a hole in the wall bar b q jewel. I have been enjoying Stanley's bar bq for about 40 years. Great for takeout.

Visited June 2012