“Outstanding Quality” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tyler, Texas
“Outstanding Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Our company recently reserved hotel and conference rooms at this location. After the first training class we held there, we were very surprised. The out-of-town guests stated that the service was fabulous and they were always there if a problem arose. They, also, informed us
that this is the hotel they now wanted to stay when traveling to Tyler. We have held 2 classes there and just reserved a week there for another training class. I can't say enough about the staff. So very helpful and accomodating. Great location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardTylerSales, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear B C,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in January! We appreciate your compliments regarding your experience with the guest rooms and meeting rooms. We certainly strive to ensure that all guests receive the best customer service & are so glad to hear that your group did! Thanks again and we are looking forward to your next event with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Gulf Breeze, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were pleasantly pleased with our stay here in Tyler, while attending a wedding at the Centaur Arabian Farms in Flint, TX. The less than positive comments were not true for us. The couple arranged for a bridal discount and although there was no free breakfast served, it could be purchase for a price and enjoyed in a lovely lobby area. Free Lobby coffee was not available, but did offer Starbucks coffee and we found the BEST Panera Bread Company up South Broadway. There was a lovely outside fire pit for evening socializing! Apparently the Zoo in Tyler is excellent!

Room Tip: Quieter in rooms away from roadway, hard to find with MapQuest directions but right on main road, wo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
gb7ihla, Thank you for sharing your experience in this great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and happy we were able to have you here with us. We love hearing from our guests, and hope to have you back with us in Tyler soon! Safe travels!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The first night the AC must have been on! We had the heat turned up to 80 in the room and still freezing. On Saturday morning, I had to leave early, around 5am, and none of the parking lights were on. Very dark and scary in the parking lot...room could have been cleaner in my opinion. We had to stop the cleaning cart in the hall as there were not enough towels, no extra toilet paper and only one klenax left in the box. The bathroom door did not close completely due to a tile piece in between the hall and bath.

The downstairs facilities seemed nice and there was a fire pit outside that seemed always lit. No noise from other rooms. Plenty of food choices nearby as well as shopping. Mini fridge was small inside and there was a microwave.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TTJFamily, Thank you for staying with us during your time in Tyler, and letting us know of your stay. It's unfortunate to hear we did not exceed your expectations, and failed to maintain your room to Marriott standards. Please accept my apologies. I have addressed your concerns with our staff to ensure this is fixed immediately, and does not cause issues with other guests. I hope to see you again here at Courtyard Tyler. Safe Travels!
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have stayed at a number of Courtyards over the years and did not find this one to be up to the standard of the others. While it was okay, it was not what I have come to expect. Our room did not have any toiletries when we arrived. When I called the desk, the desk clerk asked if I could come down and pick up the toiletries since she was the only one on duty. When we went for breakfast the next morning, we found the menu to be somewhat limited and decided to eat elsewhere. The desk clerk was very courteous and apologetic. Certainly this is not a bad hotel but it is not what i expect from a Marriott hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
redoldsman, Thank you for your review and for staying with us during your time in Tyler. My apologies for your stay not being exemplary, as we strive to ensure each guest has a great experience. We failed to meet your expectations and that is not acceptable. I hope we can earn your trust and business, and have you stay with us when your travels bring you to Tyler again.
West Monroe, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and her sister recently spent the night in Tyler Texas at the Courtyard Tyler,..

My sister-in-law, made the reservation a week or so ahead of time, for a double full or queen, was given the rate, and when they arrived, that room was not available, they had to take a single King, and it cost more than before, ... when they were getting ready to leave the next morning, they found the Coffee Pot was broken, and did not have a filter basket. The Air Conditioner could not be set by the thermostat, and ran all night. When my wife contacted the Courtyard the next day, the manager was not there, (but the message would be passed along for her to return the call), My wife called the next day, with the same answer, on the third day, she left her complaint, which included the fact that they never received their senior discount, and so far, a month later... still no answer... just a plain bad experience.

Room Tip: Make sure your reservation and rate is honored!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Revbh- It's unfortunate to hear you and your family did not have an exemplary stay here at Courtyard Tyler, as we strive to insure each and every guest is well taken care of and given world class Marriott Service. I'm unclear as to why we would not have the initial reservation available at check-in, and would like to look into this further. For the coffee maker- Courtyards have a nontraditional coffee pot, where the coffee, filter, and tray are a disposable "all-in-one" and located in the coffee package itself. I'm also sorry to hear the thermostat was not working properly. We have maintenance staff on property that would have been glad to address this- if we were made aware of it during your stay. Most importantly, you deserve to hear from management about issues such as these, and our communication was lacking. If you were to contact me personally, I'd love to speak with you and rectify this to earn your repeat loyalty. -Joshua Kale, Director of Sales
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed in some really bad places in Tyler, but this Courtyard is great. It is in a good location near restaurants and such. The hotel is new, our room was clean and comfortable. I have had good luck with Courtyards and this is no exception.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
BKAG04, Thank you for staying with us during your time in Tyler, and for this wonderful review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to having you and your family here with us again soon! Safe Travels!
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was very excited to stay in this hotel because it is new so my expectations were high. Check in was fast, she did not tell us what our room number was or how to get there, but we drove all the way around and decided to go in lobby entrance and look at our key to see what room we were in. Being that it was my husbands birthday he wanted to treat us to a nice stay and so he got the room with the jacuzzi in it . I was even more excited, I love Jacuzzi baths. The room was huge loved it!
We arrived at 9:00 pm I was very tired and wanted to get in the tub! I did my normal inspection of the room. I checked the tub to see if it was clean. Upon inspection I found redish blonde curly little hairs (I will let you imagine what region of the body they came from) and the tub looked like someone had stood in it and there was dirt on the floor in front of tub. After seeing the tub I pulled the covers back on the bed to make sure there was no hair on them and that they were clean and they did look clean. I went down to the front desk while my husband was showering in the nice big shower (he later told me there was hair in the shower too) and I talked to the girl at the front desk and asked her if she had any cleaner so I could clean the tub and she said that I shouldn't have to do that so she came up later and sprayed some cleaner in it and wiped it down. She did not rinse anything off. I did not expect her to get all up in there and clean it since she was working the front desk and I offered again because I was going to bathe after anyway, but no she did what she did and left. While she was cleaning I noticed that my side of the night table had a sticky glass ring on it and that was just it for me. I looked again before running my water and sure enough there was hair on the ledge all around the tub, she had just cleaned inside it ...so I took a wash rag and water running and cleaned it myself. That was such a let down... As we left that morn walking down the hall there were a couple of maids already working rooms and one was standing in the hall and as I walked by her she smelt sour...I think they will be a great hotel if they can get the cleaning staff properly monitored and check their work! Meanwhile this has caused me to remember to bring my Clorox wipes for my hotel stays!

Room Tip: always check the sheets and bathroom!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth W, Thank you for staying with us here at Courtyard Tyler. I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay with us. We failed to offer a stay that you expect and deserve from a Marriott. I have discussed your experience with our Executive Housekeeper to insure this does not happen again. I hope you will allow us to serve you again the next time you're in Tyler. We look forward to seeing you again and providing a great hotel experience.

Been to Courtyard Tyler? Share your experiences!