“Clean, quiet, comfortable place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Fort Worth, TX
“Clean, quiet, comfortable place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Business traveler stayed overnight. Despite mixed reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to take a chance due to its good location for my needs. It is clean, quiet, beds comfortable, a/c quiet and efficient, reasonably-priced. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Reading the reviews of this place, (some of them) you would think this place was a real dive. That is not the case. It is in the older part of town, but very close to the interstate, downtown and the locasl medical facilities. I was in town to have treatment for a medical condition, and not only did the hotel extend a special rate for the hospital, the general manager personally picked me up after my visit to the hospital, so I wouldn't have to contend with a taxi. Now that my friends is going above and beyond. The hotel is clean, the staff courteous and the free breakfast is ample.

• Stayed October 2012
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We live and work in Tyler, and this facility has been used by family [on numerous occasions, including recently] and friends [at our suggestion] for many years—and the reasons are simple: the staff is courteous, professional, responsive, and helpful; the rooms are clean and comfortable; the location is convenient to Interstate-20 [6 miles via Hwy. 69], the airport [5 miles], business/shopping areas [close by, as well as in “South Tyler”], restaurants, movies, the excellent Caldwell Zoo. Andy Rooney once spoke in Tyler and said, “Tyler is the longest darn city I’ve ever been in!” That may seem to be true—and this facility is on the north end, adjacent to the helpful Loop-323, which is the main “circle” around Tyler. If you wish more traffic, more congestion, and higher prices, there are several hotels in South Tyler—but we’ll continue to stick with this one!

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club to get room upgrades
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

i really don't know what some people are thinking. This hotel is by far the best Holiday inn express that I have ever stayed in. The staff are clearly treated well, they are all smiling and warm; even the maids were courteous and greeted you as you walked through the halls during the day time. The grounds were well cared for, and though the hotel was clearly aging, it was very, very clean. My room was clean and smelled fresh, and even had a scented oil plug in, in the room. I was so pleased with the cleanliness of the room that I even left a tip for my maid, something I have never done before. I had never been to the area previously so I was at a loss for places to eat and shop and the front desk staff were extremely knowledgeable and provided me excellent recommendations. They even gave me directions to this lovely running trail between two small towns North of the hotel that was absolutely beautiful. Couldn't have possibly asked for more.

Room Tip: If you join their rewards program, you get a complimentary upgrade to a better room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lake Geneva, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The only redeeming factor this hotel had was the breakfast. For a free breakfast they had a lot of hot entrées to choose from. But the staff was rude, slow and the cleaning service was horrible. We had a lamp without a bulb which we called on several times and still never got a bulb for. A broken phone that never got replaced even after numerous calls and a trip to the front desk. Our towels never got replenished correctly, often times only giving us 1 bath towel, there were 2 of us staying in that room. If they ever vacuumed our room, you couldn't tell. The dust in the room was horrible! The toilet had a mind of its own, often flushing when no one was in the bathroom. There was a spill in the main lobby that was there for 24 hrs before someone finally cleaned it up. I will never stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
afrank3247, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Good Morning,
We sincerely appreciate your review of our hotel. If we are never told, we can not make the necessary adjustments to prevent the same experience from happening with another guest.
We strive to make every guest feel welcome and at home in our establishment, and when we fall short we are eager to have the opportunity to know where our shortcomings are. I apologize that your experience was not up to your standards, and would appreciate the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.
Respectfully,
LeAnne Stanton
General Mangager
Vermontville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have to admit I was very worried when I arrived at first since it did look a little sketchy, but all of those feelings went away the moment I checked in. The front desk people greeted my family and I with a friendly smile, and helped make sure that all of our needs were met. Holiday Inns are by far the best hotels I've ever stayed! Their beds were so soft and comfortable which is more than I can say about most hotels and housekeeping did a good job of making sure our towels were stocked and rooms were kept clean. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor is the floor to be! Close to everything.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on points, but looked at price for stay, it seems it would have been nicer than it was. I've stayed at nicer holiday inns. I'll try the other holiday inns if instay in town next time. Didn't seem employees took pride in this holday inn. Little things we noticed, may not be a deal breaker for some. Floors in elevator and hallways were dirty. When we first walked in we noticed a smell. We think it was bug spray. The entrance seemed dark and cold. Room was ok, nothing special. Had a huge lcd tv, should have used the money from the tv's to better update rooms. In bathroom, You could see where tiles had tried to be replaced bad work. Not sure what schedule front desk had , but the same guy had been at the front desk from the afternoon we checked in until the next afternoon when we checked out. He looked exhausted. He was very nice and tried to help us when we can
It is on the north side of tyler and there were others placed to stay. La quinta or super 8 may be better at the same price.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Abel02,

We appreciate your candid feedback about your stay with us. I would like to thank you, also, for being Priority Club members and for spending your rewards nights with us. We are pleased you liked our room amenities as well as the service from our helpful front desk. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. We will definitely utilize your comments to improve our services for future guest.

I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!