“New, nice Courtyard” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Tyler
Dallas, Texas
“New, nice Courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stay here several times a year on business. The hotel is quite new and a nice, typical Courtyard. The only downside is that it is on the far end of the town, so depending on where you want to go in Tyler, it could actually be a 20-30 minute drive (seems like a lot for the size of the town). Pricing is reasonable and the services/amenities are fairly standard by Courtyard. There are several restaurants nearby (some within walking distance). There is also a movie theatre across the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Travel159549, Thank you so much for staying with us during your trip to Tyler, and for this great review. It's wonderful to hear about our guests' enjoyable stays. I'm glad we were given the opportunity to provide world class Marriott service, and hope to see you with us again soon! Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a great choice for us when we go to Tyler. The location is good, the hotel is fairly new and the amenities are typical, nice enough for the class of hotel. I like the re-designed lounge-restaurant area, although the banquette-style "cubbies" in the eating area are getting a little worn looking after only a few years.

The staff has always been helpful and welcoming. My room was quiet, even though I had neighbors. Beds are comfy, A/C works almost too well. I kept it off during the day when I was working in the room (in July!) and only turned it on at bedtime. I set it at about 76-78 which gave the room the feel of 70.

It's got nice workspace in the room as well, and the lounge-restaurant area was a great place to work during the mornings. Nice that the "cubbies" have power outlets for your electronics.

Room Tip: Ask the desk staff for your particular preferences, they're very helpful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Tex4n, thank you so much for your wonderful review. I'm so glad you stayed with us and enjoyed your time here. I will be sure to share your remarks with our staff, who genuinely care for our guests and takes pride in providing the best service possible. It's always great to hear that guests enjoy our lobby and all the new technology that Marriott has put in to its Courtyard brand. Again, we're so glad to have had you here with us and definitely look forward to seeing you again. Safe Travels.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a very nice stay. Chose this hotel because friends we were traveling with stayed here. The property is fairly new, convenient but in a quiet location. Comfortable, clean and well furnished. The rooms were large and comfortable. A/C works great! The staff was helpful and they have nice bistro in the lobby. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Robbie H, Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad we were able to have you and your friends with us while traveling. We want to provide nothing but the absolute best for our guests, and I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are greatly appreciative of this great review, and look forward that having ya'll back soon! Safe Travels!
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a very nice Courtyard - seems very new. I was concerned about the ability to control the thermostat (a common issue in hotels) since it was near 100, but was happy to see that I could keep the room nice and cool. The rooms are nicely designed and have all you need. It's a great option if you are in the Tyler area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
WJ2011, thank you for staying with us during your time in Tyler. I'm so glad we were able to serve you. We make every attempt to exceed our guests' expectations, especially during the hot Texas summer. We are celebrating our 3rd year anniversary this month, and hope to have the hotel looking and feeling new years from now. Thank you again for your great review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Spent two nights here while on business with my husband. Staff welcomed me back. Gave us our room on the 4th floor close to the elevator. Room was cool and clean when we came in from the hot 95 degree Texas heat. I love their light summer coverlets on the beds. This room has everything that we need; fast internet, large flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, nice computer friendly desk with comfy chair and best "sleeping" beds ever. I could find nothing at all to complain about this stay. We come to Tyler often and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad we were able to take care of you and your husband while you were in Tyler. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the beds and that our staff were able to make your stay the best possible. We look forward to having you again and hope to see you soon!
San Dimas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here for business and couldn't have been happier. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable as mentioned in other reviews. I like the Bistro in the lobby that provides breakfast ideas and the fitness center as well. But what I will remember most is the helpfulness of the staff. Everyone from the front desk, conference services, maintenance and maids. Everyone was so nice and approachable. It made for a very pleasant stay and it does make a difference.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Alominac, Thank you so much for staying with us here at Courtyard Tyler, and for this wonderful review. We love to hear about our guests' experiences and I will be sure to share your review with the staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed our Bistro and service. We know it's the little touches that make a difference and that's why we strive to provide world class Marriott service. I hope to see you back soon! Safe Travels!
Crossett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Dallas this weekend and had a most comfortable stay. The beds are exceptionally comfortable and the rooms are spacious. Friendly staff ready to help!!! The rooms are clean and the lobby has lots of room for family gatherings. It is well located near restaurants, movies and shopping. I just wish movies could be rented at this facility. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Gran7, I'm so glad to have had you and your husband with us while traveling to Dallas. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we're so happy to read this wonderful review. Every guest deserves outstanding service and we work very diligently to provide this each and every time. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon..on the return trip!

Been to Courtyard Tyler? Share your experiences!