“2 day stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 32 hotels in Tyler
mansfield,la.
“2 day stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stay was really awesome, breakfast was very good, only problem we had was a t-shirt under our mattress and our next door neighbor found two x rated books under his mattress. If you have children please check mattress as we had two children with us

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jordan K, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Greetings Ray:

Thank you very much for the kind words about our breakfast. We are glad you and your family enjoyed it, along with your stay. However; let me apologize for the latter part of your review. This is not a common occurence in our rooms. Your review is being taken very seriously and is being addressed with our housekeeping team. We will make certain that something on this nature does not happen again. Once again, thank you for your kind words. We hope to better serve you in the future. Have a great day!

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My mom and I were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, the quality of the bedding and towels, and the variety and quality of the breakfast. We spent five nights, enjoyed the zoo nearby, took a short trip into Fort Worth to visit relatives, and still got a good night's sleep every night and a hot breakfast every morning. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. You can tell that the facility is not new, but everything was just great for two "older" travelers. We felt safe since all rooms are accessed from the inside hallway.

Greetings:

Thank you very much for the complimentary review! We pride ourselves of our eclectic, complimentary full hot breakfast in our Q Corner Cafe. We try to switch things up and make sure the guest is having a great breakfast that consists of more than just a muffin! Safety and guest satisfaction are our top two concerns at the property. We want to make certain that every single room is looking pristine and fresh. We also strive make our guests feel as safe as they do in their own home. We are glad we could achieve both for you. We look forward to seeing you in the future! Have a great day!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Husbands company has stayed here before and had problems with maids stealing...They have stolen a 12 pack of beer, detergent and the maid didn't deny it and sadly still works at this hotel ...Do not disturb on the door doesn't mean anything to the maids they will still enter and have on many occasions..Weekends are noisy and if there is anything going on at the hotel beaware they will tell you that have no control over the noise ...

• Stayed March 2013
Greetings:

I am very troubled to here your review of our hotel. Stealing is taken very seriously here whether it be by an employee or a guest. I don't know when your previous stay with us that you are referring to, but I can assure you any form of stealing will be treated with a zero tolerance policy. Any report of it is taken very seriously and is always investigated and the accusing party will have resolution in one way or another. There haven't any accusations of something of this nature for quite some time, but I apologize for any inconvenience you might have encountered in the past. We look forward to better serving you in the future. Have a great day.

Alvord, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is by far the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at and that is saying something. There was a party scheduled on Saturday night that got so out of hand that the police came out 5 times!! There was excessive drinking in the parking lot that led to MANY fights and the revving of motorcycles until five in the morning. The only thing that the attendant at the front desk would say is that he only had two more days then he no longer worked there. If you value your money, time, or sleep DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greetings Vanessa:

Let me apologize on behalf of the hotel for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. Unfortunately there was a group that weekend that did cause a ruckus. We require that all of our groups that have over 75 attendees bring a bonded security officer for noise control and to handle any other issues that appear. We are very sorry this was not done. We will make certain to let our guests know ahead of time when we have a banquet of that nature being held at the hotel. Please know this is not an accurate, everyday reflection of the property. After reading your review, we have taken preventative measures with our staff to make sure that a situation like this does not occur again. We hope to better serve you in the future. Have a great day.

Manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am Sergeant Keith Hostetler and I had a horrible 10 hour drive with my wife and two kids. We booked a Travel Lodge Hotel at Hotels.com and when we arrived at 2:30 am and when we arrived, there was no reservation for the hotel and they had no rooms available even though Hotels.com already charged our debit card. I called 3 to 4 local hotels and there were no vacancies. Finally we got back in our car and drove across the street where they had a vacancy at the Economy Inn. Let me tell you this was the WORST hotel i've ever been too. The chain lock on the door was severed, the white towels looked like they had urine stains, there was no toilet paper, the outlets in the room were all exposed with wires and we had to put our clothes we had worn all day on the pillows for fear of filth and disease. After 10 minutes I said "this isn't going to happen". We packed up all our stuff and planned to sleep in the car. On a last ditch effort we drove across the street the the Quality Inn at 3 AM. I went inside and was suprisingly greeted by Eric and Johnny at the front desk and they listened to my night events and were AMAZING! Not only did I get the same rate as the Economy Inn but they were the best customer service representatives I have met and ive been in and out of the customer service world for 15 years. Just the fact how friendly and helpful they were at 3 AM blew my mind. Definitly went above and beyond the normal job description and from the bottom of my heart and my families....Thank you very much!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dan J, General Manager at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you had to go though all that to find us here. We look forward to taking care of your lodging needs in the future. Thank you again for your kind words and thank you for your service to our great nation.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

For the price, it is about what I expected. Our bed was comfortable. The 4 standard size pillows on a king bed were lacking. Chair in the room had a stain on the seat. Breakfast was okay.

Downside: made our reservation through bookings.com. 2 rooms - one with a king bed, the other with 2 queens - CONFIRMED. However, during check-in we were advised that there was no room available with 2 queens AND that they didn't reserve "type" of room through bookings.com. Huh. So why did I get a confirmation then??
Next, there was some type of convention on Saturday. They had the ballroom with music until 2:00 am. LOTS of loud bass. After that was shut down, here came all of the drunk people. A bunch of drunk girls were arguing right outside our door. That was lovely...not. Why did the hotel allow music until 2:00 a.m.?????

Room Tip: Tip - ask if they're having any conventions there before you make a reservation.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dan J, General Manager at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. On a rare occasion due to unforeseen circumstances outside of our control, we are unable to ensure your requested room type, and I do apologize for this. I agree that you should have been informed about the big banquet party that weekend, moving forward front desk will call all reservations made on such days to inform them of the events occurring that may be a problem. Again, thank you for your feed back, good or bad it helps us make improvements for a better stay for our next guest and hopefully for your next stay. We hope you give us another chance.
Vicksburg, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I and two other couples all booked rooms for the weekend and none of us got any rest. The first night there were children above our room that were tossing things from the balcony and there was noise in the halls the entire night. As the room doors to not fully reach the floor - there is nothing to quieten the noise from the halls. No sleep first night - hoped for better night on the following night. It was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. There were several different motorcycle groups that were having a party at the hotel that night. The first floor was a complete fog, about everything other room had a strong odor of marijuana coming from it, there was loud rap music being played all along the first, second and third floors until almost daylight. The entire hotel was trashed the next morning. The hallways were scattered with litter, the potted trees at the front entrances had been uprooted and burned. Someone had used our patio for a urinal.

We had gone to the local walmart and purchased ear plugs in hopes of getting some sleep on that second night. They did not help. There were people in the hallways until 3:00 am that were extremely loud.

Nothing was being done to keep the rowdy guests quiet.

The breakfast was not too bad on Saturday morning, but I am not sure what happened on Sunday morning, it was not edible. Eggs and potatoes tasted like they were spoiled.

There did not seem to be quite enough staff to keep everything working properly. But the ones that were there were very polite.

This was my first and last stay at this facility. One of the couples with us had stayed there over the past couple of years and had some problems and were guaranteed that it would never happen again due to new management. This is also their last stay at this facility.

Room Tip: stay at another facility
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dan J, General Manager at Quality Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Quality Hotel & Conference Center. I would like to start by apologizing for the behavior and actions of the guest we had this past weekend. I can assure you this is not the case every weekend. I feel terrible that you had this experience and hope you would reconsider your decision not to return. If you do change your mind, please ask for me, Dan Juarez, and I will assure you a pleasant and memorable stay the next time around. Again, please accept my most sincerest apologies.

Been to Quality Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!