“Restful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Tyler
texarkana
“Restful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. One of the most pleasant surprise was the shower. Best shower I've ever had while traveling. The water pressure and shower head were outstanding. There was no lack of hot water or water pressure! The new brown and blue carpet adds the final touch. It was very well decorated.

Room Tip: It is on a busy street so the back end is best.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear TexarkanaSadiebelle,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn Tyler. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our clean rooms and comfortable beds. I'm also glad that you enjoyed our newly decorated hotel. We are very excited to show it to our guests! We look forward to another visit.

Steven C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Sant'Angelo in Vado, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Was there for benevolence journey - sister in critical condition, ICU, Trinity Mother Frances Hospital. Room was very clean with all accommodations. Needed ground floor and got floor. First desk clerk, Dee, was awesome in friendliness and service. She's a keeper. No interaction with day clerk next day -- not sure what his name was. The second evening, I had a load to carry to room, and did so only to find my room key was inactivated. Had to lug my stuff back to the lobby and for a 69 yr. old woman, that wasn't particularly easy on me. No desk clerk. Knocked on the door behind the desk, twice. No answer. Called the phone number to see if someone would hear it and come pick it up. No answer. Tried to contact customer service on internet, but was on hold with that number for a while. Finally, after almost an hour, a guy came in, stepped behind the desk. By this time, another guest was there and asked if he was the desk clerk. He said yes, and seemed nervous. Apologized for not being there. He came from outside somewhere. He wasn't dressed in a suit jacket like the other 2 desk clerks had been. He had on a shirt that looked like it just came out of the package with all the folds in it. It was untucked. He had on a cap. His name tag said, "Dionte" or something like that. He did know how to activate my room key, so I suppose he must have had a password for that. He didn't ask me for id or anything to even confirm that I was an actual guest. He just activated the card. It made me feel pretty insecure about the safety. Once in, I noticed that the window slid open with no safety latches. I called him about some way to secure the window. He didn't seem to know just what to do about that. I finally told him to get me a broom stick or bar of some sort to secure it. I finally worked it out without any further help from him. The name for the manager posted was Steven Cottrell, who I never met. Not sure if he was on duty or not. I wasn't very happy about all of that. I do prefer Marriott - all of their hotels, but beng on my own with a critical family situation was especially tryiny this time around. It was the Fairfield Inn, Tyler, TX. Janis Pride

Room Tip: Away from the busy loop -- choose back side if possible. Also, I really wish the breakfasts were se...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Janis P,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Tyler. I'm pleased to hear that Dee provided you with exceptional service. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your room key not working and for there not being a member of my staff available to assist. This is completely unacceptable and has already been addressed to ensure that it doesn't happen again. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area, you will give us another opportunity to make up for this.

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was an exceptional surprise too me! The hotel staff were great! The room was large and clean. Very comfortable. Dee checked me in and was a delight to deal with! Very nice and professional. I will defintly stay here next time I'm in Tyler.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Jap3501,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that Dee provided you with exceptional service and that you enjoyed our large, clean rooms! I will be sure to let her know that her hard work is being noticed. We hope to see you very soon back here at the Fairfield Inn Tyler.

Hutto, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Starting at the parking lot, to the entranceway to the Reception desk, to the room and comfortable bed,and finally to the awesome breakfast cooked by Pamela " I got" is the reason I want to come back to this excellent hotel 5"Star" in my book.
Adara is an exceptional Hostess and people person.
You don't hav to be a Platinum Member to be treated like one by Adara. Adada handled three guests with a smile and care.
I have stayed here before and both times have been treated with genuine "We Appreciate Your Business" manner. The layout of this hotel and color scheme really make for a relaxing stay during breakfast or just having a drink.

Room Tip: Numerous restaurants/fast food of all kinds. Perfect area for shopping and just touring.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Fermin G,
We appreciate you letting others know about your stay at the Fairfield Inn Tyler. We strive to impress our guests, and I'm happy to hear that Adara and the rest of our staff helped to make your stay exceptional. I will be sure to let them know that their hard work was noticed. Please come back and see us again soon.

Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Very happy to see the fitness center. The hotel was recently renovated and looks new. Beautiful lobby and breakfast area. My room was really nice. The staff show excellent customer service. Adara prepared a nice gift bag and welcome letter and brought me while i was on the threadmill in the fitness center. Thank you for making my stay pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear MMount,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Tyler. I'm glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our newly opened fitness center. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Kind thanks,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very nice, clean and friendly hotel. I stayed the day prior to checking into the hospital for surgery. Each guest is greeted with a smile and friendly service. Adrana is genuinely caring and is a great asset to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Susan C,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Tyler. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff provided exceptional service to you. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again the next time you find yourself in Tyler.

Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Very nice! We were only there one night but everything was great. Check in was easy, friendly staff. Feels like it's been renovated in the last couple of years. Breakfast was good in the morning. We will definitely stay there again when we return next year.

• Stayed June 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Mom2125,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Tyler. We just finished renovating our hotel and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind thanks,
Steven C.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tyler? Share your experiences!