“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Greensburg, PA
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Great location - easy access to a major artery through Tyler (Highway 69/Broadway), but set back far enough that traffic noise isn't an issue. Also near a nice, shaded walking trail. Close to lots of restaurants and the mall.

The rooms are nice and well-equipped. One one occasion, I stayed in a studio - furnished with a queen-sized bed, full-sized refrigerator, stove, and microwave. Pans, plates, and eating utensils are also provided. Great value at around $63 dollars per night, before tax.

On the other occasion, I stayed in a suite, which was also nice, but obviously much more expensive.

Rooms are quiet - no traffic noise (as previously mentioned), and quiet AC units. Light sleepers will be happy here. No on-site restaurant, but they do have a "pantry" with common items (juice, eggs, etc.) available for purchase. Because this is an extended-stay property, the front desk keeps limited hours, but is staffed for most of the day/night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I decided to visit family for the weekend. Check in was quick. The clerk at the desk was very friendly and helpful. Upon entering our suite we discovered the room to be very clean, smelled fresh and roomy. The room had a nice recliner in it for relaxing and watching tv. The kitchenette was just the right size for warming up something on the cooktop or utilizing the microwave. The refrigerator was full size (standard apartment size) and came in handy for left overs. I did enjoy the ice maker option as well. No need to run down a hallway with a bucket for ice. Everything about the place seemed pretty secure and the hallways were quiet.
On Saturday evening I was unable to enter the building from the side entrance. We walked up to the front desk to have my card checked. Apparently, it made contact with my cell phone and it de-activated my card. The lady at the front fixed the issue and handed me an additional card. She did explain to me that I was fortunate to have come by at that hour due to the fact that they shut the front desk down at 11pm and do not return until 7am the next morning. Glad we were able to catch her before closing. We utilized their vending area or as they call it "Cupboard". You must have a hotel card in order to get in. It is run on an honor system where you fill out a card with what you take. You can either have it billed to your room or simply drop cash in the slot. I found these items to be very reasonably priced. Unlike the traditional vending machines found in hotel hallways. A can of Diet Coke was $0.50 and brownies were $0.75. Over all, we were comfortable and would most definitely stay here on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Joplin, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I had an extended stay(1 month). I was extremely pleased with my accomidatiolns. Over the hotel is clean, friendly helpful staff. My room was cleaned once a week. My room had a full size refrig, 2 burner stove, mircowave, and full size dish washer. Dishes, cookware, dish towels and dish soap all provided. ( much similar to my own quallity). They have a small movie library, free laundry units, weight room, and "cupboard" that has snacks and beverages at REASONABLE/FAIR prices. I can only think of 1 really complaint. The TV's are outdated. If they would invest money in their TV's I'm sure they woulld get better reviews. Thanks for reading my review. B Brown Joplin MO.

Room Tip: Spa in being remodeled for a business center. Spa Lift required by ordiance.Great location, close to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My stay was awesome, very roomy and I work from the room with two laptops and gear and the desk was huge. Great .net connections (both Cat 5 & Wifi) which is very important to me. The beds are so comfortable, great night's sleep and they even offer an option on foam or feather pillows, now that is attention to detail. It was like being at home and the location is perfect with anything that you want nearby.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
north Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

After checking in and chatting with the very friendly and helpful staff at the front desk we arrived at our room which was clean, comfortable, and well laid out. I was sharing a suite with a friend and we were happy to see the huge desk/table area as well as the fact that the bathroom opens out on the living area instead of the bedroom -- this made it much easier for the person sleeping in the living area to slip into the bathroom at night. The location seemed secure all the way from the room itself to the parking area. There are no 'extra' amenities in this hotel although there is a small vending area off the main lobby where you can purchase snacks, food, and limited sundries on the honor system. The room had a small kitchenette which included a cooktop, microwave, and full-size refrigerator. The free Internet could have been a little faster but was satisfactory -- my biggest complaint was the pop-up ads which apparently are part of the 'free' aspect of the Internet.

Overall I was pleased with the quality of the accommodation and it provided a very good value for my money -- I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011 via mobile

Visiting family for a week. No service to speak of at the front desk. When asked for a feather pillow the older weekend only lady gave many reasons as to why she couldn't possibly bring it to the room. Told us over and over she couldn't"didn't know, i only work weekends..."
No business center or computer available when we stayed.
Rooms need updating and newer tv's.

• Stayed January 2011
Athens, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I'm always very tired when I get off work, and well as weary of staying in a new hotel. I was greeted with a smile and the best bed and fluffy pillows! No breakfast, but the kitchen has everything that you need including the dishes. Also, their Candlwood Cupboard is very nice and reasonably priced. So basicly it's like a home away from home. I always try to find a Candlewood everywhere I go now.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Tyler? Share your experiences!