“The best place to stay in Tyler! Hands down!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Tyler
Gloucester, Virginia
“The best place to stay in Tyler! Hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

A big thank you to a fabulous staff: Cavin and Levit were "Excellent" in not only taking our reservation but selling us on the this hotel in the first place. The place was spotless. The welcome at 5pm to 7pm consisted of healthy VEGGIES! and wine. I was ready for a quick snack before dinner and this was perfect.
The room was great!
The hot tub was great...too much chlorine one night...but excellent.
The breakfast was usual High carb however, they supplied FRESH FRUIT and Real OATMEAL.
and served REAL Butter for it. The coffee was perfect and let me not forget the lady that helped me on my first morning. I had my Mom with me who is 82, so I need to carry breakfast to her. The breakfast room assistant: I missed her name... actually OFFERED to carry what I needed to my room with me so I wouldn't need to make 2 trips.
The place was just a refreshing change from most hotels. We stayed 5 nights...price was great. The Egg & I which is about 4 miles up S. Broadway is THE ONLY PLACE FOR breakfast & lunch! not the norm and definitely a cut above!
Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Stay here...eat breakfast and lunch at THE EGG & I. A great health food store is the next block...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cavin V, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful response you gave our property, it is our pleasure to service our guest well. We value your feedback to ensure our service continues to make you feel welcomed, we also look forward to seeing you upon your next arrival. Thank You again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and comfortable the breakfast was hot and fresh. The staff was nice and happy to help and answer questions. we were very happy with our stay and will be staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013
CIS-Tyler, Owner at Country Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your very nice review, we at Country Inn strive to give our guests a great experience, I am glad to know you will be returning. Please call us for your next reservation at 903-561-0863
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a little late it coming however, I am going to write it. Back last October 2012, I called in and reserved a 2 night stay. I had visited the hotel with the local district manager prior to this stay and he had introduced me to the new sales manager at The Country Inn as they did extended stays and in front of her boss she was great. Well, after I stayed my 2 nights at full price, I consulted with the Inn's sales manager about staying longer. She made me sign a 3 week contract which I understand as it is their policy. But, during the initial meeting she was not friendly and seemed rather put out and her rudeness continued through out my entire stay even though I voiced my concerns to her . At the end of my contract I extended my stay for 3 extra days expecting to pay full price. It was my birthday and I was getting ready to go out and had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door. The sales manager (can't remember her name except it started with a K) came banging on my door telling me I had to leave the next day and that she would over look the previous 3 days and that they had contracts with sports groups and others and now they were overbooked by one room because of me when I had booked my room the night before. So, if my room wasn't available, why was I allowed to keep it!?! I stayed there a total of 28 days spending nearly $1900.00 just to have their sales manager to tell me I had to leave or sign another contract which was very obvious she did not want me to do. She had no regard for the fact that I had a "do not disturb" sign on my door or that it was my birthday, just the fact that I needed to leave the next day. If I had stayed 2 more days they would of had to give me my tax money back. The desk staff was wonderful and helpful. I did earn points on my club card that she quickly pointed out I was really NOT entitled to. She was so rude it wasn't even funny. During the week they had resident nights where they served free food and drinks, which the sales manager attended when she was available. While she was friendly and talkative to some of the guests, but she would ignore me, so I would just go sit in my room as I know when I'm not welcomed. Yes, I left the next day as she ordered me to, I did however use some of my points to stay there one night a week or so later and she saw me while she was with a customer she spoke to me and tried to be friendly. Needless to say, I gave her a taste of her own medicine. Again, the desk staff was great! However, the management put me off and made me feel extremely unwelcome and demanded me a paying customer to leave though, I had not caused any trouble except I guess by extending my stay by 3 days believing I was paying full price. As far as staying there again, it is doubtful and I would not recommend anybody dealing with that sales manager about contracts, extended stays or anything for that matter at least until she is replaced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CIS-Tyler, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your lengthy review, I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you mentioned. we have addressed your various concerns with our Director of Sales. I would like to assure you we take our guests concerns very seriously and endeavor to ensure this is never repeated. At Country Inn & Suites we work very hard to offer our guests a great stay, and this time we failed to do so, once again please accept my abject apologies
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Looking for a nice hotel...a little off the beaten path? Country Inn & Suites is the place for you. Call the hotel for directions cause GPS probably wont get you there. But once you are there, you will be pleased. The property is clean and well maintained inside and out. The hot breakfast is fair but the service given by both the breakfast ladies is great. The rooms nice with update furnishings. They even have a reception a couple nights a week with free beer, wine and snacks. But what will bring you back is the staff. Everyone was polite and attentive. The front desk quickly resolved the small issue I had with booking 3rd party and even told me how to avoid it happening again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We picked this hotel because of the indoor pool and hot tub. We had a wonderful time here. Staff was friendly and someone was constantly cleaning around the facility. Our room had a separate bedroom and living area and was very spacious. It was quiet and comfortable. When a bus full of high schoolers arrived we were afraid that breakfast would be slim pickings, but the staff kept it well stocked and there were omelets, ham, bacon and already prepared oatmeal with toppings like brown sugar, fruit and granola along with the usual waffles, cereal, pastries, etc. We stayed on the third floor. There is a nearby Pizza Hut and a mexican restaurant next door that you can visit without having to drive and park. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CIS-Tyler, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Tyler South, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our staff is very proud of the work they do, and when they heard of your kind comments thye were thrilled, Thank you again and hope you visit us soon
shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here before visiting the Caldwell Zoo. The room was spotless, bed was comfortable, and no noise. I made my reservations by phone with a young man named Lance, and he was very helpful and pleasant, and made sure that we had a room where we wanted to be so it would be quiet. Breakfast was included and very good. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: third floor, away from elevator-not a sound all night
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, our staff is thrilled to hear you loved the hotel, we look forward to seeing you again soon
georgetown, texas, usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

For the price your paying this is a very nice hotel. Rooms are spacious, clean and the beds are very comfortable. I have to agree with Jock57, the walls are a little thin you can here hall noise. If people aren't being considerate of other guests. The main rooms you want to avoid are on the second floor near the staircase. We travel to Tyler several times a year so we stay at this location often. Join Club Carlson which is free and you can earn free rooms fairly quickly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review, we look forward to seeing you again soon

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tyler South? Share your experiences!