“Friendly and effiecient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Tyler
Orange, Texas
“Friendly and effiecient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

This was the second time that my debate squad stayed at this hotel. The staff is consistently friendly. The free breakfast is great. When we arrived, they had our paperwork on keys on the counter, ready to go.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
QITyler, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Dear Thespianspirit,

Thank you for your wonderful review! As always, we pride ourselves on guest service and it is wonderful to hear such great feedback from our guests. We look forward to hosting your debate team next time!

Best regards,

Samantha Parkerson
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tyler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Everything was wonderful. The lobby was clean and very well kept. The room was very clean and large. Had a king size bed and a sitting chair what an ottoman. Had a desk to use with my laptop. Had a nice size tv with loads of channel options, microwave and refrigerator. Free breakfast in the morning, and not a Continental breakfast. Loved it, will stay again, FOR SURE!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Dear Tylermiss,

Thank you for the very pleasant review you posted! Our experienced housekeeping staff love getting comments on the great job they are doing and our breakfast is a guest favorite so feedback is always appreciated. Your reference to our amentities is also apreciated. Thank you, again and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We planned to stay here for two nights over the weekend. Everything looked good upon check-in, except one of the two elevators was out of order. Room looked very nice. After getting settled in for the evening, and just before we went to sleep, I killed two small roaches on the nightstand. The next morning, killed another big one. We decided to ask for a refund for the next night and stay elsewhere. The final straw was that both elevators were out of order. No problem for us, but for people with handicapped or those who have problems with stairs, this would have been a real issue. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Terilynnw,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. It is always good to hear feedback from guests so that we can continually work on issues and make improvements to our hotel.

Since your stay with us we have had our elevators fixed and keep them on a maintenace schedule so that we can assure our guests comfort and safety. We have also taken steps to improve pest control by replacing our pest control company and increasing their visits to the property.

We want you to know that we heard your concerns and have taken the correct measures to correct them. Thank you, again for your review, and we hope you would give us an opportunity in the future to accomodate you.

Best regards,

Samantha Parkerson
Sales Manager
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

We booked through the choicehotels website, after staying at two other Choice places, and we were very surprised both with the price we paid, and the quality of the room! It was lovely to walk into a cool foyer with friendly staff, even out in the country, and to have a nice cozy room with brilliant air conditioning. We hadn't had a stay from hell so far with them, and coming here proved that Choice Hotels have a lovely selection of places to stay.

The pool was lovely, and really deep (I love deep pools), and seeing the storms roll over while you're sat in the pool was excellent. Our only problem was that the location is really out there. There are two sides to Tyler, and the Quality Inn is on the wrong side! All the restaurants and bars are on the other side of town, but cabs are pretty cheap and easy to come by via hotel staff.

Also, Tyler is a dry town, and there are very few places to buy alcohol on a Sunday, we only found one bar nearby, and the roadwork meant that it was a death run to get to across the intersection! It was a little bland, and somewhat loud, but alright for a quick one.

There's also a massive supermarket across the quieter street :)

I recommend the Dairy Queen (have the burger on toast!) and the Jumbo Seafood across from the hotel. It doesn't look like the cleanest of places, but it has a charm and the food is to die for!

Sadly the grill restaurant on site hadn't opened yet, but it looks like it will be lovely!

Biggest gripe was the extortionate amount we got charged for burning a pillow. They were very small pillows, but apparently cost $50. Bit steep, and no warning they were going to charge us.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

Both a helpful and welcoming staff, clean elegant rooms and a real breakfast in the morning. If your traveling to Tyler this is the place to stay! I highly recommend staying at this Quality Inn.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I live in the Tyler area, but this hotel is on the opposite side of the city than where I live. I hardly go out that way. I live on the South part of Tyler, and the hotels are much better out that way. But even I had a little trouble locating this hotel/motel. This establishment is located in somewhat of a sketchy area. I made sure all of my valuables that weren't being taken to the room were locked in my trunk. I would've done that regardless, but especially here! Once I found the hotel, I could tell it was one that had been around for a while with no recent renovations. The elevator smelled of a musty, smokey mix. I might add that I saw the photos for this hotel on here, and it looks way better in those pictures than what it actually is!! I'm positive that it's not the absolute worst you can do for a hotel in Tyler, but it's not the best you can do for your money either. If you were desperately needing somewhere cheap to stay overnight, this would be your best bet.

I was only at this hotel for a few hours for a little "rendezvous". But even just for that, I will get a room elsewhere next time. The room itself was not terrible. It was descent, but I wouldn't have been comfortable staying overnight. I did notice a bug behind the front of the lampshade. I fretted the worst and thought that it was a bedbug! I didn't have the guts to check so I asked the person I was with and they SAID it was a ladybug. I'm hoping it was only that! There are better places to stay in Tyler that have either been renovated or newly built for a reasonable price and aren't super far from the airport. If you stay at inns/motels like this or close to this one, you're taking a gamble.

• Stayed December 2009
Biloxi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

My search criteria were for a good hotel under a hundred dollars, which allowed pets. When I chose this property I seem to have missed on two points. The rate was under a hundred, but when I arrived after a long drive, I was told that the hotel does NOT allow pets, regardless of what the franchise website claimed. Bless her heart, the desk clerk arranged for an exception. I don't know what I would have done otherwise.

The hotel itself, once a beautiful property, seems to have fallen victim to some kind of extensive water damage. There were signs of prior leakage everywhere. The hotel seemed dingy and musty. The carpet in the ground floor hallway was appallingly stained and rumpled. It should have been replaced long ago... or at least stretched. It's a tripping hazard. Also, the area outside the front entrance was really dirty and unkempt.

The bathroom had rust on the metal door frame and black mold behind the door. Ironically, the shower itself was one of the best of my 20 day road trip! The bed and bedding were likewise top rate. The mattress was softer than that standard hotel mattress... a welcome treat! The linen was clean and crisp.

Breakfast was better than average.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!