“great value.. clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Tyler
Simonton, Texas
“great value.. clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just needed one Sat. night stay to attend a local event. Staff was very courteous, checked in early. Were chaperoning a teen all nighter at another location so was in and out of the room at 3:00 AM and all was very quiet. Slept in unil close to check out time with no disturbances. Very clean room. last remodel was done very well. Liked the wood-like floor and unexpected fridge and microwave. No clock/radio/alarm in room, but I seldom use those anyway. Would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and i looked dor a cheap room for a night for over a hour. We found this one, checked out a room and was surprised at what i saw for the peice! Ita clean nice and they are so respectful. Totally staying here when we have to make our trips to Tyler! Very satisfied!

• Stayed March 2014
Tyler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great for the price I paid. The staff was more than friendly and made the stay nice. Of course it wasn't the fanciest hotel, but it was better than a lot of the other ones I've seen or looked around at. Would recommend them for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed only one night at this hotel on Oct 14, 2013. We were on our way home from the cruise trip at Port of New Orleans.

Elegant from the outside, modern (marble like countertops: both sink and dresser), spacious, clean and smell clean inside. Our room was non-smoking and had a king size bed with a coffee maker, microwave and a mini-fridge. Compared to other hotels: great rate or the best rate per night you can ever get for the quality of the room.

However, the down side is we discovered two flies sitting on our pillows. We spent lots of time trying to chase them out of the room and I later spotted a bug on the light fixture in the bathroom which I'm sure was a cockroach. Also, the handle of the shower/bath water faucet fell off into our hands when we first turned it on, and we had to push it back in for it to stay on. That made it hard to know what position was hot or cold water. And if that weren't enough, only some water came out from the shower head and the rest from the faucet which made it longer for the water to drain from the bathtub. We either had water came up way above our ankle level or constantly turned it off and turned it back on again to finish the shower.

I made the first complaint later on at night before bed. A young front desk lady could only say sorry. The next morning at 8 a.m. when we checked out, I made another complaint to another front desk lady who also made an apology, thanked me for letting her know about the problems and said that she would have someone check the shower faucet.

Even though when I reserved the room at this hotel without knowing that the phone number, 800-992-2694, I got off from an On-line reservation wasn't the hotel reservation number, my husband and I felt that we should have at least been credited or refunded for some of the charge we paid for the room.

For the looks of the hotel and the quality of the hotel room and the great rate, this hotel could have been the best of all hotels you could ever find if they would have thoroughly checked to make sure that everything is working properly and would have maintained it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bellaire, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed two nights at the 12 Oaks Hotel in October 2013. I was in Tyler alone to run in the Tyler Rose Marathon and needed an inexpensive, comfortable place to stay. I chose this hotel after reading user reviews. This hotel is a great value for someone not looking for lots of luxury and amenities. It's an older motel/hotel but has a recent renovation and is very attractive with nice landscaping. The buildings form a ring with free, safe parking on the interior of the grounds. There is a very small pool and the lobby is small (but nicely decorated). There is no restaurant, no bar, no continental breakfast. There was a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker in the room but no alarm clock, no artwork, no ballpoint pen and no pad of paper. Free Wi-Fi in the room as well as in public areas, nice flat screen TV, very comfortable bed (but lumpy pillows) and good water pressure. Neat little charging station with outlets on the nightstand for charging your phone, iPad, Nook, Kindle, etc. The room was clean and comfortable. The pictures I have seen are very accurate representations of the room. I see people commenting on the "hardwood floors" but they are not hardwood. They are linoleum flooring that look very much like hardwood and even have some texture to them. They look great and undoubtedly are cleaner than carpet. I had problems connecting to the Wi-Fi and the staff was very helpful and responsive in assisting me. Easy access location on the Loop close to the Caldwell Zoo, the Tyler Rose Garden, convenience stores, Wal-Mart, Denny's and lots of fast food.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Ok here's the TRUTH! The office was tiny and dingy. The room was awesome! The roomkeepers didn't know English, so no extra towles. They didn't have a non smoking room available. Internet signal was not strong enough, so no wifi! And finally, they didn't charge my card till two weeks later, and it screwed my back account up! I stayed 09-19-13 till 09-21-13

• Stayed September 2013
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I loved the hardwood flooring in the room. It was all very clean and smelled cleaned I loved the attention to detail such as the swan towels on the bed and the fan towels. Beds were comfy and clean. Rooms are spacious. Great hotel fora cheap rate!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to 12 Oaks Motor Hotel? Share your experiences!