“Marvelous and amazingly accommodating!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Closter, New Jersey
“Marvelous and amazingly accommodating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Staybridge made my visit to Tyler a delightful experience. I was in Tyler visiting my aunt in the hospital and this hotel gave me a sweet mini vacation in the middle of a difficult experience. From the moment that I contacted them, they bent over backwards to do everything possible to accommodate all my numerous needs. First of all, my flight was very late. I called Staybridge and the receptionist made all the arrangements for a driver to be at the airport to pick me up at 10:00 at night. Each morning Jeff drove me to the front door of the hospital to see my aunt at the time I chose. The room was lovely. I liked the efficient layout. It had everything a person could want - upright refrigerator, dishwasher, dishes etc. The bed was amazing. So comfortable - I did not want to get out of it in the morning. The air-conditioning dial was so easy to use and I could put it at the exact temperature I wanted and it quickly adjusted to the perfect temperature. The closet was large with drawers to keep clothes. The pictures on the walls were very pleasing. All the rooms opened to a beautiful courtyard with a fountain in the middle. Tables were strategically placed on the patio and a very pleasing out-door television was built into a large stone wall. The pool and the hot tub were inviting. I exercised in the fitness room each morning and then ate a delicious breakfast that offered everything from 2 different types of eggs, to waffles, meat and fresh fruit. Each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday they offer a different dinner in a lovely room with windows from floor to ceiling with a fire place. You can eat outside as well. All the meeting areas look lovely.
The best part of all for me was the people. The people were so friendly and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. In fact I bought gift certificates for 2 nights for my cousin.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked good to me!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
staytyler, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Staybridge Suites around.

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
cepitts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Found absolutely nothing wrong with this property !!! Staff was very accomodating, especially Jeff who always takes care if us.... We've stayed at a couple of properties in Tyler but this is by far our favorite......This is the place to stay in Tyler !!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Cat Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Staybridge got this right. Family stay (6 in tow) the room (2nd floor) was just right in size, being clean, friendly staff & easy parking, close by to all Tyler has to offer. Really good to see they have an eye for details and our stay was outstanding. I would recommend this as a Family Friendly place and you can get a very good breakfast before starting your day. Good internet, laundry machines should you need it, BBQ's as an option and of course the pool (would prefer an outside pool but everything else makes up for not having this one thing) We will be back. Good job.

Room Tip: I would always go for a upper floor but it would seem who might be staying there ie a team sporting...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I would have to recommend this hotel for business travelers. You have all of the living room and kitchen amenities. They have an outdoor grill and indoor pool. The hotel is nice and clean and still like new. Tripadvisor users are currently rating them the best in Tyler. I probably wouldn't agree with that, but I'm sure being new and clean with suite helps. I personally would pick either the Hilton Garden or the new Marriott Courtyard if I didn't have to have the suite.

Cons:
Ok, I have few cons, but this is Tyler, so you can't expect 5 star hotels.
1. You can hear everything outside your room. There is huge space in the floor under your door to the hallway. The walls also seem to be pretty hollow.
2. The service desk could use a little training. They seem a little uninspired. Maybe they could offer them incentives or something. They don't seem vested in this place.
3. Hot water seems to take way to long to come on. I was sitting wondering if I had turned the dial in the right direction.
4. The air condition unit seems to be fairly cheap. The loud kind that covers the tv volume, and it either stays on too long, or stays off too long.
5. Connecting to the internet is pretty bad, you have to call in for the password, and it disconnects you way too often. They may need to try a different service. I'm surprised they don't get bothered with calls from guest.
6. The location unfortunately is not a prime spot if you want to be near anything. Tyler is not too big, so you can get to most locations in 10 -15 minutes.
7. Breakfast was OK, but they should consider adding french toast or pancakes. Waiting 10-15 minutes at the waffle maker is the only option on busy days.
8. GM walking around in a t-shirt is not a good look. Just saying....

Would I stay hear again. If I had a business meeting here or a really good deal I would.
Would I recommend? To business travelers or families who would like a separate room and kitchen setup. With a nice and clean suite you can't go wrong. Just understand don't expect perfection.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor to avoid some of the noise. It gets bumpy on the below floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
staytyler, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We will try to get the issues resolved that you were concerned about.

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I attended a conference here recently and was quite pleased with this hotel. The room was well appointed and quite comfortable, and the staff was helpful and friendly. I especially enjoyed the abundant breakfast selection and the evening "snack" offerings.

• Stayed June 2013

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights on a business trip. My girlfriend came along, and stayed at the hotel during the day. Was very nice and safe, with a very pleasant demographic of business people and families staying there. The facilities were great - decent indoor pool, beautiful patio with BBQs and an outdoor TV. Rooms were nice and new with lots of space and everything you need for an extended stay.

Hotel staff was great - very friendly and helpful. They even remembered my name after the first day or two.

Would highly recommend staying here.

Only downside is that there isn't anything within walking distance, so a car is a MUST. For most people, this won't be a problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
staytyler, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area, responded to this review, July 3, 2013

Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The halls and rooms had better sound barrier. The floor in my room shook when kids ran up and down the halls and when the room doors close by were allowed to slam,

This hotel is immaculate though; it is just like an efficiency apartment. The noise in the hallways with kids hollering and running up and down was inconvenient when I was trying to work and be on a conference call in my room, and also I was woken up at 1:45 a.m with kids running, laughing and hollering and room doors slamming. After 45 minute of intermittent loud noise I finally called the front desk. They took care of it. I will say though it was a Friday - Saturday stay for me and there were families traveling.

There are many great common areas, indoor pool and jacuzzi. FREE on-site laundry. They do require you use high efficiency detergent though which is $2.50 a package and will do 2 loads. Workout room is one of the better one's I have seen. There are games and DVDs available for free check out.

Outside has a great common area with gas grills, fireplace and television, Gazebo for quiet conversation and fountain as a great centerpiece for it all.

Things to note: Free breakfast and Monday - Thursday evening mixer to keep you out of your rooms, light housekeeping if you are staying less than a week (unless requested) NO housekeeping on the weekends except for the rooms that need turned over for new customers.

Full size coffeemaker, fridge with ice-maker, cook top, microwave, dishes and dishwasher bring your favorite food or pick up microwave meal from the pantry in the lobby.

Final note: Management could assure staff is better trained and feel confident. Staff seemed frazzled, uncertain of themselves and kept repeating it was crazy because they were fully booked. They also kept apologizing, but there wasn't really anything to apologize about.

There was only one other customer checking in when I checked in and all of the rooms had already been assigned with keys made. All they had to do was grab the appropriate paper, swipe your card and input your info. My info was already in since I made the reservation through my rewards account. It made things feel unnecessarily stressful with no reason for it.

Room Tip: I would say stay on the top floor on one of the far ends if possible. The floor would shake in my r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We will work to get the issues taken care of.

CK Patel

Been to Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area? Share your experiences!