“Meh.. Fish taco was gross” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #161 of 266 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Mexican
Murchison, Texas, USA
“Meh.. Fish taco was gross”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The brisket taco was ok.. The fish taco was gross and precooked.. Very fishy flavor. The employees were goofing around and unprofessional. I won't be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Took the Rusty's vs Fuzzy's taco challenge!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

On this trip my husband and I were out to do a Rusty's vs. Fuzzy's taco challenge (fun date idea). I would give it to Rusty's on flavor, but loved the menu/options and drinks at Fuzzy's! This was our second stop and we ate at the one on S. Broadway. I would suggest going to the one on Beckham, because there is no real atmosphere to the S. Broadway location. However, if your just driving thru this location they did have very fast service.

My husband and I tried 4 different tacos: #1 picadillo taco, #8 baja shrimp taco, #10 fried chicken taco, and a #11 BBQ brisket taco. I will warn you if your a "taco purist" like my husband you maybe turned off by their menu and all the stuff/sauce they put on their tacos. Like the #1 my husband enjoyed bc it was pretty much beef and potatoes, I however thought it was pretty bland. We both really enjoyed the flavor of the other three tacos and they were cooked perfectly. These three had lots of sauce on them, but we really enjoyed the different flavors. I went back and ordered a #5 brisket taco to compare to the BBQ brisket taco, the #5 is more of a "purist" type taco that has that great greasy taste to it, however I will warn you that it comes with a lot of onions (the reason why my husband wouldn't try it). I ordered their margarita which I liked, but my husband didn't much care for due to the fact it has more of a bitter/sour kick to it than your typically house margarita.

Visited July 2013
Hawkins, Texas
“Eh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

So-so Tex-Mex. Having consumed copious amounts of Tex-Mex food in my almost-60 years, I have had better. The tacos we got were basically unseasoned ground beef and the condiments were nothing special, including the hot sauce. You order at a window and wait, and wait we did. The day we were there, it was run by teenagers. Not so good. We haven't been back (as native Texans, we eat LOTS of Mexican food!) There is better food elsewhere.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, North Carolina
“Good But Not as Good as the Original Dallas Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We fell in love with Rusty's Tacos in Dallas so everyone was excited when we saw one in Tyler. We arrived about 9:45 am and were told that we could not order from the lunch menu until 10 am. We decided to wait 15 minutes. After waiting, we placed our order and the cashier seemed confused because we wanted some to eat there and some to go. Special request such as no cheese seemed to confuse this poor woman, too. The tacos were very good when we got them although the special requests were ignored.

Visited May 2013
Tyler, Texas
“Good flavor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Tacos have solid flavor, but are very small portions. Some taste very similar. Decks are nice on good weather days.

Visited December 2012