“Not a bad stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Texas
“Not a bad stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Sister and I stayed here recently as it was close to medical facility where she was having a procedure. The hotel was clean and rooms a nice size. Check in was easy enough but upon check out there was no one to be found just a sign saying they'd be back. We didn't make breakfast so won't comment there. The bed was very comfortable and I slept find although sister didn't sleep at all because of nearby train sounds. The bathroom had the very bare necessities of soap, shampoo and conditioner and a coffee maker. There was also a small fridge in the room which was nice to keep our drinks in. All in all I probably would choose a different location next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Illusionsphotog,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is delightful to know that our rooms were of comfort for your needs. However, I am sorry that the noise levels were a dissatisfaction and also my apologies that your check out experience was sub standard. We appreciate your feedback and your business. We will use your comments to enhance our efforts.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Best of the rest...i usually stay where the choice is close to where i will be working and in a somewhat clean and safe area of town. Nothing really 'special' here, but good for the stay. Decent location and the hotel was above average for the Holiday inn Express types. Friendly staff and the rooms were good. My stay was for 5 nights. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jackson, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this property for a few years in a row so I booked it again for my vacation. When I showed up I was told my dog would not be allowed in (even after I called to confirm that it would be allowed to). Then I made arrangements for the dog to stay at a friends in town. When I came back they had cancelled my reservation. They made no effort to fix this and I ended up having to cancel my vacation and head home.

I stay at holiday inns whenever I can( I travel 36 weeks a year and am a platinum member) but this has put a bad taste in my mouth. Wish they would make it right.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Matt J,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and writing us a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sincerely sorry that you were disappointed with this particular visit due to the service received from our staff. Rest assured that this issue will be forwarded to the appropriate departments so that they can continuously improve on their efforts.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Business traveler stayed overnight. Despite mixed reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to take a chance due to its good location for my needs. It is clean, quiet, beds comfortable, a/c quiet and efficient, reasonably-priced. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Reading the reviews of this place, (some of them) you would think this place was a real dive. That is not the case. It is in the older part of town, but very close to the interstate, downtown and the locasl medical facilities. I was in town to have treatment for a medical condition, and not only did the hotel extend a special rate for the hospital, the general manager personally picked me up after my visit to the hospital, so I wouldn't have to contend with a taxi. Now that my friends is going above and beyond. The hotel is clean, the staff courteous and the free breakfast is ample.

• Stayed October 2012
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We live and work in Tyler, and this facility has been used by family [on numerous occasions, including recently] and friends [at our suggestion] for many years—and the reasons are simple: the staff is courteous, professional, responsive, and helpful; the rooms are clean and comfortable; the location is convenient to Interstate-20 [6 miles via Hwy. 69], the airport [5 miles], business/shopping areas [close by, as well as in “South Tyler”], restaurants, movies, the excellent Caldwell Zoo. Andy Rooney once spoke in Tyler and said, “Tyler is the longest darn city I’ve ever been in!” That may seem to be true—and this facility is on the north end, adjacent to the helpful Loop-323, which is the main “circle” around Tyler. If you wish more traffic, more congestion, and higher prices, there are several hotels in South Tyler—but we’ll continue to stick with this one!

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club to get room upgrades
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

i really don't know what some people are thinking. This hotel is by far the best Holiday inn express that I have ever stayed in. The staff are clearly treated well, they are all smiling and warm; even the maids were courteous and greeted you as you walked through the halls during the day time. The grounds were well cared for, and though the hotel was clearly aging, it was very, very clean. My room was clean and smelled fresh, and even had a scented oil plug in, in the room. I was so pleased with the cleanliness of the room that I even left a tip for my maid, something I have never done before. I had never been to the area previously so I was at a loss for places to eat and shop and the front desk staff were extremely knowledgeable and provided me excellent recommendations. They even gave me directions to this lovely running trail between two small towns North of the hotel that was absolutely beautiful. Couldn't have possibly asked for more.

Room Tip: If you join their rewards program, you get a complimentary upgrade to a better room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!