“Older Hotel But Comfortable, Clean, Well Run” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Tyler
Rowlett, Texas
“Older Hotel But Comfortable, Clean, Well Run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I arrived fairly late - after 10pm - but was greeted by an efficient front desk person who quickly checked me in. This is an older property, and the public areas and rooms are a bit dated, but having said that, the property is in excellent shape, very clean, and comfortable.

My room had a large, very comfortable king bed, work desk with ample outlets nearby, a microwave, fridge, and small one-cup coffee brewer with enough coffee to make one cup of regular and one cup of decaf. The bathroom was small but was very clean, with the standard Quality Inn amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion), and, in this case, a jacuzzi tub/shower combination. The shower delivered a strong stream of piping hot water - something that I particularly like - and the room itself was quiet. Climate control is achieved by a wall mounted unit that was a bit noisy but otherwise operated flawlessly.

The internet connection requires no password or login, and I had no trouble connecting to it or getting adequate response from it.

Check-out was likewise handled efficiently and pleasantly. I had used my Choice Privileges points for this stay (and this hotel is a bargain on the point redemption scale) with no problems or hassles.

The only minor thing to mention is that my scheduled 5:00am wake up call did not arrive. Fortunately, I never depend solely on hotel wake-up calls, especially when I have an early flight to catch, as was the case here. I chalk this up to a minor oversight rather than being a systemic problem with this hotel.

The hotel itself is convenient to the Tyler Pounds Municipal Airport, which is a short 12 minute drive away.

Overall, very pleased with my stay. This is a nice - not fancy, but nice - hotel and delivers excellent value. Check rates on the Choice Hotels website, where various discounts are available, and also check out Choice Hotels' frequent guest promotions, which are arguably the best in the industry. I stay at Choice Properties very frequently because of this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jordan K, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Greetings:

We truly appreciate the fantastic review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and felt that your redemption points were put to good use! I do apologize for the wake-up call mishap. We will be speaking with our agents to make sure they are properly trained on wake-up call procedures. Once again, we are very glad we were able to exceed your expectations and look forward to seeing you again! Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

After doing research, we decided to stay here for a few nights on our trip. The price was reasonable so we tried it out. When we arrived you could tell that the hotel was dated. The staff was so friendly and accommodating that it definitely made up for the age. When we got to the room I still noticed that it was dated on the inside as well but the cleanliness, comfort, and flat screen tv was enough to keep us happy! The next morning we went to breakfast and it was amazing! Its hard to come across a free hotel breakfast like that anymore! When we were done with breakfast, we requested more towels at the front desk. They did not have any but let us know we would be receiving them shortly in our room. It was no more that 2 minutes that we got a knock on our door with towels from even more friendly staff! We felt that our needs were taken care of no matter what. Thanks Quality Inn for meeting our needs with great service and smiling faces. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013
Greetings:

Thank you for the kind words in your review! Yes, our hotel is a bit dated due to it's age, but we feel we make up for it in service and we are glad you see it the same way! We are very glad you were more than content with our guestroom and breakfast. We most certainly pride ourselves on our full hot complimentary breakfast buffet! Can't wait to see you back in the future! Have a great day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Definitely needs updating, but very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was amazing as they had a full hot breakfast buffet. Staff was friendly and took care of an issue I had with my remote promptly.

If you're looking for luxury, look elsewhere. Clean, comfortable, and an excellent value for the price!

• Stayed July 2013
Jordan K, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Greetings:

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Quality Hotel! We are very thrilled that you see we live up to our name which is "Quality". We want to give our guests a quality product at a great value. Just because we are a limited service hotel does not mean we cannot give 5 star service to our guests. Glad to hear you enjoyed our full hot complimentary breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again in the future! Have a great day.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I usually enjoy staying at Quality Inn because of the customer service. This one is no exception. I was able to get checked in early, which was important to me because of my work schedule. After bringing my travel gear to my room, I headed out. The desk clerk (I don't remember her name) made sure to check to see if my room met my expectations. It did. Very clean! Yes, the carpets are worn, the building is not the newest in town.

After work I headed to Legends Bar and Grill for a quick bite to eat. That is the one downfall. It took a little over 30 minutes to get my food. The bartender was great.

Every time I walk in the front door, I've been greeted with a friendly "hello". The breakfast is excellent. While eating, the hotel sales manager stopped by to see how I was enjoying my stay. As a regular traveler for work, I spend a lot of time in hotels. This was the first time a manager went out of their way to check on me.

Kudos to you, Quality Inn! Great staff and great prices certainly make this hotel feel much younger than what it really is!

• Stayed August 2013
Jordan K, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Greetings Brett:

Thank you so much for the great review! You hit the nail on the head - we are not the newest hotel but we make sure what we lack in young age, we make up for in customer service! I am so glad to hear you were welcomed with open arms during your stay. I apologize for the lengthy wait at Legends, we have shown this review to our Food & Beverage Director so he is aware of what they can improve on. I hope you will try us out again and let us rectify the situation. Have a great rest of your stay! Hope to see you again soon!
Lufkin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I came in for one night. We had stayed at this hotel previously. Everything was good our last stay but thre front desk clerk. She was very rude. We came back because we enjoy the free breakfast. This time when we checked in, the desk clerk Kendra was very curtious and helpful making sure all of our needs were met for our stay. We will continue to come back monthly. It passed the test all around this time. Suggestion, make sure you check in when this clerk is there. Great hotel in all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jordan K, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Greetings Gary:

Thank you so much for the kind words you said about our hotel. We are very proud to give award winning customer service and will continue to do just that. Kendra is a new member to our team and we are very lucky to have her. We look forward to having you back! Have a great day!
Maple Grove, MN, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn for business. I was going to be in town for several weeks so I spent an hour or so reading reviews of the many locations that were available. I narrowed it down to about a half dozen places and started calling for rates (yes, I DO care what my employer has to pay). Quality quoted me a rate that was far better than the competition. They had a couple of bad reviews concerning rowdy crowds so I asked for clarification on them. I was assured that those were the result of two isolated incidents. The hotel manager seemed genuine so I went ahead and booked.
The hotel is not new. Let's get that out of the way right at the start. However, it is very well kept for its age. The room was clean and comfortable. Everything in the room worked just fine. I slept great on the king size bed. The bathroom was clean and modern. I was actually very impressed. The only real flaw I saw was that the carpeting, both in the room and in the hallways, was worn.
As for the staff, I could not have asked for more. EVERY time I walked through the front door, I was greater with a smile and friendly comments. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job supplying me with fresh linens and keeping my room neat and clean. Even the staff at The Legends Grill made me feel at home. Many days I was at work by 5:00 so I missed out on the free breakfast. However, whenever I could make it, Oscar would great me with an energetic "Good morning" and made sure I had everything I needed. Almost all of the reviews on this place mention what a wonderful breakfast they have - because it is true! They really take pride in what they serve and how they treat you. I think that holds true for all of their employees. Don't let the fact that this is an older building fool you. Like I mentioned earlier, I was there for several weeks and never experienced anything that I could complain about. The next time I need a place to stay in Tyler, it will be here.

Room Tip: The lobby is on the second floor, along with the lounge and the breakfast area. The pool, fitness ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jordan K, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Greetings Dan:

I do remember speaking to you about your concerns when you called and am glad we got it squared away. It is great to hear we were able to meet your expectations and provide you with a home away from home! What we lack in younger age we definitely make up for in our customer service, and I am so happy you recognized that. We will continue to strive to be a refreshing, clean and welcoming place for you to stay. Have a great day!
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stopped through Tyler on our way to Oklahoma and stayed here. The staff was great and the breakfast was wonderful. It is a nice change to have hot items instead of only fruits and danishes. The room was quiet, comfortable, and suited our needs. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jordan K, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are so glad you had a great stay with us on your recent trip! We do our best to make sure every guest has a memorable stay. We pride ourselves on our eclectic breakfast menu! If you ever find yourself in the area in the future, be sure to keep an eye out for our breakfast in bed initiative we are planning for later this year! We hope to see you again. Have a great day!

Been to Quality Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!