“Not the best hotel, but the customer service was perfect!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12732 State Highway 155 North, Tyler, TX 75708   |
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Tyler
“Not the best hotel, but the customer service was perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

My husband, son, our dog & I were making a cross country trek from El Paso to North Carolina. Upon driving our huge U-haul with our car strapped to it or 15 hours straight, we booked a hotel through *rb*tz & they gave us the wrong directions. Now, if anyone knows it's incredibly hard to manuver let alone attempt a u turn in a uhaul(yes, we got stuck). MIGHT I ADD DANGEROUS, especially at 3am!

Anyways, this happened to be the 1st hotel we found. While we went to check in, my little boy nealry broke his ankle on the emergency brake. So, on top of the stress of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere, my son was in pain & the dog decides to run off. If it weren't for that kind man & wife who work there & their kindness by helping a family(they offered to take us to the hospital, chased our dog & they didn't charge us for her staying there. Also, the lady gave my son an Indian rub that smelled funny but he said made his ankle feel better) who felt that it couldn't get any worse we would have never made it another day.

Well, they only had a king size bed(that was clean), but that was ok. That night we all slept soundly & held each other closer because they made our stay feel welcomed & safe after such a traumatizing night. They had cereal for breakfast, but the kind lady made us some muffins to take on the road.

Not usually something I would normally stay at but then again you should never judge a book by it's cover.

Thank you for your help.

• Stayed June 2010
      Location
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank itdlv
Kaleish, regional director at Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Management

Edgewood, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

This was by far, the nastiest motel that i have ever attempted to book. I got a room and because it was literally filthy...it had a USED bathmat in the bathtub and there was some kind of brown spooge on the toilet seat and lid. I marched straight down to the office and asked for another room. OMW to the new room, I spotted some old, stained mattresses leaning up against the wall of the motel. OMG YUCK!! The second room was worse than the first...the carpet had actual debris on it and the toilet lid and seat had big spots of black mold on it....OMG could it be any nastier????????? Then, there were no bulbs in the light sockets, the tv remote was dirty..and there was NO way I was sleeping on the sheets, which were wrinkled and disgusting......I marched right back down and asked for a refund and LEFT there, never to go back....GROSS GROSS GROSS...DO NOT stay here, EVER!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank beaglemom96
Kaleish, Regional manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with your guest room. We have taken corrective measures to insure this will not experienced again by another guest.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs

Management

Travelers are raving about these Tyler hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

My family and I stayed at this Days Inn over the weekend for Azalea Trail in Tyler.

I have stayed in some cheap dives before in my travels, but this place is by far the nastiest motel I have ever had the displeasure of laying my head.

The toilets were not clean, the "non smoking" room smelled like smoke and old shoes, but the worst aspect was the sheets themselves!

There was other people's hair all in the white linen sheets and the wool blanket had hair that must have been collecting there for weeks. It also had strange black spongy spheres stuck to it!

Also, I counted atleast three different people's hair on one pillow case! My family and I could only wonder how long it had been since they bothered to change out the linens.

Oh...and to top it all off, the Owner-Operator himself told me that the sheets WERE CLEAN, but they hair and unidentifiable objects were "sticky hairs" that cant come out during the wash.

Do yourself and you family a BIG favor, stay away from this place. Not only did the owner expect my family and I to sleep in filth, he LIED to my face.

ps... I was not the only one who needed clean sheets that night. I saw them about an hour later changing out the sheets of someone a few doors down.

pps... Maybe I should have expected this kind of filth since it is RIGHT next to an "Adult" Warehouse.

STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyler
Americas Best Value Inn - Tyler/Lindale
Comfort Suites Lindale - North Tyler
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tyler - University Area
Quality Inn Tyler - Lindale
BEST WESTERN Lindale Inn
Hampton Inn Lindale/Tyler

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Winona/Tyler? Share your experiences!