“Very good facilities.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Tyler, Texas
“Very good facilities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Everything was well maintained, clean, and pleasant. The conference room was nice, though could have used some overhead or floor based outlets for use of laptops for business purposes and not require extension cords that become a trip hazard. The outdoor patio area was excellent! Very nice looking and relaxing. The noise from the Loop was pretty minimal. Would recommend to anyone. Good value. It is a little out of the way from some of the major amenities in town, but there are nearby restaurants and if your business is with the university, then it is as good as one can get location wise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
staytyler, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Staybridge Suites around.

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Decatur, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Staybridge worked well with me during my week of class. The rooms were comfortable and had plenty of items to make it work like if I was home. Staff was great. They done a great job welcoming me to Tyler for my first stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
staytyler, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Tyler and for your review. We take pride in taking care of our guests and hope to see you in the near future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Staybridge gracefully accommodated our large group for a week during an intensive week of classes. The property was very clean and tidy, including both the rooms and the conference room. The grounds were very enjoyable ... Loved sitting outside with the happy hour Tuesday through Thursday! Staff was friendly and again, accommodating. Our group will be back due to our schedule, but happy to know that we will be back here and well taken care of.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Spent a week in Tyler for an Executive Masters Program. The accomodations from the suites, meeting room, to the social events are all executive worthy. Pam at the front desk is very helpful and accomodating. Jeff the manager made sure we were comfortable at every turn, was quick to handle and remedy the most minute problem and all with the utmost professionalism. He's also quick with a good restaurant recommendation. I was very pleasantly surprised as I did not expect such lovely accomodations in a small town.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very nice place. Had some problems with the reservation. Apparently there was a disconnect between Kayak and Staybridge. After a go-round of he said/she said with the staff I had to pony up extra to get the room I paid Kayak for. I was traveling with my mother to attend a funeral and they reduced the extra I had to pay because of that. If not for the reservation SNAFU I would rate the place amazing. Very clean and staff was very friendly

Room Tip: The staff suggests you book directly rather than use a third party to avoid problems.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Closter, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Staybridge made my visit to Tyler a delightful experience. I was in Tyler visiting my aunt in the hospital and this hotel gave me a sweet mini vacation in the middle of a difficult experience. From the moment that I contacted them, they bent over backwards to do everything possible to accommodate all my numerous needs. First of all, my flight was very late. I called Staybridge and the receptionist made all the arrangements for a driver to be at the airport to pick me up at 10:00 at night. Each morning Jeff drove me to the front door of the hospital to see my aunt at the time I chose. The room was lovely. I liked the efficient layout. It had everything a person could want - upright refrigerator, dishwasher, dishes etc. The bed was amazing. So comfortable - I did not want to get out of it in the morning. The air-conditioning dial was so easy to use and I could put it at the exact temperature I wanted and it quickly adjusted to the perfect temperature. The closet was large with drawers to keep clothes. The pictures on the walls were very pleasing. All the rooms opened to a beautiful courtyard with a fountain in the middle. Tables were strategically placed on the patio and a very pleasing out-door television was built into a large stone wall. The pool and the hot tub were inviting. I exercised in the fitness room each morning and then ate a delicious breakfast that offered everything from 2 different types of eggs, to waffles, meat and fresh fruit. Each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday they offer a different dinner in a lovely room with windows from floor to ceiling with a fire place. You can eat outside as well. All the meeting areas look lovely.
The best part of all for me was the people. The people were so friendly and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. In fact I bought gift certificates for 2 nights for my cousin.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked good to me!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

cepitts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Found absolutely nothing wrong with this property !!! Staff was very accomodating, especially Jeff who always takes care if us.... We've stayed at a couple of properties in Tyler but this is by far our favorite......This is the place to stay in Tyler !!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

CK Patel

Been to Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area? Share your experiences!