“I travel for my job!!So I want to say this Travelodge in...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tyler TX

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Tyler TX to your Saves list
Travelodge Tyler TX
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Mineola Highway, Tyler, TX 75702 (Formerly Tyler Texas Lodging)   |
Ranked #27 of 32 hotels in Tyler

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
mckinney, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked this hotel because the pictures online looked decent, and it was the lowest price around. (besides motel-6). It was 20 minutes from the University of Tyler, where we were attending a function, so rather far. When we arrived to check-in, the front desk lady was not friendly at all—just rude. She gave us our room key and directed us to the room. When we pulled up to the room, (after driving around an entire dilapidated building, with broken windows, and many other rooms with trashed/torn drapes), two men who appear to live there permanently were hanging over the rail over our room watching us. The men were shirtless, and looked like drug dealers. While I didn't like the looks of it, we put our bags in the room and left for the afternoon. Our room was a non-smoking room, but reeked heavily of smoke! When we came back later, first we were approached by a panhandler as I was getting out of my car. Then, the same men who were hanging off the rail earlier, were there. The front desk lady was petting somebody's puppy who was lying in the parking lot. The puppy owner scooped up the dog and drove off, and the front desk lady ran back to the lobby. A lady upstairs started screaming at her toddler, cussing. My 8-year old son was scared to death, and he refused to come out of the car. He hid in the back, under the seat and begged to go elsewhere to stay. Neither of us felt safe, so we drove away and found a different place to stay at (even though this was totally paid for)! Sadly, the room did look updated inside...but we would not have slept at all, fearing for our safety, and wondering if our car would be broken into. This place is disgusting, and appears to be habitated by jobless local thugs. Do not stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We checked in at night after a long drive and the room was what you would expect for $40/night. What was unexpected, however, was the cockroach that crawled on us in the morning to wake us up, and the six other cockroaches that we found underneath our luggage on the floor (not to mention the dozens outside our room, feasting at the dumpster parked right beside the guest-rooms).

We alerted the front desk, who said they would let Vik, the General Manager, know and that he would take care of it. He never called. We called back 5 times to get a hold of him and left messages each time. He was either at lunch, on the phone, or out of town and never spoke to us. After a few days, the reception simply hung up as soon as we asked for Vik.

After dealing with Travelodge's Corporate Customer Service branch and filing a formal complaint, Vik offered to refund us 10% (4$). We refused and Travelodge increased the refund to 50% (the equivalent of about $1 back for each cockroach in our room). This process took 2 weeks to deal with and resulted in an unsatisfactory resolution.

There are plenty of hotels in Tyler, and surely none of the others are as poorly run or as poorly maintained as the Travelodge Tyler.

I would highly recommend staying anywhere but here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nowata, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Wow!!! When we first arrived in Tyler after a 6-7 hr drive we called to ensure our bookings since it was later in the evening when getting there. Together we had 5 rooms reserved and PAID for. Out of the five rooms only 2 were booked and waiting, fortunately one of them was mine. So, we went to the hotel to see what was going on and how to fix this problem being we had being the other parties had nowhere else to stay and we had car pooled to Texas. Upon arrival the lady at the front desk was absolutely rude with a terrible attitude, acted as if she didn't care what was going on, it was just too bad. She told us we could get another room for a higher rate then what was already paid for... What? We then asked to speak to the manager at the time... We were told there was no manager on site and no way to get a hold of the manager we would have to see him at a later time or call hotels.com/travelodge.com to resolve this issue. A customer who just happened to be in the lobby stated the manager was outside in the back to which he took us directly to him. We let him know our frustration and basically it was the same story as the lady at the desk. Too bad! Come to find out the "other rooms for higher rate" weren't even available. However, they ended up staying at another hotel. Next, when we finally came back to the room that night after visiting my room had no working heat and it was in the 40's that night, no light bulbs in the lamp, no working phone, but my main concern was the HEAT bc the door had a crack all the way up I could see outside. The other party that was with us had only scalding hot water in the bathroom. How do you shower with that? So, I called on my cell phone to the front desk to report these problem in which this shift the lady was as helpful as possible due to the situation and sent a manager up. He came up and looked at the situation and notified us that the room we were in wasn't even supposed to have anyone staying in. REALLY? This is what I paid money for like everyone else. He said all he could do was maybe offer us another blanket that was as thin as a curtain and room us different the next night. He would also see about maybe a refund... A few more days, it will be a month and I am still calling about my refund!!! To top it all off, we were supposed to have complimentary breakfast... no breakfast. Also, it was very trashy outside! This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth! I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER TRAVELODGE! Granted they may not all be like this, but I'm not taking my chances!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Tyler TX? Share your experiences!