“Very Pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 32 hotels in Tyler
Georgetown, Texas
“Very Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

After attending a funeral in East Texas, we needed a hotel for the night. We selected the Sleep Inn in Tyler because of the TripAdvisor reviews, and we were 100% pleased. Our room with a king bed, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and two plasma TVs was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was large with more than an adequate supply of bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, mats, etc.. The breakfast area was what impressed us. It was large with various size tables and about 50 chairs. The serving area was in two areas so there was no crowding while selecting your food. The food was pretty much standard free hotel breakfast. They had eggs, sausage, bacon, bisects & gravy, two waffle makers, the usual cereals, pastries, fruits etc. Some nights they have snakes and we happened to be there on a night when the breakfast area had a tub of iced cokes, beer, and bottle water with a hot serving of two kinds of chicken wings. At check in the clerk told us to help ourselves. Yes, we were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
cuwhite0727, Regional Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your review! Your feedback is very important to us! Come see us again soon!

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lumberton,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

...not that my expectations were low, but that I was so pleasantly surprised of how nice this hotel is for it's size! We were here for three nights. Huge room with extra siiting area with pullout sofa bed, with two flat screen tv's. Very comfortable King bed and very quiet room.Everything was fresh and new looking and even smelled pleasant. Nice outdoor pool area, with no jacuzzi, however. Just wrong time of year to enjoy it. Great breakfast in the morning until 9:30 and on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings there is a two hour evening snack with drinks complimentary.Very friendly staff!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your review!
Mount Vernon, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We lived in Tyler, but needed a hotel when our air conditioner broke during a hot Texas summer. We went on vacation just after the repairman came to fix it. We thought it would be fixed in one day....but then found out it was going to take MUCH longer. We returned to Tyler to and checked into the Sleep Inn because it looked like they were almost done working on it. THEN we found out it would take even longer. I explained our situation to the management and asked if they could help us out somehow. They found us a room that we could use until the air conditioner was fixed and gave me an affordable rate. Their wonderful help made a difficult situation much more bearable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear your stay was great. Please come back and see us!
Pineville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I, as someone else has stated, was greeted at our check in by people in the pool who were drinking and foul mouthed. It was after midnight and they didn't seem to care that I had my small children with me.
Check in was wonderful. The guy at check in was very wonderful. He was informative and way more pleasant that anyone I've ever encountered working the overnight shift. Our room was everything we could have asked for. It had everything we wanted and needed for our family. The only other problem that we encountered was with a person at the front desk the next afternoon. The pool was out of towels. I asked someone on the housekeeping staff if we could have some towels for the pool, and she said there weren't any at that time but we could use our room towels. She said that we could just get some more towels for our room later. When the time came for us to get more towels, we were informed by the person at the desk (rudely, at that) that there was a shortage of room towels because everyone kept using for the pool. We were given 2 towels for my family of 5 to use that night.
We would probably stay at the hotel again because the positive outweighs the 2 negative things that happened, but I would suggest for the person at the front desk not getting rude to the guests when situations like that arise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer Lynn B, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
TaeKen805, thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the surrounding circumstances at the pool during your arrival. I am very pleased to see that the front desk agent provided you with a pleasant check in experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed your room. Please accept my apologies for the rudeness of a member of my staff. We strive to provide excellent customer service and this issue has been addressed. We hope that if you are ever in the Tyler area, that you well allow us to provide you with the excellent customer service that we strive for. Thank you for staying with us and safe travels!
Giddings, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I have traveled to numerous states as well as abroad. There are too many to list. The Jamacians take the cake abroad, however, I have to say that this hotel left me utterly speachless. I was a very late check-in. 3am to be exact, and after 4 hrs of driving was I simply drained. As a former hotel employee, night auditor, I should've known to call and let the hotel know that I was indeed coming, just not so fashionably late. VERY LATE. That being said, Mr Scott ran the audit and rolled the day over, as it is his job. What wasn't his job was to go above and beyond his duty to remedy the predicament I had caused. I booked through hotels.com and being that it was a 3rd party reservation he couldn't reinstate my reservation. Although he said it be best if we called to resolve the matter ourselves, he attempted to contact hotels.com as well. Within a matter of moments he was checking me in and had better & faster results from hotels.com than we did. I couldn't have been more impressed. Also, there was a slight issue with my rooms potty. He not only upgraded my room but he also assited me with moving my luggage. As I stated before, I was utterly speechless.

My overall experience here was out of this world and I've already told my husband that whenever we return to Tyler this is where I want to stay, no exceptions.

With Sincerest Thanks,
Melody D.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, Melody D, for reviewing our property! These are the kind of reviews that my staff and I are always thrilled to see. We do our best to reach a level of customer service that supercedes others. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future so that we can provide you with the same wonderful experience. Safe travels!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My family are staying here for two nights. The room is clean and comfortable. The concierge was nice and helpful. But I have a problem with the drinking and smoking infront of the hotel right by the front door.. we used the side door to avoid them. When we came back from dinner. If I was needing a room and didn't have reservations seeing this I would go elsewhere. Sad because other than that our stay has been great no issues.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for the other guests behavior during your stay. We as always will do anything we can to make everyone as comfortable as possible. Come back and see us again soon.
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and extended family, a total of about 50 members, stayed the weekend for a family reunion. The hotel property was centrally located, the lobby and rooms were updated and pleasing to the eye. The front desk staff was steller and they too felt like family; accommodating in every way imaginable. The food and beverage service for breakfast was well done. The food area and tables were always clean and there was no lack of food. good too was good quality and perfect for our event. The event/conference room was clean and well conditioned as well. On my next trip to Tyler, we will definitely stay there! Good value, Good property!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much Linda! Come see us again soon!

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Tyler? Share your experiences!