“Very late arrival, not so friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Tyler
Wisconsin
“Very late arrival, not so friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was my second stay at this Courtyard and the service was not as good as the last stay. The young man who was at the desk barely greeted us, and breezed through our check in process super fast, but I felt like we annoyed him for some reason, he was just not that friendly. We were not looking to chit chat, we had an extremely long travel day and it was very late, but feeling a bit more welcomed would have been nice. We were literally there 6 hours, so I cannot comment on the amenities, but the room was nice, beds comfortable, it served the purpose. There was something mechanical near my room (not ice machine, or elevator) that kept running and whirring all night, so it was a bit distracting. The last time I stayed here I couldn't wait to return. This time was just "meh".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CourtyardTylerSales, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear wisgirl01,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We sincerely apologize for the customer service you received during this past stay and for the distracting noise near your room. Please know that providing excellent customer service is extremely important to us and we will be sure to address it with the appropriate team member and have our Chief Engineer take a look at the area by your room. We would love to see you on your next trip to Tyler and please feel free to contact the hotel management directly when making your reservation. Thank you again for the feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Ok, after reading the reviews I was tentative about my stay here even after a nice stay last year. Turns out my stay was great. I got a free upgrade with Silver status, the room was large and clean. The beds were really comfortable and the shower was great. We were one room away from the elevators and did not hear a thing. There were painting crews all over the second floor but no issue for us. FYI - we used Marriott points to book this room.

There WAS free coffee in the lobby that I really enjoyed, glad the ownership put that back in place. The Starbucks coffee was great for my wife and daughter and the lady behind the counter even offered to help me take the cups back to my room.

Not sure why people have had issues with the staff. My approach whether staying at the Ritz or Motel 6 is always check in with a smile and something nice to say and 100% of the time I have had a good experience including the Courtyard by Marriott in Tyler, TX.

Room Tip: Smile and be nice when you check in, I always seem to have great experiences where others have been...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardTylerSales, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Rick6927,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us! We are glad to hear that your family had a great stay & glad to hear you're a returning guest as well! We do currently have a few areas that we are remodeling the hotel for the better to improve our valued guests stays with us and thank you for your patience with us during the process.
We do still offer the Starbucks coffee as well as the complimentary coffee & water located in the lobby by the business center. We'll be sure to share your feedback with our staff and thanks for being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member with us...we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tyler!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Okay I was scared to stay here after reading all the poor reviews, but everything else in Tyler was sold out. It is quite a nice hotel. Granted the staff could use better management, but all in all I had a good stay.
I think most people are expecting free coffee and breakfast these days, so it would behoove this hotel to at least offer the free coffee at $189 a night.
I paid for coffee each morning and the MOST irritating issue was the Starbucks closed at 9:30 AM. WTH??? If I have to pay for it, you should stay open all morning....

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Extensive Travels,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us - we appreciate the comments!
While we do have Starbucks coffee available for purchase in our Bistro, we also have free coffee & water in the lobby for all of our guests. On your next stay with us - please feel free to ask Front Desk to point you in the right direction of the free coffee located by the business center in the lobby. We are glad to hear that you had a good stay with us & we hope to see you on your next trip to Tyler!
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Attractive new facility. Room was huge. Close to several restaurants. Exercise facility was meager. Because of too few guests, had run out of in-room coffee. With attention to upkeep, such as repairing the bathroom door, it will be a first class hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear T L,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to have our Housekeeping & Chief Engineer look at the bathroom door to correct the issue. We hope to see you on your next trip to Tyler!
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I like the Courtyard by Marriott. Our room as nice but lacked water pressure in the shower but the disappointment came in the morning. You use to get free Starbucks coffee in the lobby but I was told they stopped, what? It's the small things that make a stay most chain can deliver a clean room but sometimes it is the little things that make a stay nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear mfiegel,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us! We will be sure to have our Chief Engineer look at the water pressure with the shower. We do have Starbucks available to our guests, but also have free coffee in the lobby. It's located by the business center in the middle of the lobby - on your next stay, please feel free to ask Front Desk where it's located so you can be sure to get you a cup of coffee! Thank you again for your feedback - we appreciate it!
Willoughby, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Got in late they had given our room away. Did notify do to airport problems reason for late arrival. To them let's look ..oh here. Breakfast no good morning happy see ya just want can I get ya! Leaving no goodbye have a safe one. It was the most unfriendly staff.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Eileen A,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are disappointed to hear that you didn't receive the warm & friendly Texas hospitality you expect to receive. We appreciate your feedback and can assure you this has been addressed with our staff as providing excellent customer service is our goal!
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The sleeping rooms were nice - clean, quiet, comfortable. But the hospitality was lacking. I was not greeted with any kind of "hello" or "how was your trip?" and once I got my key, the agent looked at me with a blank stare. The rest of the time, there was no one at the front desk any time I went by there. I always had to knock on the office door or go find someone. My meeting set up did not happen as promised. Apparently the person who was supposed to do this never came in. To their credit, all the staff - about 3 people - scrambled and took care of things. But I never saw anyone for the rest of the day. The food was catered from the outside and our special requests had been ignored. We froze, too, even though we asked for a change in air conditioning repeatedly. Plus there was no soap in the bathrooms! I'd never have another meeting of any size there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Maggi M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent event & stay with us! Providing excellent customer service is a top priority for us and want to ensure that all guests enjoy their stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that this was not the case in your stay and have communicated the issues with our staff members. Without your feedback, we wouldn't have the opportunity to improve our guests overall satisfaction and experience - thank you again for your feedback!

Been to Courtyard Tyler? Share your experiences!