“Best Place In Town” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Orange, Texas
“Best Place In Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel 2+ days a week for over 1 year. The staff & management are awesome. The hotel is extremely clean from walking in the lobby, the breakfast area and the rooms. They also have guest appreciation every Tue & Wed evening.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our guest reception and thank you for you weekly return. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We now have stayed in this Country Inn and Suites a few times and over-all rate the experience above average. Remember this is a Country Inn and Suites and not the Four Seasons, but the beds are nice, the bathrooms are nicely setup, and the breakfasts are above average for an included breakfast. The pool is average for this price point.

Now the rest of the story. Tyler Texas is the home to a number of good BBQ places, antique stores, and of course the world famous Tyler roses. Old Tyler has many stylish homes and in the Holiday Season a nice home tour. And a number of nice restaurants in the area near the hotel.

Remember this hotel is on the south side of Tyler a few miles away from the Interstate.

So while we would rate the Inn on the lower side of a 4 and maybe a 3, the total experience that this a solid 4.

Room Tip: The suites are nicer than the regular rooms. If you are going to stay more than two nights the suit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our property and all that we have to off. We value and look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had a great spacious double queen room on the 2nd floor. The beds and pillows were very comfy. Nice roomy bathroom with large sink area and great water shower pressure. Even had a little fridge in our room to keep our drinks cold and put our leftovers in. Great free breakfast in the morning that includes both hot and cold items. Free fresh baked cookies in the afternoon too! Hotel is set back off the road so have to be really looking for the sign. If coming from the north you have to make a u-turn to get to hotel. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. No real downsides to this hotel other than rooms are not completely soundproof especially when a large number of women are coming down the hall together. They ended up in the room right next to us and we could hear most of their conversation until they quieted down. Thank goodness it wasn't past ten o'clock yet or we might have had to complain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Clean spacious rooms. In town to complete a vehicle repossession, and needed to get some shut eye. This hotel was homey from the moment I walked in. Staff were very friendly. Extral large room. Walk in shower (yea!) In a large bathroom. Worth the money. Wifi works well :-). Had coffee maker too (must have for early morning start).

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We thank you for your review on our hotel and the wonderful stay you had. My team and I STRIVE to give the best at home feeling we can. When you are ever in the area again we hope that you choose our property because we would love to have you return.

Thank you again!
Gibraltar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Only stayed at this location in order to use some Club Carlson award points and the city was close to Dallas airport wher I needed to be on the next day. The location was not hard to find, even when located way from the Interstate, and had plenty of parking spaces available. On the late afternoon of my arrival, I had severe troubles accessing the internet, a reset performed by the front desk employee was futile. In the evening, I spotted a few ants on my desk. Being exhausted, I ignored it and got rid of them. The next morning, I was unable to ignore it anymore since I found dozens and dozens of these creatures in the bathroom, on and near the coffee tray, on the desk and yes, even in bed. That was just sheer horror! Although I had foreseen to stay for yet another hour or two in my room, I packed my bags immediately to leave this hotel at once.
At the front desk, I asked for the manager and when he showed up, I showed him an empty coffee cup with a dozen of those ants in it, collected from near the coffee tray. He acknowledged my complaint, apologized, offered me a refund and I made him promise that no other people would stay in that room until the ant problem was solved completely.
I will never stay at this place again unless I would have no other options available and that I would be 200% certain that pest control pays regular visits to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I would like to truly apologize again for the problems that you had with our property, and I would like to assure you that this will not be a normal issue for our property. If your ever in the area again and feel differently we would love to have you return to your Carlson home.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for the Tyler 1/2 marathon and were impressed. Location was off the main road which made the room very quiet. Everything was extremely clean, walk-in shower, bed and pillows were great and Lance, the man working the desk is one of the best around. He is one of the friendliest and most helpful guys we've met in a long time. Also, if you leave before their breakfast is served. They have to go bags made up for you. We'll be staying here again next year for the race!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Very nice and very clean! Bed is comfortable..which is a big plus. Great breakfast also & very friendly staff. Very nice looking rooms & bathroom was very clean. Would definately recommend to stay at this place

• Stayed October 2013
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review, we value our guest and treat them like family. Our staff takes pride in the services that we have here at the Country Inn & Suites. So please look us up next time your in the area so that we can make that stay an awesome one as well.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tyler South? Share your experiences!