“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Tyler
San Antonio, Texas
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Conveniently located, friendly staff, rooms very clean and well decorated.
Beds very confortable. Shower was great !. Unfortunately does not offer breakfast in the price. The food in the Bistro is quite good. Free Coffee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
OpsMgrCourtyardTyler, Manager at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your travels to Tyler. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you come again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lantana, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Couryard in Tyler and had a great experience. Loved the modern style. Would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ashley, thank you for your great comments regarding our hotel. Please stay again during your next trip to Tyler.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I just called the Marriott Courtyard in Tyler, TX and spoke to Kiffany. I have been a loyal customer and member of the Marriott going on 7 years. She must have been the most unprofessional, inappropriate, rude and inconsiderate staff member I have ever spoken to. She was screaming to me by the end of the conversation. I think Marriott may want to re evaluate who they have answering their phone calls. If you cannot be pleasant on that first initial call, you will lose much business.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ms. Diana, I want to sincerely apologize for the customer serivce that you encountered during a recent phone conversation with one of my staff. I assure you that this is not the normal customer service that we offer our guests and necessary precautions have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again. Please, do consider us for your future reservations when traveling to Tyler.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here when going to the trade days in Canton. I chose Courtyard because I have always had great experiences with Marriott hotels in the past. I was highly disappointed this time. The first 2 rooms they gave us were dirty- the first was being used by maintenance with tools and extension cords spread about, and the second had not been cleaned- half empty water bottles on table and nightstand, used soap and disposable razors in the shower. The third room was an "upgrade", meaning it had a whirlpool tub. Nice, but this room had issues too. The tv only had the basic channels, not HBO, CNN, and other channels that they advertised. The water pressure was spotty at best, the whirlpool tub we had been "upgraded" to was noisy and the drain plug didn't hold water, and when we turned down the sheets, we found several small BLOOD stains on the sheets. There was also a large stain on the carpet. Keep in mind this hotel is only a couple years old. The only positive I can say is the bathroom was clean. When checking out, I found out this hotel isn't even owned by Marriott- it's a franchise. All I can say is the Courtyard in Tyler, Tx gives Marriott hotels a huge black eye. For the price, I expect a certian level of cleanliness and professionalism. I would also expect a continental breakfast. I will definitely re evaluate my past loyalty to Marriott.

Room Tip: If traveling in Tyler, Tx., stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great experience, new hotel with a modern feel. Reasonably priced, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Daniel, thank you for staying with us during your trip to Tyler. We are please to know that you will be a repeat guest and we look forward to seeing you again!
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

As a patent litigator, I am often in Tyler. I love Tyler, and I love this hotel. It is a home away from home. The staff could not be more helpful. The facility is a cut above any other Courtyard in which I have stayed, and is better than anyplace else in Tyler (with the Hilton Garden Inn in second place).

I have only one complaint from my most recent visit: The business center could easily be better. There are at least three computers (all PCs) with three printers -- but only one of the printers was working, and toner was low on that one. Moreover, the computers are souped up with weird Marriott software that made what should have been a simple task of printing a 30 page Powerpoint impossible and necessitated a late-night run to Kinkos. To the hotel I would note: There is no need for the special software. Just give us a normal PC running Windows, and a normal Mac, and maintain the printers, and everything will go more smoothly.

Still, I love this place and will miss it (until a new trial is ordered in our case).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Tyler in late April and found it to be just what i needed during a stressful time. The king room was large, clean and beautifully decorated. However, i think you have to request the executive size room, as i was shown another room that was much smaller which i did not accept. It came w microwave and small fridge. The desk area and chair were really user friendly and i managed to do a lot of work. Did not like the lack of a closet--they use a piece of furnitiure as the closet, rather than a built in one. Capacity was really limited. Like most courtyards, food is limited, but there are several restaurants near by, including a great hamburger place across the parking lot. I recommend it.

Room Tip: There are larger and smaller king rooms. Request a larger or executive room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard Tyler? Share your experiences!